Technology is Cancer

Phone cameras killed Kodak and 145000 middle class jobs.

Amazon killed 1200 Borders stores.

Netflix destroyed Blockbuster killing 60000 jobs.

>tl;dr
>technology is bad

That's why we need universal basic income.

Start mailing bombs or something,then.

All blockbuster had to do was buy Netflix.

Are you truly defending their shitty business choices?

>Kodak
Literally who?
>border stores
Literally what?

>Install Gentoo
>gtfo of Sup Forums
Choose one.

>19 years old
are you kiddin me

THIS.

Chinese and Mexicans didn't steal the jobs, they disappeared due to technology.

Cars killed so many horse-and-buggy related jobs. We should ban cars. Cars are cancer.

top kek

Then he says "That's why we need universal basic income"

get this harpy of forsaken breasts away from me

t. Luddite

>Phone cameras killed Kodak

Wrong, they dug their own grave by not continuing the work on their digital camera in fear of it killing off sales on their films, when digital cameras came to the market they slowly died out

Who is this dom trom

>Cars killed so many horse-and-buggy related jobs

Not true at all.

You mean that those companies failed to adapt.

and yet using torrents is a crime

>CIA is now watching this thread

The examples you just gave are pathetic. >Companies too comfy in their position to innovate got owned by other companies that offered something new / better / easier / cheaper to the consumer
What a surprise!

b-but we need to protect them! trump said so! muh china

If (you->takeUniversalIncome())
{
you->areNotAllowedToReproduce();
}

///
/// rest of your life here
///

delete you;

/// kthxbai

are those tits bofero of after reduction?

sexy as fuck, at least in this pic with scars covered

She had a breast reduction too. God, if she didn't. Imagine.

After

No moron. Trump doesn't give a shit about minimum wage cuck jobs like blockbuster teller and shit like that. He cares about well/over paid union workers.

Video killed the radio star.

manufacturing dumbfuck. he makes a huge deal about how we don't make anything anymore and he wants to implement protectionist policies to bring those jobs back. or did he change his mind?

Machines will take the manufacturing jobs, not people. In Finland we already have a universal basic income because it's impossible to employ everyone in a high tech society.

That syntax gave me cancer.

I think not being allowed to hold public office or vote for until 15 years after you are off basic income would be good enough.

Take your polymorphic dick objects and stick them up your ass m8. OO code is cancer

tell this to trump supports that expected steel mill jobs back. they dont understand that this is the basic of our technological advancements. sooner or later manual labour will be done by machines, while we do the thinking jobs.

after that we might even replace the thinking jobs with machines as well, at that stage we are DOOOOOOOOOOOMED

>sooner or later manual labour will be done by machines
You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about, because this manual labor has already been replaced by machines a long, long time ago.
If you actually worked a machinist's job or had anything to do with heavy equipment, you would know that anything man-made is prone to failure, that more moving parts means more maintenance, and that the singularity is just like the holocaust: a hoax.

I agree, we will get to a point where there are practically no jobs due to automation. I don't see why we still have to pay if no one is working and if we have to pay but there are no jobs then give me money.

We shouldn't blame technology for replacing jobs. We should be happy to have to do less work. We should blame the capitalist system that turns us not having to do work anymore we had to do before into a bad thing, and the people perpetuating that system.

Muh obsolete jobs, muh broken windows economy.

>Phone cameras killed Kodak and 145000 middle class jobs.

your a fucking idiot.

>Nikon and Canon killed Kodak.

>poor selection and slow service killed borders

>the cutback of physical digital killed blockbuster

>haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about, because this manual labor has already been replaced by machines a long, long time ago.

yes tell me more about robotic lumpers and stockers

>You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about, because this manual labor has already been replaced by machines a long, long time ago.

holy shit, this post gave me cancer...

>When I worked at Harley Davidson
>before getting terminated because my car was stolen,
>me working 3rd shift,
>didn't get any sleep all day because I was worried sick,
>got car back 45 min before shift started shift started at 1030pm,
>up for over 36 hours,
>took break ay 230 am, half hour break,
>went to car,
> fell asleep while trying to set my alarm on phone,
>woke up at 430am,
>terminated 3 months later,
>had security footage zoomed in on my car in HDef of me holding my phone passed the fuck out,
>then running inside.
> awesome job, asshole Salary fucktards who enjoyed firing as many people as possible and would place bets on who could fire the most people every week....every fucking week.

>Another good point to make is employees would operate 2 to 3 CNC machining centers at a time. CNC lathes too. Now 1 person operates the robot that operates up to 6 to 10 CNC machines. Now the robot operator just has to make sure the robot doesn't malfunction and perform preventive maintenance checks like the hydraulic oil level at the beginning of the shift. It is long and boring watching a fucking robot do work more efficient than human. Sad its all about making more money for the company and not the company making the employees QoF the best they can while making a profit for themselves

While tech is definitely part of the picture, the job loss also comes from people who earn money without doing any real work and producing nothing of value (I'm talking about Wall St)

I'm more of a chartist though.

Is this already a meme image because I'm going to use it to all my friends?

Kodak still exists, what are you talking about?

Not going to happen. The elites would rather create division and fund the alt-right psyops designed to kill off minorities and invent new enemies from minorities' violent acts due to desperation.

I thought you were talking about blockbuster and kodak clerks. Cause, yeah. That's an actually useless job.

Investment bankers do a shitload of work, namely supporting the development of companies that appear to be worth supporting.

Apple wouldn't have made the mac without investors. Without the mac, no home pc, without home pcs, no shitposting. QED, your life depends on historical investments.

He was talking about film development shops.

Fire 1 million people

hi cia u suck also ur mom LOL

Why do you think these companies deserved to stay in business? They were all in a financial position to adapt with the times. Borders and Blockbuster ate smaller companies alive. Don't shed tears for them.

See, Automation will replace nearly all jobs and people won't have a way to earn income. The government will have to provide universal basic income in order to have people to govern. There will be a glass ceiling between the people that own/facilitate the automation and everyone else that no one will be able to pass.

People will have a daily obligation to complete a Captcha quota but otherwise live as they please.

Kek. If you think these recent years were bad, just wait till machine learning algorithms starts decimating a big chunk of lower and middleclass jobs. Face it, if you have an IQ below 120, you'll practically useless to the economy within a few decades. Plebs BTFO. This upcoming years will be comfy for the trustfund neets

>I don't know how to use vs doc

Yes it is. If you needed any idea of what technology means for the future you should watch black mirror. There is absolutely no reason that any of those could never come true and it's really eye opening to see humanity operating in those futures. Specifically the episode about rating people (you don't think in the very near future social media won't be a part of an employment background check? Already is), and the American Idol episode (speaking of what we will do for income in the future)

Yeah and robots will replace the vast majority of jobs in the future. A post-scarcity society is coming and you will eventually have barely any jobs left on earth. Civilization always changes.

Bernie browses g.... Pathetic

Get in the helicopter

How old is that chart? Cause Taxi drivers will be 100% taken over by robots. Humans won't even be allowed to drive manually in the future unless you're in the military or can afford the skyrocketing insurance costs for being a severe risk on the road.

There is no proof that technology always leads to a net loss of a jobs. Industry revolution killing Agriculture didn't lead to distopia.

If there was a growing net loss of job due to technology. Then the economic system for world population will inevitability change labor to something else.

>The government will have to provide universal basic income in order to have people to govern

Why would they need that?

>Industry revolution killing Agriculture didn't lead to distopia.

Yes it did. Those factories where hell holes and the slums people were forced to live in to work them was just as bad. Not to mention the violence that went with things like the Clearances.

What are people going to do when robots will be able to do everything?

all of OP's things were born of automation the whole point of automation is the removing of manual input, if it didn't there would be no point to automation

But by destroying other companies, they created jobs for others.

Starve to death most likely.

Why would the capital owners bother keeping them alive?

>but i'm an engineer
>i'll be a god in this future

Nope! You'll be a slave wearing a shock collar keeping the owners utopia going.

>less companies with jobs means more jobs

You have to show your working to get full marks.

So that people can afford enough food to have the mental capacity to reach their Captcha quota.

Before there was large box stores. There was small family grocers, butchers, and other Mom & Pop type of stores. Business is just evolving...

They don't need basic income. They would however, have to stop K-12 education and cut off access to the internet. You cannot have an educated poor population, it would create too much chaos.

Because the capital owners aren't outside the reach of the state and the state is ultimately controlled through mob rule?

Exactly. Cut them off and leave them to scratch what they can off the wasteland.

"The State" is a nebulous term. The head of state in a major country is currently a real estate tycoon. There's no reason that the capital owners can't be the state, or that the capital owners wont give privileges to the state (like living in their automated utopia) in order to keep the plebs away, aided by the robot guards and sentry guns.

In this case, there would be a large divide between those in rural areas and those in cities.

You could at least, hopefully farm some of your own crops and what not in a rural area.

Urban and Suburban areas will be riddled with theft, rape, maybe even cannibalism sometimes.

First example in OP
>Phone cameras killed Kodak and 145000 middle class jobs.
There are multiple manufacturers of phones, probably creating more than 145k jobs.

Where are said jobs?

The rural areas will just be raided.

>but muh guns

The raiders have guns too, and the desperation to get the food.

What's the real incentive for the capital holders to crush the majority of the population, though? They can have their little automated utopia even if they have to divert a little bit of their funds to keeping the lives of the plebs liveable.

Those places just transitioned to making prints for people with digital cameras. Film is still produced, even by Kodak.

Why do you think the lives of the plebs will matter?

Not sure if C++, XML or LOLCODE.

kill yourself, commie

You are talking about a society with no education and a collapsed infrastructure outside of the Rich folk's elite robot factories.

Gasoline goes bad in a year, and diesel will be hard to come by quickly. You won't be able to just run out into the rural area in an hour or two in a car like you can now. It will be a long journey, and when you steal the items from the rural areas you won't be able to just get in a car an leave either. The pissed off farmers may hunt/track you down as well since you are on foot.

Capitalism is bad. Let's go back to the barter system.

Who was more right Stallman or Unabomber

Most of the rich have fortunes that wouldn't exist without the plebs creating demand for their shit, so I suppose they do matter.

Farming killed hunting and gathering and 200,000,000 hunting and gathering jobs

Looks like an unhealthy 35 year old with heavy makeup.

Hahahahahahaha.

That's not how a revolution works at all, Kulak.

There weren't two hundred million people on the planet when agriculture was in its earliest stage.

This is a bad argument for a multitude of reasons.

t. Monsanto

And she's a dirty slut. I don't mind women that smoke but, that cigar is so unattractive.

"You're not a bad bitch because you can fit 3 flesh flavored ones in your mouth / pussy"

>sleep through shift in car
>get fired
>fucking upper management

and this why nobody takes you fags seriously

The entire point of technology is for tools/machines/computers to do work instead of humans.

Technology by definition eliminates jobs. That's the point.

Society should ultimately reach the point where most people don't work because they can't do anything better than the machines.

This, yahoo was going to buy Google at one point but was too cheap
Now they got fucked over by a women ceo and are owned by verizon

>kodak
>literally who?

are you even old enough to post here? And even though you probably dont remember, netflix wasn't anything like it is today when it first came out, they started off mailing movies to your house and their thing was there was no late fees, but to get more you had to send the original movies back. Blockbuster did just fine competing with it then.

Then when DSL internet was kind of on the way out and it wasn't uncommon to have a 5mb line, netflix started doing its online streaming thing and at that point it was way too late for blockbuster to buy them. They could have offered them a billion dollars and they would have said no, since they knew they struck gold. Hindsight is always 20/20, but netflix was mostly in the right place at the right time.

>dietitians
>.4%

IMFUCKINGPLYING

any asshole on this board could probably make a website right now that says "eat less bullshit, eat more vegetables, go for a walk"

What neckbeards think will happen:
>my neetbux will just go up because of the fact that the gdp is rising with less people in the workforce
>we'll get a universal income based off of how much money the machines are making our country

What will actually happen:
>all the money will be funneled up to the top 1% or even top 0.1%
>there will be no middle class, everyone will either be poor or rich, with the overwhelming majority being poor and starving
>we will devolve back to trading of raw goods and services instead of currency, since no one will have money
>crime will be rampant

If you think the corporations/government/etc are just going to be your buddies and give you their money because its fair, you're in for a shock.