Everyone—except tech workers—knows that tech workers are mostly white men

>A survey shows most Silicon Valley employees are happy with the diversity—or lack thereof—of an industry made up of less than 5 percent blacks and Latinos. Twenty percent of survey respondents said they didn’t think there was an issue because “we’re a meritocracy”.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-03-22/everyone-knows-tech-workers-are-mostly-white-men-except-tech-workers

Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/insights/survey/2017
bbc.com/news/business-22621829
youtube.com/watch?v=vzmbW4ueGdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not their fault black people are fucking stupid

Google and Microsoft have pajeets for CEOs to appease this diversity bullshit instead of a more deserving white guy.

I don't really care about diversity but FFS just once hire a PHP dev that doesn't fuck things up.
Now that would be diverse.

because nobody actually likes working with minorities?

Why people can't understand this is beyond me, just hire the best person for the job, fuck, race, gender, faggotry, none of that matters beyond whether a candidate will fit in with the culture

>be hiring junior dev
>forced to take entirely unsuitable candidate by hr to fill diversity quota
>new hire cannot complete tasks set before them, does not get the company culture, does not buy into the vision and values, does not get on with the rest of the team
>either fired or left to rot in some basement
>this is somehow preferable to just hiring the best person for the job

Of course they don't need a boost in diversity, because the very idea is retarded. Why in the fuck would you go out of your way to meet a diversity quota? Just hire whoever is best for the job. Fucking christ. Who ever thought that the basic idea of meritocracy would one day become so outlandish.

>That retarded title
This doesn't show they don't "know" they're mostly white men. It shows they don't see any issue with that.

Liberal logic:
>I don't like something
>I can't comprehend anyone disagreeing
>If you disagree it's because you lack information
>I'm always right so it's impossible someone with the same information has a different conclusion

Rephrasing the article's title to show the subtext:
>White men are a problem in the tech industry, but for some reason white men in the tech industry don't want to help me eliminate them. This confuses me because I project my self hatred.

God, articles like this drive me insane. Anyone who writes about statistics should be required to take a class in statistics.

Everyone knows women are a tiny minority in tech. But they also disproportionally don't choose to enter tech majors. So, assuming the distribution of skill is the same for men and women, companies can't hire an equal portion of men and women without dipping into the less qualified women, simply because there is such a small pool of qualified women compared to the huge pool of qualified men.

Ie, it can both be a pure meritocracy (not that it is) and still have barely any women.

What would be more convincing is if the average woman seeking a programming job is much less likely to be hired than the average man. That's at least actionable, and worthy of study. If I had to guess, though, I'd guess that the average woman seeking a programming job is far more likely to be hired than the average man.

Without the real data, though, no one will know.

>faggotry
I don't want to work with fags.

You don't get to choose, faggot, I'm doing the hiring so I do the choosing

This. I seriously don't understand the meme of forcing everything to be a perfect balance of males/females or whatever.

This too. The "problem" is that women don't care about tech stuff, they are not interested in studying CS and they don't give a fuck about programming, but feminists and cucks want us to believe that the problem is that cis white males actively prevent women from getting into tech jobs, kek.

>tech workers are mostly white men

Except they are niggers, they don't even know what a random number is.

Tech companies (in SoCal) are incredibly diverse with Asians spanning from 10+ countries. Both genders.
My department conferences look like UN meetings. Whites are a minority.

This article is total shit.

Meanwhile, our marketing departments are mostly made up of white men & women...and for good reason.

We have so many Asians, from both East and South.

And how the fuck are you supposed to increase the "diversity" in sexual orientation anyway? Ask them if they're gay during an interview?

>vision
>company culture
For a moment, I thought this post was serious.

Check out the stack overflow 2017 survey published this week.
Most programmers are white and male.
Even webdevs.

>more deserving white guy.

This is also appeasement you stupid fuck. Why is the "white guy" "more deserving"?

Why aren't there more male nurses?

>insist that you need more women and minorities to increase "diversity"
>actively fight for a less diverse workforce by hiring for "cultural fit"

>more deserving white guy
LOL
>white
>deserving
come back when white people work even 10% as hard as pajeets for the same amount of pay

Why isn't there an option to say there is already too much diversity as it is? What kind of biased ass fuck questionair only live answers that only give options for neutral and the side that fit their shitty agenda?

Also diversity isn't something that is inherently positive so you can't say that diversity needs improvements.

Because they're called doctors

Here you are, lazy fags:
> 74% white
> 88% male
> whires have the greatest proportion of embedded, desktop and statistics-mathematics related jobs.
> whites more experienced in average (1-2years)

>pajeets
>working hard
copy paste code and being a literal street shitting monkey that does repetition fast isn't "working hard"

You all are the reason why jobs will become automated. More deserving white guys because mommy and daddy gave me everything in life for me and told me I was a special snowflake so I'm more deserving of special treatment whenever I shit out some productivity when I'm felating my fragile ego of being a beta numale that fucks a fleshlight everynight and angry that Jamal and Pajeet have wives and children.

This SJW shit needs to stop. Here's a counterexample to the bloomberg article no one talks about but should.

The world no one talks about

> over 70% of the NFL is black
"But how can that be? Shouldn't there be more latinos and asians represented?"

> No -NFL hires only the best athletes for the job
"Oh, well then that makes sense"

The world we live in

> the tech industry is dominated by white males and asians
"How come there aren't more women and minorities represented?"

> we hire based on skills, determination, and if the candidate is a "fit" to our organization
"You're are misogynist and racist to women and minorities. I bet you even voted for trump. Bigots!!!"

I was literally the only white person at job interview at large tech company.

stackoverflow.com/insights/survey/2017

harder than you've ever worked

This is fucking retarded. Slavs count as whites. Slavs are clearly not white
Neither are poles.

The only problem here is that statistics expose (((their))) narrative of every race and gender being equals.
Which is bullshit.
(((Google))) and (((((((((Facebook))))))))) will rather hire suboptimal candidates to show NWOness than accept the reality.

How comes they are not white, you mongrel? Have you ever seen a slav?
Programmers from ex-communist countries are very appreciated in Europe because they are well educated in maths and science.

They're niggers born the wrong color.

>5 percent blacks and Latinos
Too many

in case you EVER had a fucking doubt, article is by
> (((Dina Bass)))

How do you "improve" sexual orientation in a company?

Somebody should ask her about multiculturalism in israel

Inject estrogen on men until they become homos/trannies

Already being done via tap water and meat.

Wouldn't insisting that the sentiment of diversity needing to exist for diversity's sake is, itself, a bigoted view point?

What about the Normie issue?
There are way too many Normies in IT companies nowadays

>demographics separate "white or of european decent" from "hispanics or latinos"

Where in the fuck exactly did all those Spanish speaking, latin-people descend from? Some magical version of Spain that exists outside of Europe?

>mfw black guy in tech

All I have to do is put down that I'm in a minority group on my CV and government jobs drop like candy

They're different since they mixed with the natives.

this.
If a latino tells you he is white (european decent) there's 5% chance that he is telling the truth (Some exclusive germanic and italian tribes existis in latin america).

t. latino

> question imblies boosting diversity = "improvement"
> no option for "need less diversity"/"we already had enough shoved down out throats, thanks"

I already knew, but it still makes me sad to see the proof. These people really must just have a collective cultural bias against normal, non-disadvantaged white men with tradition values. I can't imagine what they hope to accomplish by importing millions of lazy and corrupt beaners and murderous sandniggers though.

If you ever move up past middle management you will understand

>tech workers are mostly white men

Are Asians and Desi white now?

I've worked with an autistic guy. I had to bring him up to speed on the VMs and networks I deployed. He kept on insisting he could re-do the VMs and networks better. Dipshit never listened, never warned or asked anyone when he was modifying configs. He also had no idea how to use a bash shell and installed a windows server vm so he could struggle to set up an FTP server that we didn't need. He went to college, so he likely made more than me. Argumentative short fused numbskull. Normies are better.

>We need to improve your sexual orientation
How do you "improve" a sexual orientation? Does that mean that the author of that article feels that some sexual orientations are superior, and some are inferior?

>Oh, and we do not care about counting Asians
Does this apply to race as well? Do we need to "improve" on Asians, since Asians do not count? Does the author feel that some races are superior, and some are inferior? I live in SEA... maybe I should show this article to my Asian colleagues, to see if they like being treated as non-existent.

bbc.com/news/business-22621829
>German software company SAP says it hopes to recruit hundreds of people with autism, saying they have a unique talent for information technology.

I must agree on two points though, I cannot respect anyone who uses FTP or Microsoft Windows, unironically, either.

>people are saying their firm needs a boost in diversity of sexual orientation
>gay people are 2% of society
>somehow these people know the sexual orientation of hundreds of people in their fim

More like 5% and it's 7+ for age 18-35.

Diversity for the sake of diversity is Jewish propaganda bullshit

Do people get less gay over time or something?

knowing the sexual orientations of 20 people at your workplace seems a little strange.

Diversity is just code for less White people

You can learn Spanish regardless of race, you nigger.

Ayy beaners be 3rd after asians

Uhh.. it's the 21st century, grandpa

The only thing people discuss today is what sexuality and gender they feel like today and how blacks are suffering because of white, cis males.

Uhh... I can't even...

I do not think it is the case that they are unaware that the industry is mostly white men. The question they were asked wasn't whether the industry was full of white men, but rather, whether they felt the amount of diversity in the industry was sufficient. It could be 100% white men, and they might still give it a passing grade.

The conclusion that should be taken out of this isn't that the industry is unaware of its lack of diversity, but rather, that it doesn't give a damn.

No. It means that 50% of people don't see the reason to increase blacks and women in the workplace for no reason

And THATS TOO MUCH. SYSTEMIC OPPRESSION

Every single one of those is a thing you aren't even allowed to ask about in an interview. Are they fucking high?

Do people put their gender and sexual orientation on resumes now?

I'M TIRED OF WHITE MEN MAKING COMPUTERS AND COMPUTER ACCESSORIES AND NOT WANTING TO BE REPLACED BY BROWN PEOPLE

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pretty much this my boss told me on the first day i worked here

"We will try stay white as a company we don't need people who are stinky and don't understand office culture"

He's pretty based.

That's more or less exactly what I said.

I don't give a fuck who I work with as long as they fit two criteria:

1) they get the job done in a timely manner, hopefully its quality work
2) they aren't a total shitwipe.

If you're in risk to be replaced by brown people then you might just be shit at your job

>White men don't want to give jobs to people who are less suited than them because diversity quotas
>This needs to be fixed asap

reminds me how the airbnb founder gave a speach about startups and was like

>you need a strong unification, little to no diveristy

>eeahh I mean little diversity of corporate culture, you want of course many blacks and LBGT

worker diversity is a weakness, everyone knows it. can't for the mainstream to accept it.

>Why people can't understand this is beyond me, just hire the best person for the job, fuck, race, gender, faggotry, none of that matters beyond whether a candidate will fit in with the culture

studies show that people discrimate based on name and place of origin. a mohammed tyrone beaner has a lesser chance of getting hired than Adam Smith even with indentical resumes. thats because people are humans and humans are tribal. The redpill is to realize that its always (the next 500years) will be like that unless DNA engineering. thats why indentity politics matter and as a white person you should hire whites more preferably (of course within limits).

Autists are useful for software testing but not for much else

Underrated

I fit ain't black, you ain't diverse

Sure smells like Sup Forums in here

How many of you actually work in tech and how many of you are just political agitators who need to go back to their containment board?

Sup Forums is so edgy and cool man you should get onboard

The whole article is Sup Forums bait, so to speak.

It speaks about need for diversity, but ignores the already very diverse racial group of people in tech fields. The asians. The Chinese. The Indians. The Japanese. The Koreans. Both men and women.

The problem isn't diversity as the article would like you to believe, its asking for political representation gesture of certain American minorities. Blacks/Latinos.

>Everyone—except tech workers—knows that tech workers are mostly white men
>please ignore the massive amount of gooks and curries that work in tech

>lesser chance of getting hired than Adam Smith
bad example.

>Mohammed Tyrone beamer has a lesser chance of getting hired than a white dude with an identical resume
Unless they were applying for a job stealing bikes this is hardly compelling evidence for institutionalized racism

Because tech is actually diverse as fuck. We got people from all parts of the world, we got people from europe, china, india, south america. Huge number of different cultures working together. Ah but it doesn't count because no black and latino.

>When the programming kicks in

Interviewed 2 black people for an entry level helpdesk job, first guy slouched in hit chair, pants sagging, misused common phrases like "wifi" other guy was very professional and knew his stuff, interviewed very well and I hired him. HR called me next day saying he failed his drug test... (Then I hired a female, she worked for about a week before I realized she just had a made up resume, guess she worked with like 20 guys before and they just carried her to have a chick at the job)

So this means that the companies don't really buy into the diversity shit and only use it for marketing purposes.

>south america
>not latino

Pretty sure that's considered a discriminatory hiring practice.

There is something to be said about 'diversity = blacks'. Worked at a 30 and currently working at a six person company, the former was with me included 17% hispanic, we had two Iranians, and in what seems below average only two East Asians (I heard there was an Indian before my time who didn't last). At my current company it was 1:1:1 white:hispanic:asian until one guy got a job at a university and so now it is 3:2:1 asian:white:hispanic. The former company had a single non-secretarial woman during my tenure though. The latter had an Asian woman before she got a university post.

South America-fag here. US-born Latinos who won't shut up about Raza are about as irritating as garden variety yuppie whites and rednecks and have gone so far as to question my own 'latinoness' because I don't blame the US for every single malady south of Texas.

This so stupid i'll never understand the point of people wanting "improvements" in diversity. It really doesnt matter. You've got a startup full of white men, big deal, you've got one full of white women, big deal. Nobody should care, just hire competent people to do a competent job.

Like seriously wtf is up with the "sexual orientation" poll ? People really answers "yeah we need more gay people in our team". That's just plain stupid.

If you pay someone less because of his diversity card then yes there's a problem, but otherwise just fuck off and take the best candidate.

Also i bet in china the teams are in a huge majority populated with asians, this needs some improvement amarite

it's outlandish because it turns out that not all men are created equal - which goes against the bullshit americans have been fed for the past 50 or so years. a black man more likely to be stupid than a white man regardless of culture, education, and status? no waaaay! we need diversity anyways, just ignore it, saying we don't would be acknolwedging what's right in front of us.

unfortunately for a lot white people, if not all races are created equal, it's not a huge leap to say that not all people within a race are created equal, and the memory of what happens after that's accepted is still a vague and distant fear in people's minds. remember, hitler got his idea from america's own attempted eugenics program - which was based on people who seemed to be better and met the criteria for stone-age sexual selection, rather than people who were actually better fit for modern life (because like hell america's going to breed itself into being another asia).

there are way more brown people and affirmative action means it doesn't matter how good you are, you're probably gonna get replaced

>CEO of google is a pajeet
>You still can't admit some pajeets are smart
This is the most pathetic behavior I have ever seen. You can't have your CEO be a "diversity hire" lmao. Is this what you neets seriously believe?

Obviously there are going to be many stupid pajeets that don't know what they're doing, but that's true for any group of people.

>You can't have your CEO be a "diversity hire" lmao. Is this what you neets seriously believe?

>implying Sergey and Larry aren't still running Google from the shadows

There are plenty of smart Indians, but they have to come to America to compete as minorities in order to get anywhere.

You know full well that Indian consultancy companies like Tata are a fucking joke.

This whole diversity thing is bullshit.
No company hires people based off of their race, gender, or sexual orientation. They hire based on ability.

What ends up happening is that there are lots of white and Asian men with stem degrees, so of course the industry will reflect that. What's more, is that this whole "underrepresented women in stem" meme is completely illogical. Feminists will argue that women are just as qualified as men, get paid less, and are still hired less. That's obvious bullshit. If the employer can get employees of the same skill level it currently has and pay them less, then OF COURSE they would go for those new employees. That's why H1B hires are a problem in some companies, because they can get the work done and are cheaper than hiring Americans.

>inb4 muh white privilege
I'm a pakistani-american muslim. I can still recognize most of this is bullshit and just attention seeking behavior by people that can't into jobs.

>It's white America's institutional racism keeping the colored, women and alphabet fags down

Why am I supposed to give a shit about who or what I'm writing with? I might be a bleeding heart liberal, to an extent, but merits and good social skills should be the key to getting hired. I was able to woo a pajeet and a chink into giving me a job, even though the Cuban was a salty asshole that didn't want me there.

#Rekt
youtube.com/watch?v=vzmbW4ueGdg

>just hire the best person for the job
If it was just that.

In the real world it is all about who you know. Have good connections and you are guaranteed to get the job.

Also, studies show that more 'diverse' applicants are often more likely to be accepted/invited to a job interview if name, gender, etc. are left out of the resume.

This desu, the idea that hiring is meritocracy is not based in reality.
I'd prefer blind to affirmative action though.

I believe they did similar with orchestra auditions and found non-blind auditions favored men.

South America has a huge community of asian and european expats/descendants.