/spg/ - Smartphone General - No typos edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Snapdragon 835 Hands On and Qualcomm Visit Part 1: Benchmarks, Performance & Power Savings
xda-developers.com/snapdragon-835-hands-on-and-qualcomm-visit-part-1-benchmarks-performance-power-savings/

OnePlus Unveils the OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition for North America and Europe
xda-developers.com/oneplus-extends-the-oneplus-3t-midnight-black-limited-edition-to-north-america-and-europe/

Android O Adds “Inverted” Light Theme to Display Options
xda-developers.com/android-o-adds-inverted-light-theme-to-display-options/

HTC U Ultra review
gsmarena.com/htc_u_ultra-review-1591.php

Meizu M5s review
gsmarena.com/meizu_m5s-review-1586.php

Huawei P10 review
gsmarena.com/huawei_p10-review-1588.php

Apple iPhone 7 (Product) Red - a special edition color with a good heart
gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_7_product_red__a_special_edition_color_with_a_good_heart-news-24091.php

Apple also updated their SE and iPad line-up but no one cares, r-right?
Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/AUKEY-Charging-Samsung-Android-Smartphones/dp/B019RMFV4Q/ref=sr_1_2?srs=9359766011&ie=UTF8&qid=1490222900&sr=8-2&keywords=charging cable
amazon.com/dp/B01DZJFSZ4/ref=twister_B01G7U1RY4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
amazon.com/dp/B01H2E0KVA/ref=twister_B01G7TG6SW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Obligatory BlackBerry is still good

What's a decent chink phone to flash LineageOS on ? I don't want to use Google services, just fucking phone.

Xiaomi Redmi 3 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 5

I'm still using my classic, it's the comfiest phone I've ever owned and now I hate using a software keyboard

Will Samsung s7 ever go on a massive sale again under T-Mobile?

OP3T or Axon 7

please help my family is dying

>no greentext in OP

>there's no way to automatically encrypt files with tasker

fucking american stupid laws and nobody making a compatible app

OP3T. Axon a shit.

Is there any good android smartphone with 4' - 4,5' display.

No. grow bigger hands.

muh 2k screen

also i realise it's a total meme but has anyone tried daydream? I'm looking for a new phone but I'd like one that can run that garbage because it looks neat. It seems the "daydream approved" google phones are mostly 2k AMOLED

b-bu-but I want to comfortably type with one hand.

Does Samsung hate it's users?

Unfortunately not. iPhone 7 at 4.7' is the closest you'll get.

It's extremely comfortable with 5"

how about this this: Sony Xperia X Compact

It looks pretty decent

This. 5' is more than enough if you want a small phone.

So the Oneplus announcement was just a limited black edition of 3T? Boring.

bought Mi4c
did unofficial unlock, flashed custom bootloader, flashed custom rom.
>mfw phone cost 115euros in total with delivery to home and extra shit included.
>mfw its 1080p, snapdragon 808, 16gb, 2gb ram
Can anything compete with this value? This is some top tier value shit if i ever seen one.

Should I root my G4?I just got a brand new one after a warranty claim and I'm tempted because I want to try and prolong my battery a tad and maybe stop it from overheating, but I don't know how the root scene compared to my old Nexus. Also if it boot loops not sure I want to hassle with warranty (although they never claimed that my warranty restarts)

I've bought 4 of those things. Don't forget they have official nougat and a camera as good as flagships. They get like 74k antutu as well which puts it above the Redmi 4 Prime in every way besides battery life.

Am I just out of the loop, or was the Moto G5+ supposed to be out by now?

I'm sitting on a Galaxy S6 that's been shitting itself for the last month, waiting for the G5+ to be released in the US, and it's getting worse. I need to know if I'm going to be able to get this phone soon.

It's coming in April

Do it and let me know how it goes.
G3 owner and im pretty fed up with the heat/battery life.

So tempted to go out and get an s7 or OP3 tomorrow.

MY question for spg
>Are samsungs good?
The back cover glass on the s7 turns me off because i owned an xperia z3 a few years ago

Is the LG V20 any good?

i rlly like my m9 but it broke from water damage

what would be a comparable upgrade? Im in the 300 budget range

No lol bootloops

Yes

i installed miui 8.3 based on android 7

What's the advantage of a removable battery?

Considering buying an iphone 7

opinions?

batteries wear out over time to a lower % of their original capacity

so you can change it when it's worn out or...?

exactly

okie doke thanksies

Zuk Z2 is only 158 usd now, not sure how many € that is though.

Also you can keep a spare battery fully charged and when you're running low swap batteries to immediately get back to 100% charge

OnePlus 3T

Battery draining pretty quickly and phone gets warm to the touch. CPU-Z reads 40C at MOST with heavy usage. This shit normal? Will the battery drain be fixed?

>CPU-Z reads 40C

40C is normal, and shouldn't get warm to the touch. When you're going 45C+ then it should start feeling.

My HTC One X+ peaked at 50-54C when running Hearthstone and actually gave warnings at the notification bar of "overheating".

So what should I do? I feel it get very warm to the touch even below 40C. I'm also in an AC controlled room.

When does it go to 40C? In idle? When gaming?

Made my dick so hard tho.

8 apps open, watching youtube, messenger, whatsapp messaging etc. Was trying to put a heavy load on it.

Like at this moment it reads 27C and still I feel the warmth.

Reminder that Kirt McMaster did nothing wrong
He stood up to (((them))) and they destroyed him for it.

Fucking xiaomi needs to either lower the price of their mi note 2 or release a mi6 with band 4 and 7, seriously I hate that they only have like 3 phones that have LTE in Canada and the god one is $600

Recommend me an upgrade from the Moto X Pure (clark) for ~$300. I want better battery and camera

Unless the GPU is under load I don't feel like it should go to 40C at all, even though 40C is far from "dangerous" territory. Have you tried killing all the apps, killing Gservices, WiFi and everything, then incrementally starting WiFi, opening apps one at a time, and monitoring temperature between each steps.

If it reads 27C but still feels warm the thermometer might be off or something. Mine's reading 28.7C right now and feels cool to the touch.

hey spg, I made a thread earlier about going to the army and I need a phone below 4.5 inches and with removable battery. Any recommendations? I have my eye on the samsung s5 mini. I want to be able to root and disable a lot of stuff so my battery lasts as long as possible.

Is there a guide to non chink tablets? I dont need a phone, just something powerful to read, watch, and emulate vidya on while lying down

I've gotten overheating warnings from my BlackBerry Priv before, on a really hot summer's day. It also gets really warm when streaming video for long periods of time, but I've never had it warn me of overheating while doing that. Definitely is not meant for games.

Shit I didn't have to worry about on my Galaxy S2...

Moto Z Play
Honor 8

>It also gets really warm when streaming video for long periods of time

That's interesting. I normally leave my phone on with Twitch running at Medium quality the entire night and never feel the warmth. I'm guessing it's between 35-40C which is far below danger levels.

G6 + G watch style for 900$, worth it?

Is the HTC U Ultra a flop?

Hopefully, so they'll actually try with the HTC 11

Is lineageOS worth it over CM13?
Anyone have experience with both?

I'm using the latest verion of Los on my Moto X Pure. It's a little buggy though. I'd imagine Cm13 is more stable

Thx,is it otherwise similar feature wise?

Nexus 6P worth it or nah

if you have official support

Yeah pretty much. Of course, there are new features with Nougat that Lineage includes. I like Nougat so far desu

What's the closest phone to the nexus 4 right now?

Zuk Z2 Pro, honor 8, Meizu Pro 6.

Did I go wrong with a 2/16 redmi note 3, snapdragon version?

zuk z2 probably doesn't have a better camera than the x pure

Who said anything about the Zuk Z2?

Everyone here seems to zuk that phone's dick.

My only phone charger broke. Where might i find a good one for the galaxy s7?

The cable?
Check out Aukey cables, I use them and they're good.

got an honour 6x with 64 gb storage and 4gb ram for less than 300 bucks . did i do well

Should have got the 3gb version

Yeah, just the cable. Is this a good investment?
amazon.com/AUKEY-Charging-Samsung-Android-Smartphones/dp/B019RMFV4Q/ref=sr_1_2?srs=9359766011&ie=UTF8&qid=1490222900&sr=8-2&keywords=charging cable

Just did a factory reset and wiped my cache. Going to charge to 100% and see what it's like. CPU-Z reads 30C at the moment with many many apps open at the moment. I definitely feel warmth too. A subtle warmth.

REEEEEEEEE

Yeah I fucked up, but is the 2/16 ok?

It's fine but it'll hold the rest of the phone back from being completely awesome

What a decent phone for around 175$?

I was thinking this

amazon.com/dp/B01DZJFSZ4/ref=twister_B01G7U1RY4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Also thinking of this for a bit less

amazon.com/dp/B01H2E0KVA/ref=twister_B01G7TG6SW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Anybody have experience with some of those chinkphones?

I'm mainly using it for internet browsing, and never gaming.

Explain.
Are you a /fa/ggot who can't get over the appearance?
Or a 1+ shill?

the KEYone will have a 4.5" display :^)

I got the axon. I sometimes wonder what it would've been like if I'd gotten the other one, but I'm pretty happy because I like to play podcasts while doing other stuff and the sound quality of this phone is amazing. One thing that using a custom ROM will help with, is that the buttons don't light up so it's hard to see them in the dark - you can use software buttons with a custom ROM.

I have an axon7 but no daydream yet. I fooled around with the cardboard stuff though.
I would not want to try it with less than 2k resolution as it is still blurry when watching rendered 3d content (which seems to be the only way to get acceptable image quality. All videos and images I have tried were blurry as fuck)

The amoled screen may not be a necessity for VR shit, but I would not want to miss it either way.

Is there any way to use youtube without ads and with background playback if you aren't rooted and dont live in the USA(without a VPN). Seems even OG youtube requires root to be able to login...

Newpipe

What are you most hyped about?

Galaxy S8
XZ Premium
or LG G6?

Now, where could my pipe be?

>mfw I watched this in NewPipe

Nokia 8

It's too bad newpipe doesn't allow for 1080p or Subscriptions

you planning on moving to keyone, eventually?

What phone on the market today (and perhaps upcoming if anything is known about that) has the best camera for taking photos and recording WSH videos?

600+? Yeah sure.
Want stock android? YUUUUUP

>OKAY FAGGOT BUY A $1000 PHONE

wtf

Dude the Earth is flat LMAO

>dude cracks jokes every two words he says

>this time his second word was about a belief that has been disproven SIX CENTURIES AGO

WOOAHHH MURKA MURKA DURKA DURKA

gullible pieces of shit

LG V20 or Axion 7?
why & whynot?

Get some lube before inserting the Apple cock into your anus

The hero we didn't deserve

The new Moto G is a better choice, even if the screen is slightly bigger