I'd like to learn French, but I'm not sure which variety to learn. Should I learn French from Canada, France...

I'd like to learn French, but I'm not sure which variety to learn. Should I learn French from Canada, France, or somewhere else? Is there a big difference between them all? Will I be laughed at by French qts for speaking like a Canuck, or vice versa?

btw Ottowa is best based, nice parks 2bh

t. American on vacation

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oY6sz5r9hpA
vocaroo.com/i/s1rpz2BrV5jo
youtu.be/MTQwikIWOB8
youtube.com/watch?v=JA9dzJQ1Rds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hey what? I have an American Flag? I've had a leaf all week, since I'm in Ottawa...

what? its the same french, its all about the accent and you will have a shitty american accent regardless

OP, just learn French from France.

Yes, Quebecois and other Francophones here tend to use different vocabulary and have different accents, but actually, we all learn Metropolitan French in school.

>it's the same French
>courriel
>stationnement
>dépanneur

learn France French unless you live in Vermont
>what are dialects

you'll most likely learn the same either way and pick the accent and expressions of whoever you're talking to

>american accent
>shitty
pick one

memes aside though, I'm not too worried about my accent. I speak a few languages, and I'm usually mistaken for a native.
Is that really the only difference, though? Accent?

>Is that really the only difference, though? Accent?

There are some vocabulary differences, but many are colloquial.

nope, its not like two dialects of french separated by an ocean for 400 years will develop the same
there's some different words, sayings, etc
I'd go with real french t b h, more relevant internationally and gaybecois will still understand you

Thanks, these answers are big helps. Out of curiosity, though, is and accent from one or the other generally regarded as nicer?

there is practically no difference anyway besides Canadians typically being worse posters

T B H
T B
H

I'm an expert in languages.
Learn this dialect.
youtu.be/oY6sz5r9hpA

French French sounds far nicer.

This
We all learn the Queen's English in school, but being mostly exposed to Washingtongue in life, we end up speaking/writing in a sort of hybrid + very strong accent

lel, its few words variation, core of the language is the same, english from england and english from america is the same, but a few words variation/spelling like colour/color

Québecois is a meme, we learn french, we just use our culture and accents on it, like catholic swearing or some influence from english like practice

>
vocaroo.com/i/s1rpz2BrV5jo

I agree with this user:

doesn't sound too bad famalam

Some french people make fun of the québécois accent because it sounds very different from our french. We also tend to banter the belgians about their expressions and their pronounciation.

But when you write in french it doesn't matter, it's the same everywhere?

was that english

I have a German friend irl that does this. He sounds English for half his sentence, then switches for some to sound more American.

He's tried to stop, he says he can't.

quebec french with a strong accent is hard for french people from france to understand i learned. I lived in montreal and the people i lived and worked with hardly spoke any english and people who are monolingual tend to have a heavy quebecois accent so the french i learned was their kind. when i met people here who were from france they had a hard time understaning me

youtu.be/MTQwikIWOB8

Africans have nice accents sometimes.

Both his mastery of french and his accent are superior to quebec french or algerian immigrant french to be quite honest familia

French from France is more elegant

>tfw African French sounds so cute and adorable

Depends of what you hear by that, a southern/northen french accent is not elegant at all.

French anons, r8 her accents (she speaks in "general", Quebec, and Metropolitan accents):
youtube.com/watch?v=JA9dzJQ1Rds

thats what ive been saying, you cant learn french quebecois

idk i might be biased, i played a lot of games with people from france and watched french shows, so i picked up on a few things over the years

her france accent seems really sloppy

well her english sounds pretty much flawless, but all three accents sound quebecer with varying degrees of intensity. Not bad, actually cute, but no one in metropolitan France has that accent