Is FOSS society getting massively cucked by SJWs?

Debian - wiki.debian.org/AntiHarassment
GNOME - wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Outreachy?action=show&redirect=OutreachProgramForWomen

Do know any more FOSS projects that lean towards SJW agenda?
Is entire FOSS going to be hijacked by special snowflakes?
What is RMS stance on SJW-related topics: feminism, LGBTQWERTYUI+, PoC?
Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

archwomen.org/
dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=17
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=QEMU-Possible-Vulkan
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FOSS technically can let anyone in, but you don't have to make the changes if you don't want to. Great thing about FOSS is that you can fork it like with devuan for debian.

> s FOSS society getting massively cucked by SJWs?
Yes

The problem is that women are starting to get the pussypass regarding their code submissions, quality drops, besides that energy is wasted on this useless crap.

Geento still fine :^)

It's not FOSS fault the project manager or whoever controls the project is a beta who thinks he'll get laid if he's all nice to women. When men start realizing they won't get laid for doing special favors like this, this crap will stop.

>What is RMS stance on SJW-related topics: feminism, LGBTQWERTYUI+, PoC?
Why don't you mail him and ask?

Point to a single shred of evidence that an anti-harassment policy or an outreach program has a negative effect on software.

Don't worry, there is always OpenBSD.

They bring in shitty programmers who only care about political agendas rather than quality code.

>only care about political agendas
Welcome to modern society where people can't separate politics from anything.

nah, it mostly just is debian
an important part why it's utter shit
they spend much more energy SJWing than building something usable

You don't see Sup Forums shoving a political agenda down everyone and demanding everyone think just like them. It's not the 90s/00s anymore where christian conservatives were demanding everyone to follow their moral views, the crazy left is doing that now.

i can

therefore they ought to be capable too

>You don't see Sup Forums shoving a political agenda down everyone and demanding everyone think just like them.
wut

>i can
>therefore they ought to be capable too
I feel the same way about turn signals. Doesn't make it true.

The drama that's taken over the Libreboot project is a good example of what happened when social justice took over a project.

it's not just that, it's also that guys will be scared that criticizing a woman the same way they'd normally criticize a guy on their team will get them branded as a sexist, misogynist, etc etc.

(i) you are a resident or national of any country or region other than Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, or Sudan and identify as a woman (cis or trans), trans man, or genderqueer person (including genderfluid or genderfree) or (ii) you are a resident or national of the United States of any gender who is Black/African American,
America what the fuck is wrong with you

>waaaahhh wuminz are getting in my zektyt klubb :,((
Get fucked.

Spoken like a true twelve year old that you are. Congrats.

Libreboot is why projects need tighter control on who runs it and what patches they accept. They can't stop someone from making any changes they want on a downloaded copy of the source code, but they sure can stop it from going upstream.

Here's that (you) that you wanted.

There's ego in literally every project that isn't abandoned. The only difference is you only take issue when it's coming from a woman.

>debain
>secret club
Try again lady(male)

>when it's coming from a woman.
user, I have some news for you.

GNU/Linux has always been a cespool for outcasts, that's why we're all here isn't it?

This is yet another form of outcast/minority, further proving this theory.

Women can't claim outcast status because they can easily make friends.

>i don't understand sarcasm. also i'm insecure so i'll insult you
I used to be against political correctness just for the sake of it. Quite frankly as long as it pisses retards like you off and it does not affect me, or anyone else for that matter, I'm just fine with it.

I don't think you've seen the women making those pages, or the men doing it for them, by and large. It's not quite as simple as average women.

But overall I agree with you.

>muh secrit club
people of all backgrounds and beliefs are welcome in the FOSS community.

Being inclusive is what FOSS community was always about.

It doesn't matter if you're a fascist, communist, fat slob, hoarder, sociopath, convicted serial killer, indian or a dragonkin/otherkin with chopped off genitalia.
As long as you contribute to the greater good there's no authority that will tell you stop and look somewhere else.

Which is why all these weird projects about marketing ot to the "underrepresented" groups seems unnecessary and pointless.
But hey, it ain't my money, I don't really care.

XD I was being sarcastic

FOSS was about stopping control of how you modify and create a project, that you couldn't stop someone from making their own edit or study it. It was never about letting anyone in no matter how shitty they are or how badly they will damage the project.

Basically no white men allowed.

You're telling me that Linux+GNU is just for beta subhumans? That's a harsh reality...

This guy gets it.

Do you even have to identify yourself in any way other than a username to run, or submit code to, a project?

Why aren't autistic men not allowed in this program. Now that is discrimination

>Outreachy
What stops men pretending they are dickgirls to get the stipends?

>Great thing about FOSS is that you can fork it like with devuan for debian.
And eventually you'll have devuan-women and you'll get cucked again.

But libreboot is still being worked on as actively as before. Code quality hasn't suffered, only the project's reputation has. (Some developers left to form librecore, a coreboot fork, which looks like it'll also be a good project.)

>projects need tighter control on who runs it and what patches they accept
Who do you think should control who runs a project? Surely if you start a project it's up to you what patches you accept, right? And if people don't like it they can leave and fork it (or make their own fork of upstream).

+1

this guy gets it.

on a barely related note, when is devuan gonna have a non-beta release?

No

archwomen.org/

See what I mean?

>But libreboot is still being worked on as actively as before. Code quality hasn't suffered, only the project's reputation has. (Some developers left to form librecore, a coreboot fork, which looks like it'll also be a good project.)
What a load of shit, the best devs left.

Just like """Femanon""" they have to insert their fucking gender where it is not required at all. These new fucking snowflakes don't want genuine equality because then they would be on equal footing in opportunity, not outcome.

dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=17

These people aren't outcasts, they're a privileged class that gets attention for no good reason. You can't honestly criticize the code of a tras-kin wymyn like you would anyone else's without the risk of being lambasted and called *ist. This is a case where the establishment is fully convinced that it is the underdog. It's fiction. No matter how many companies and public figures they strong arm into endorsing them, they'll still claim to be oppressed.

Pretty much this.

>people of all backgrounds and beliefs are welcome in the FOSS community.
i.e you want corporate controlled SJWs to take over. They're not in it to contribute.

Nice!

>Is FOSS society getting massively cucked by SJWs?

FOSS is made out of SJWs you dumb fuck

can't even ask the proper questions

>Implying the women actually code and it isn't Rajesh doing everything

This is proof the Devuan developers understand that Debian was taken over by socjus

Read my post again instead throwing your manbaby tantrums.
I never said "let anyone contribute no matter how bad the quality of their work is".

Being only identified by nickname like this user said is the very definition of equality - the only thing that matters, is code.

It's what breaks the quality of code, not being able review it.

BASED

leave

No, but you're forgetting one crucial element of every community/society on this planet: attention whores.

Based as fuck, I'll think about switching to devuan soon.

>No, but you're forgetting one crucial element of every community/society on this planet: attention whores.

^THIS

Consumers don't care about SJW topics. If the FOSS I write independently becomes more popular than the FOSS you write independently, sorry, but it's because it's better. My race, sex, sexuality, or gender identity don't enter into that.

I realize you're talking not just about FOSS, but about FOSS *society*. As in, FOSS organizations with a structured and controlled workflow overseen by a hierarchy. How cute. You do realize the Internet so facilitates self-publishing that going through such channels is no longer necessary, right? You might very well just independently post your code on GitHub, with no outside help or influences in structuring the original version, and if its features are useful, innovative, abundant (but no more so than is appropriate), and written elegantly and efficiently, people might start forking it -- and if the strength of the original code is so great that it imparts to the forked projects those same attributes, then people will want to fork the forked projects, and in this way, you might very well create a new community around your software -- especially if you continue publishing software of similar quality.

You just wait until a woman, LGBT person, queer person, person of color, or supporter of any such person creates such a project. "Muh leaning towards SJW agenda. Muh hijacked by special snowflakes." You can't call a project "hijacked" by a social movement if the project was FOUNDED by a supporter of that movement. And you can't call the project "massively cucked" by the social movement, either, if you have to admit it's still pretty good.

Won't be long now, cis scum. (By the way, not all cis people are scum for being cis people, only you specifically.) Just you wait.

tl;dr

>You just wait until a woman, LGBT person, queer person, person of color, or supporter of any such person creates such a project.

>j-j-just wait, y-you'll s-see

Whatever queer-scum faggot. Get AIDS.

1) No. No thanks. That sounds awful.
2) Just wait, you'll see.

I'm fine with women, non-whites and mentally-ill people writing a code, and even being successful at it. I'm against their bragging about their *identity*, for lack of better word, and imposing unneeded community guidelines for non-existent problems. Women were always involved in programming, you have to live under a rock not to acknowledge that. They just wasn't attention-whoring, until now. Also you don't see anything like that:
>DURR I'M JOHN, I'M A WHITE MAN, AND I CAN WRITE CODE DURR

stop being silly, pls.

Probably because the use retarded shit like double negatives...

>I'm against their bragging about their *identity*, for lack of better word, and imposing unneeded community guidelines for non-existent problems
Oh, okay. So in terms of white supremacism, you're more the "discrimination against nonwhites was indeed a problem at a time, but it's now a solved problem and anyone who still complains about it is crying wolf" type, rather than the "whites are under attack and we have to protect the purity of the white race and white culture by not letting anyone do anything unless they're white, and discrimination against nonwhites SHOULDN'T be a solved problem and needs to come back stronger and all niggers should be hanged" type.

Got it. So you're wrong, but at least not an asshole. Cool.

If foss is so smart then where all the foss gamex except tux racer?

>As long as you contribute to the greater good there's no authority that will tell you stop and look somewhere else.
Unless the left consider you an asshole. Then you're not allowed to contribute, with all these new Anti-Harassment policies.

This arrogant holier-than-thou attitude is why people hate "equality" activists.

>white supremacism

Oh ho ho ho. Believing in things that don't exist. Still believe in Santa?

>claiming white supremacism doesn't exist
Oh, okay. So in terms of white supremacism, you're more the "discrimination against nonwhites was indeed a problem at a time, but it's now a solved problem and anyone who still complains about it is crying wolf" type, rather than the "whites are under attack and we have to protect the purity of the white race and white culture by not letting anyone do anything unless they're white, and discrimination against nonwhites SHOULDN'T be a solved problem and needs to come back stronger and all niggers should be hanged" type.

>believing in fairies and "white supremacy"

You're under-age. Mods.

>discrimination against nonwhites was indeed a problem at a time, but it's now a solved problem and anyone who still complains about it is crying wolf
But that's a fact, you have full legal protection under the law. Nobody is going to give me success on a silver platter, why should you get that also?

And you're not the "white people shouldn't exist" type of SJW, you're the "white people standing up for themselves in the same way every other race does is the same as wanting to exterminate all other races" type.

Hint. Both support the same agenda: minimizing the white population on Earth through demonizing our culture, diluting our blood, and making us minorities in our own lands. This is absolutely within the definitions of genocide used by the UN, even if you don't like having to admit it.

>Do know any more FOSS projects that lean towards SJW agenda?
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=QEMU-Possible-Vulkan

>Looking for people with extremely specific knowledge about virtualization, Vulkan and driver development
>Filter out anyone who isn't woman, black, trans, gay or "genderqueer".
Thus this will never be done. I have no idea what being black, gay or trans or a woman has to do with programming skills. A pull request should be a pull request and that's fucking it, what skincolor the person who made it has is completely fucking irrelevant. Is it good useful code? Pull it.

Unfortunately we live in the current year, and programming skills isn't as important as what color of skin you were born with and cannot change. Fucking idiots.

Seriously, the "free software" part of FOSS has been made up of "SJW:s", always. FSF literally has safe space policies for their events and so on. It wouldn't even make sense for a group of people to get so worked up about software freedom / the community having the control over their software and not care about other social issues at all. The point of free software was always to bring politics to the software, "nerd" world.

rms stance: he is always pro-free speech, but he is otherwise very pro-social justice. He has supported feminist movements on his website, and so on.

Now the "open source camp" is a different story; they are the ones who "only care about muh code quality" and so on.

>You just wait until a woman, LGBT person, queer person, person of color, or supporter of any such person creates such a project.
Of course this has already happened. Or do you think all important FOSS projects were founded by white men who don't care about equality?

>ok give me an example
uhhh libreboot? that's maybe a bad example... GNOME?

The old hats are not perse against SJWs, but against politics. I remember RMS slamming some SJW in a mailpost, but other like ESR have actually wrote at length about SJWs being cancer to a community.

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6918

>but other like ESR have actually wrote at length about SJWs being cancer to a community

Fucking based.

WTF I LOVE ESR NOW

>rms
>against politics
uh, you can't get much more political than rms

See why LibreBoot is not GNU Libreboot anymore. It answers to both questions.

>pretending

Alright guise. I'll do it.

I'll take over some project and shut down this bullshit.

How do I proceed?

Put on your best schoolgirl uniform, they won't turn a trap down.

>Got it. So you're wrong, but at least not an asshole. Cool.
Is this some kind of sjw mind trick that (((((they))))) teach you?

who even cares

>claiming white supremacy doesn't exist

>But that's a fact, you have full legal protection under the law. Nobody is going to give me success on a silver platter, why should you get that also?
Law isn't the issue, the issue is culture. Nobody in the software development community is going to give anyone shit for being a white male software developer, so no software developer who isn't a white male software developer should get shit for not being a white male software developer either.

>And you're not the "white people shouldn't exist" type of SJW, you're the "white people standing up for themselves in the same way every other race does is the same as wanting to exterminate all other races" type.
No, I'm the "white people are not under attack and have nothing to stand up for themselves against, and what you CALL 'standing up for themselves' is a DISGUISE for wanting to exterminate all other races, but if white people WERE endangered, I would most definitely call it 'standing up for themselves' as you suggest" type.
>Hint. Both support the same agenda: minimizing the white population on Earth
Not interested in this actually.
>through demonizing our culture,
Only the parts that deserve it.
>diluting our blood,
Non sequitur.
(cont)

(cont from )
>and making us minorities in our own lands.
Hey, we weren't the one who brought slaves over from Africa.
>This is absolutely within the definitions of genocide used by the UN, even if you don't like having to admit it.
Yeah, what you describe is. What SJWs do isn't.

>Is this some kind of sjw mind trick that (((((they))))) teach you?
In other words:
>muh jews
Lol.

FreeBSD is extremely cucked and hellspawn like FreeBSDgirl come from that.
Also I heard a ports developer got kicked for being a Trump supporter. The FreeBSD foundation refused to give him a clear reason for his firing and simply quoted multiple instances of breaking the CoC.

>refused to give him a clear reason for his firing and simply quoted multiple instances of breaking the CoC
contradiction in terms

What the fuck is wrong with you autists that are so afraid of women?

If the work is good and advances FOSS goals, does it matter what their political affiliations or gender are?

Yes.
The reason it matters is 14 words long.

that's kind of the whole point friendo - nobody cares whats in between the legs of the devs, its the fact that these people want to make software the next safe space for people who call themselves xer.

>I'm fine with mentally-ill people writing code
Good, I'll put you in an elevator designed by one.

NatSocs are as retarded as SJWs

Yes, as once they get a grip on a project they start to remove people for political and gender-related reasons.

This opened my eyes. Trannies shouldn't be allowed to write firmware.

>asshole. Cool
I just love how easily the SJWs give themselves away with their lexicon.

>The problem is that women are starting to get the pussypass regarding their code submissions

source?

Please explain to me what you think is wrong with an elevator designed by a gay or transgender person.

inb4:
>muh mentally ill
Homosexuality is not a mental illness, and transgenderism is not the same kind of mental illness as the sort that would impair someone's ability or soundness to write code for an elevator.

>I just love how easily the SJWs give themselves away with their lexicon.
>non sequitur

How about you neck yourself?

>FreeBSD is extremely cucked and hellspawn like FreeBSDgirl come from that.
Bullshit.

>Also I heard a ports developer got kicked for being a Trump supporter
Source? The only link I could find is another Sup Forums thread so I'm calling bullshit. Probably a systemd advocate trying to tarnish the image of FreeBSD.

Here's a better question: is Sup Forums about to launch #CoderGate?

Nice goal shift. I said (and you said) mentally-ill.

You didn't say what kind of mental illness you pile of shit.