$20,000 worth of BTC

So I have a bit of a story for you guys.

In 2013 when bitcoins dripped to around sub-$100 USD per coin, I bought about 20 bitcoins because I was buying drugs off the original Silk Road at the time.

I don't remember exactly why, but I wound up never spending them and I decided to keep them sitting them in a wallet and hold them as an investment to see what happens. I knew for certain that bitcoins would increase in value, I recognized fulfilled an important niche in finance as an "untraceable" decentralized currency not issued by any nation. So many people go through great lengths to conceal their true wealth with shell corps and offshore banks, I knew that bitcoin would fit in that world as an additional tool.

In 2014 when bitcoins exploded to $1000 USD per coin, I was blown away. I was EXTREMELY tempted to sell my coins, yet I continued to hold, because I wanted to see where they would go. When btc dropped, I felt like I missed my chance, but I was certain that they would rise again at some point. Now that btc is in the 1000's again, I really wish I could sell my coins.

Here's the problem: Between that time, my girlfriend and I got into a massive spat. Not going into details here, but she wiped my entire harddrive. The wallet address and information to the bitcoin wallet is on an email account that I have. I was a noob at netsec at the time, so my password was some insane long random string of characters that I kept in a notepad file like this: W#$GW$%Hw45vw4th34h98. I know the username to my account, but the password is gone because of what she did.

Be honest with me Sup Forums, am I basically fucked? There's no possible way of recovering the wallet address, right? $20,000+ USD just sitting there.

Is there any way that I can hack back into my email? It has no connections to me or my IP, I made the account over tor.

Sup Forums please help.

Return the wallet tyrone

Sue your girlfriend

Kill your girlfriend.

Use the "forgot my password" feature of the email provider.

Sue her for $20,000

How the fuck did you "gf" manage to do that?

if you havent touched the hd since its been wiped then your good
download recuva and see what you can find

Sue that bitch, or contact your mail service if you have enough proof

Easy: the story is made up

I see a bunch of dollar signs and shit and not a lot of tech.

she went on his pc and reformatted his harddrive because she knows that he likes using his pc ? ? ?? ?

Talk to a lawyer, bring wallet address and as much evidence as possible.
Reset email password? or is it something like cock.li?

>Between that time, my girlfriend and I got into a massive spat. Not going into details here, but she wiped my entire harddrive.
Take her to civil court and sue her for damages. That's one way of getting your money back.

if you haven't used that drive much maybe try recuva on it. Might be able to find the notepad file.

Or don't be so retarded next time

It's actually more For tech support/issues with computers

1) Try to reconstruct the password. Summarize as best you could how did you make up the password. There are guys on bitcointalk who crack encrypted wallet blobs you exported, for a small commision (~1BTC in this case is fair).

- or -

2) Try to recover the hard drive. How exactly was it wiped? Did you use it afterwards?

>that I kept in a notepad file
20k in a notepad file with no backups
sure buddy

Give the wallet back Ivan

I've done stupider shit.

I once deleted a GPG key because I didn't think I had any use for it. Turns out I was using that for kwallet.

Lost my backup and shit because of that, but luckily I didn't actually lose anything but the WiFi passwords I had stored, so all I had to do was make a new backup.

Humans are stupid, user.

>she wiped my hard drive
nigger send me the drive.

Send your drive to a data recovery lab. Pay the $800 or whatever to have it done.
As long as she isn't a CIA nigger and the drive hasn't been touched since, the data is still there.

Wiping means overwriting it with random data you retard, not just erasing everything.

Either way op story sounds horseshit.

>implying OP knows what wiping means
Who's the retard? (You)

Most of the story is plausible and happens all the time, only the le evil gf sounds iffy (first of all, a ne/g/ro with a gf? right.). Most likely he accidentaly the disk because of being retard and now realized he had the passphrase on there.

Something similar happened to me. Can still login to btc-e.com but can't get my 35€ worth of coins back because I lost my gmail password. Gmail password recovery doesn't work either, because I just used it as a throwaway account at the time. btc-e won't help me either.

At least it wasn't $20,000 haha.

I find it unlikely that "she" managed to reformat his hard drive considering most females don't know how to use their own phones.

>I was assuming what other people meant based on what I guess they do or do not know, and basically you're retarded pal

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH You're so fucking stupid. I know you're trying to make a comeback because you want to save face for not knowing the meaning of "wipe", but you're just so fucking stupid that it's noticeable even over the Internet.

This could be an option.
20 BTC at $1,000/BTC, you could sue her for $2,000 under "Destruction of Property".

Sue her to give back either 20 BTC or the same amount in market value.

If it was worth $20k why didn't you have a back up?

There is just no proof you retards. This would never work.

Summon one of Trump's lawyers. They're enough evidence

Unless he had stored the hashes and the online receipt.

>females
m'lady

fuck off cuck

You realize not only has it been a known fact Obama applied for multiple FISA warrants on trump the whole time "he provided now evidence" but a senator just came out today and said "yeah Obama came to my committee and they did spy on Trump."

this

I'm sure this can be verified...

Not that guy but have a look on They said he wasn't the target just everyone connected to his campaign and he just so happened to "incidentally" get caught in the spy net.

If it's an HDD and not an SDD then there's hope it's still on one of the platters, send it to a data recovery service

>cuck
tripcode and Sup Forumstard, go back to your containment board, faggot

prob the best option is to try and recover the harddrive

>send it to a data recovery service
If there really is 20BTC don't risk doing it yourself and go to a professional like user said.

>but have a look on I'm sure there are a lot of half-truths and endless suppositions.

Go back to r/BernieSanders where you belong

Well why don't you look into it then and come to your own conclusion instead of looking like a silly goose.

Not him but it's the human language user. If you asked what wiping meant to most people they would say deleting everything on the drive. I didn't know that's what it meant either although I don't know what overwrite would be called.

>she wiped my entire harddrive
by "wiped" you mean write several times on HDD ? there is a linux tools to recover all data from hdd try testdisk

It will read on the disk and get data back on an other one. This mean you need an higher storage.

they were questioning the director of the FBI at the time, why didn't they ask him then? there isn't any proof -yet- that there were wiretaps.

this is why women should never go out from the kitchen

>Fox consultant says inanity
>Trump tweets inanity
>FBI director says aforementioned tweet is indeed an inanity
>Trumps says he's not the one who pulled out of thin air said inanity, directs to Fox
>Fox fires the consultant who originally said the inanity

And you're telling me this STILL gets traction on Sup Forums ?
Maybe they are really putting chemicals in tap water, Jesus.

Here is what you do OP:
Download Recuva and try to find that text file with the password or your bitcoin wallet.
If you can't find it you're fucked.

this is a 22,000 $ fist

You can't sue over bitcoins. They aren't protected under federal law.

Value of data is value of data.

Can Bitcoins be considered "Intellectual Property"?

Is information in general protected?

HOLY SHIT dude

You should keep your """activities""" on your Chanbox and NEVER on your Chadbox.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING MAN?

>OH YEAH MAN I'LL JUST GIVE THE VAGINAL JEW ACCESS TO ALL MY SHIT MAN WHAT COULD GO WRONG NOTHING TO HIDE EL OH ELLLLL

I'm pissed on your behalf.

You stupid mother fucker.

just recover from your backup silly