Why do people keep falling for ransomware and why are they mostly American?

Why do people keep falling for ransomware and why are they mostly American?

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mmpc/2017/02/14/ransomware-2016-threat-landscape-review/

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mmpc/2017/03/15/ransomware-operators-are-hiding-malware-deeper-in-installer-packages/

>american standard of living is so high that literally everyone and their grandmother has 10+ devices that can browse the internet

>american education is so poor that they manage to constantly infect themselves with more than STDs from Tyrone

Stupid people get ransomware.
Americans are stupid.
So Americans get ransomware.

As an American I can confirm this

as a non-american i would like to assert that maybe it is because americans are targetted more

Because they are the wealthiest nation in the world and more likely to pay.
There's no point in targeting spics or chinks when statistically speaking they are much more likely to not have the money to pay

You hunt where the ducks are.

>imagine being this european
i feel bad for you i really do

t. 52%

As an American people here just don't fucking care. They download whatever without thinking. Just load up an antivirus and pretend it's a diamond shield. Something goes wrong they just toss it aside and either complain that they got hacked or know someone techy to fix it . Same thing with cars.
They just don't fucking care.

Ameri burgers are stupid fucks what do you expect

Americans are fucking subhuman retards.

>americans so bogged down by ransomware they can't even reply.

But we muriclappers have the GDP to pay the ransoms.

Checkmate yuropoors.

Being an IT trenches worker, and doing some research, some ransomware campaigns are focused in some geographical areas.

You could also infer that in that period of time some particular strains of ransomware focused in the US. BTW 2016 was election year.

Stupid / computer illiterate people exists everywhere, from the lowest of the blue collars to the top execs.

>italy

t. third worlders

Burgers are great targets for fraud.

Americans are dumb people. Whys is that a news?

Burgers are a golden combination of rich and stupid

> t. third worlders

Being neutral is pretty nice

1st world NATO a shit
2nd world Warsaw Pact a shit

The same (exact) reason most viruses target Windows.

this isn't adjusted for population so it's basically a map showing how many there are computer users. and yeah amerikeks are retarded but this isn't the primary role

agreed
1 up for Switzerland
greatest country in the world

Actually I'm pretty sure wealthy eu countries, such as Switzerland or Norway have much higher average living standards and probably salary, than us.

A friend to all is a friend to none

A diamond shield would shatter quite easily. Don't make stupid analogies.

Our country voted to make Cheeto Hitler president. That in itself should tell you Americans are absolutely fucking braindead.

u must be fun at parties

>the moon isn't a star
Your American computer has been infected for no reason.

>A diamond shield would shatter quite easily.
So his analogy works then?

Brainwashed

>American calling someone else third worlders

Seems likely that many ransomware developers would target americans specifically, and that this leads to a larger portion of infected computers ending up belonging to americans as a result.

I think he means brain-dead. As in, they literally cannot think.

>15% of global encounters were in America

is there any data on what operating systems are still used in America? I bet a lot of the non tech-literate americans are still on XP, which makes the job of anyone creating the ransomware just that much easier.

You lost the election. Stop whining on the technology board and take your stupid blubbering shit to your blog.

boomers

Windows

>map of absolute numbers
KYS yourself.