Does Sup Forums use AHK?

does Sup Forums use AHK?

no

what are you doing normally that you need to incorporate maintaining and using macros for

using a "modern" computer operating system

Eeevee desktop pets

im glad runescape made this shit banable

I use it for a bunch of random things:

Mouse control:
slowing it to speed 1 (good for drawing, 3D, code editing weirdly, it snuck in there)
move to bottom left corner.

window control:
Basic fixed tile manager based on my uses.
Just based on 50% splits on vertical and horizontal, well, horizontal is smaller since I have a virtual sidebar section on the right for various toolbars, magnifier when drawing, and other stuff.
Removing window chromes like in that gif

A simple text (simtext!) editor I summon with win+'
Mainly use it to keep basic notes at the side of the screen. It has a home in the sidebar above.

File sorter.
Literally scans a folder you pass to it, searches a list of extensions, moves them to another folder based on those extensions.
I only use it for the sake of organising download folder. Makes it easier to then sort the files based on content.

Multi-clipboard that I basically never use.
Going to rewrite it one day.
Will actually write a UI for it as well, instead of dumping its contents to the simtext window.

Various glyph hotkeys
Such as adding dashes so I can be a pompous prick on the internet :^) : - – —
I can't remember if these even showed.

Language sucks fucking balls though. Holy shit it is so bad.

But now I cannot make broad bolts at lighting fast speeds.

i use sxhkd
linux btw
haha

does the game detect the exe or what?
If it detects it by install directory, change it.
If by filename, change it. (will also get around by process name)
If by process hash, maybe hex-edit the process will work.

However, if it only detects robotic-like movements, just random it up.
Random click positions with random delays can usually work, if not random mouse movements using a simple Bresenham line + random-ish offsets as it moves from A->B.

I used to before switching to gnu-linux.
Rapid desktop automation is the only thing I miss from Windows.

Detects strange mouse movements and clicking same pixel. For what you suggest might as well use a bot.

>old-school RS

Ahahahaha get fucked you lot of manchildren. Now get back to splashing and walking under every "boss".

Yes, I use it to bind hotkeys to a cheapo numpad I bought. It's working quite well.

No, I'm not a shit brained skiddie.

Yes, but really only for typing some of the Unicode I use more regularly more easily. I did just use a keyboard layout created with MSKLC for the same purpose, but AHK has more flexibility and it's better for me to not have to mess with the existing regional/language settings where possible.

The scripting language for it is godawful. Few things ever needed case-sensitive key-value lookups or switch/case statements so badly.

It can do a bunch of other things of course, but I don't need that.

>mpv
>needing windows decorations
>ever
retard

Yea. I just set it up so when I press win+s my computer goes to sleep.

I use it to
>remap caps lock to escape
>use insert key as play/pause
>use scroll lock key to go to sleep
>use pause key to open downloads folder

pretty neat 2bh

Can agree. The language is such a fucking mess, horribly inconsistent command structure and syntax rules.
The recent versions that added OOP support are horrible hacky at that.

AHK2 never.

Some jackass has created a pokemon pet with it (and a makefile)

I use it at work for opening programs and using work related pasta for email and letters.

Also useful is simple old .vbs for automating logins to company websites.

Oh yeah, I have a bunch of programs anchored to hotkeys.
Specifically more than what shortcut hotkeys can do is the ability to launch more than one process at once, and the useful scripting.
So being able to open program, notes and a working directory and lay the windows out automatically is HUGELY useful. (especially with shit programs that don't save location and size!)

Equally hotkeys to terminate groups of programs once I am done. (and termination is of no danger in causing corruption)
I regularly use this with VOIP / IM if I just want to exit all of them at once to Get Shit Done.

And various other common processes for simple editing like in pic related.
Reason I use N for Wordpad instead of W is because it used to be notepad, but notepad fucking sucks so I changed it to Wordpad and since I got used to the letter, never changed it.

Yeah you are doing more with AHK than I am.

I've never really had a need for much else with it.

I'm sure if I were more motivated there is much more I could automate.

Can someone help me with something?

There is a proprietary Windows application that I have to use at work. It doesn't support Ctrl-V or Shift-Insert to paste text inside of it. It does have a right-click context menu which has the 'Paste' option. There is also a paste button on the UI.

I just want to attach a hotkey (say, Ctrl-V) to create an on-click event on the paste button, or just 'call' the UI button. How do I do this?

>It doesn't support Ctrl-V or Shift-Insert to paste text inside of it

That is fucked up. I know your pain because I have a similar contact management system that has the same limitation.

I don't know AHK well enough for a solution there, but you could make a .vbs to use send keys, and then call the .vbs with AHK.

Xdotool and the default Ubuntu shortcut manager are enough for me tbqh

I got so bored one day years back I automated shitposting in visual form!

I have a solution for that, but I will need to rewrite it a bit.
I have a script I wrote for sending by clipboard to send huge strings of text really quickly instead of the slow methods in AHK.
I'll write it up now.

Here's the original sendByClipboard anyway.
Hopefully properly in code tags, I never did use these since I always used pastebin.
sendByClipboard(data, delay="100"){
o_clip := clipboard
clipboard = %data%
send ^v
sleep, %delay%
clipboard := o_clip
}

>I automated shitposting in visual form!

haha noice

I just realized how stupidly overcomplicated I made this out to be when it is actually rather simple.

shift & ins::
altPaste()
return

altPaste(){
send ^V
}

That SHOULD work.
If not, the send keys code might work, which I have sitting around somewhere since I used it for Dwarf Fortress.

Oh fuck sake, this headache. I just re-read your post and realized it does not support the hotkey period.

THIS should work.
This copies out the clipboard and uses the slow AHK sending method.
It is between keys and clipboard, so it might now work.

altPaste(){
data := clipboard
sendEvent %data%
}

If this bit doesn't work, then the hotkey-sending method absolutely should work since it simulates the actual keys being pressed at driver level.