Speccy thread

Speccy thread.

also
>post your speccy
>are you a virgin

what are the point of these threads, again?

having strangers acknowledging your existence is better than no one

>are you a virgin
No.

Is building your own desktop and using an Apple laptop the ultimate redpill?

What do you need 10 TB of storage for?

Video editing raws, movies, TV, and chinese cartoons.

get on my levels nigs

Non-existent level?

>tfw when too intelligent to post specs

Thinking of grabbing some WD Reds and setting up a home nas, got a HD dock now and just swap drives when I need certain files but the weight of my data is making that hard and harder.

I remember back in late 2009 when I finally upgraded from my 939 system (Opteron 175 running 3.2ghz on water) to am2+, I went with a athlon II x2 250.

I overclocked it to 3.8ghz, but man was I dissapointed. It didn't stand a chance running newer games with good fps.
So I got a phenom II x4 965 and overclocked it to 4.1ghz which was pretty good and did everything I needed.

Then I took a trip to my old town to visit family and didnt bother taking the x4 965 rig with me, but of course very soon I needed a pc.

So I bought a p45 mobo and a e7500 dualcore used locally for pretty cheap (early 2010), overclocked it to 4ghz on air..
And it fucking demolished my x4 965 in pretty much everything. ON AIR. A DUAL CORE.

Thats when I realized AMD was fucked.

When I got home I sold my Phenom II setup, and got a P6T SE and a i7 920 that did 4.4ghz.

Have been running Intel ever since.

Now finally with Zen, I'm gonna give AMD another chance.

How long before I need an upgrade?

Depends on what you are doing.. If you want to play heavy multiplayer games, its on its last leg right now. But then you could just get a i7 for 1155, no idea what chipset your dell have but if it is z68 or z77 you could get a 2600k or 3770k and overclock it.
Even if you dont overclock, a i7 2600k will last you for years.

If you do heavy rendering and other cpu intensive tasks on programs that utilize multithreading, you'll get a good performance boost in getting a ryzen 8core or something. They are very reasonable priced.

My Dell board cannot OC at all, like zero. I don't really play any crazy intensive games, or do anything that requires a lot of CPU. Rarely I'll play a game like Fallout or something though.
Dunno how much of a performance increase I would get from a 3770 or 3770K. Probably not worth the price.

>939
Fuck that socket
I got suckered into buying a 4400+ and then they discontinued the fucking thing.

If you're fine, then you're fine. No need to upgrade if you don't have a use for more power. I actually have a i5 3470 in my guest pc, found it in a Hp pc that was thrown out at my old workplace. Threw a gtx770 and a new psu in it, and it runs most shit pretty good.

I loved socket 939 actually. originally I got a 4400+ in 2005 aswell, then later the Opteron 175. Really fun to overclock, and good enough performance 'til about 2008. I was dirt poor, so didn't get to upgrade until 2009 as I mentioned.

When did you get the 939 system, and what did you upgrade from?

Because am2, the socket that came after 939 was really a scam. It was basicly just 939 with ddr2 memory for a long time, until Phenom came around. But the first Phenom line fucking sucked, oc'd like shit and was riddled with problems. Wasn't until Phenom II things got better, but it was too late by then. Intel was pretty much raping them at that point.

The 3470 is still a very capable CPU, and honestly Intel hasn't improved much.

There are zero point in these threads

I want to see your battlestation and your guts

my logical next steps in my mind are a 1070 and more RAM because why not

is this correct?

Definitely.

bought it on late 2013, and its literally a ps4, costed like a ps4 back then, runs like a ps4 and will keep running like a ps4 until ps4 gets discontinued

thank you, user

fuck speccy

what should i download?

144hz monitors change lives

Agreed.

240hz 4k proof of concept

Human eye can't distinguish refresh rate past 24hz.

Not dissing yo shit op. but seriously invest $6 on ebay for a Windows 7 pro key and upgrade your computer to windows 10 pro. (you can use the windows 7 pro key in windows store to upgrade)

Just pirate it

It's okay, it's an integer multiple of 24.

Thanks man, no Cortana here I come

penis inspection day, windows edition

Windows 10 Pro
Put a little overclock on her too.

>ryzen
>made by indians
>logo is literally a poo smear

>windows 10

what should I upgrade? haven't installed my 1tb hdd yet