Why are all printers shit?

Why are all printers shit?

Because they are not? I have Xerox Phaser 3117, bought in late 00's. Seen me through 5 years of college, printed thousands of pages, still works perfectly. It's just a little noisy.

So you can buy more ink printer bitch.

If you can find them, Canon MF4770n's are the shit.

Got mine for $99 just after they went out of production.

My Brother is over 10 years old and it's only just started jamming once in a while.

You're a retard who buys inkjet printers, clearly.

>9gag
Dude...

yellow tracking dots make them shittier.

Fuck off 9gag, I'm bulletproof.

I was going to make a huge angry post about how non of you understand what printer brand to trust, but I see that you're here. There's no need for me.

All inkjet printers are shit, buy a brother laser printer.

This. Bought a HL2040 at a yard sale for $5 ~8 years ago and it's still kicking today.

I don't print often, but when I do, i really need to. Inkjets hate this, they dry up and clog and shit. Buying a laser printer was probably one of my best tech purchases ever.

enjoy your paper curl

>My Brother is over 10 years old and it's only just started jamming once in a while.
It's totally normal for him to want to jam his dick into things at that age.

same here

my family and I got old HP and Brother laserprinters, they just work

Brother laser printers a great.

Also, old pre-2000 HP lasers are great and last forever with care.

This, inkjets are trash.

Different standards, and shitty drivers.

>laser printer
What do you do about toner? Color printing? Lung cancer?

Had my HP PSC 2210 for almost 15 years and its still going strong.
They don't make printers like they used to.

>Why are all printers shit?
Lots of small moving parts
Lots of small cheap moving parts
User abuse

>all inkjet printers
FTFY

Seriously, the whole business of inkjet printers is based upon selling you shitloads of overpriced ink cartridges that won't last half their nominal capacity.

Get a serious laser printer, like a Brother: initial costs will be higher, especially if you want to buy something fancy like I did (pic related), but it will always work flawlessly, and on the very long run it will be even cheaper.

Old laser printers are really good if you take good care of them.
I especially recommend old Lexmarks.

What printer does Sup Forums recommends?

I stopped buying inkjet printers 15 years ago. Waste of money and the cartridges dry out if you don't use them enough.

Currently use a Samsung ML2525W laser printer. Best printer I've ever owned. The firmware is hacked so I can refill the toner cartridge. I usually get two refills before it starts to streak.

Went with Samshit instead of Brother because I do toner transfer PCB etching and Brother toner doesn't work well for some reason.

Lasers printers are superior

Stop falling for the inkjet meme and buy a monochrome laser printer, it will be the best decision of your life.

Inkjet are fucking bullshit two years ago i bought a laser one for my parents because that piece of shit epson printer died, i paid the thing around 120€ and so far they had to change the toner once compared to being jewed out of 40€ every two months.
>muh color pictures
Library you mong, it's cheaper.

jams, ordering toner, drivers, sharing...
My first IT boss said printers were the biggest pain in IT (next to users) and he was right.

That might have been funny if Brother wasn't capitalized.

I have an HL-2070N, the big brother to yours.

Why does every fucking printer have to use their own special type of ink cartridge?

>Ink

Spotted the pleb.

Yeah, I guess but at my old job I had to deal with a bunch of donated electronics and I had to clean them up and stuff and people donated printers everyday and I swear every single printer that was donated had it's very own type of cartridge

>What do you do about toner?
Get it refilled at a place that does it professionally, fancy toner vacuum and all, or buy OEM if it's cheap enough
>Color printing?
Go to a printshop or arts college. There is nearly no use for color that doesn't justify spending the extra money for a great looking print
>Lung cancer?
Literally not a thing