DRAM prices expected to rise still in 2017

techpowerup.com/231768/pc-dram-pricing-increased-20-sep-oct-2016-will-continue-rising-in-2017-trendforce

>These increases come as the result of production capacity gradually shifting from PC-centric DRAM towards mobile and server DRAM, which have seen tremendous growths in demand. In fact, PC DRAM memory accounts for less than 20% of overall DRAM production. The already low inventories of branded device makers go hand in hand with higher-than-expected demand for DRAM-carrying products. And this higher demand comes after the PC DRAM market being severely undersupplied in the second half of 2016. The result: an across-the-board price upturn for all types of DRAM.

Yes, after the DRAM shortages they found yet another reason for a price hike. Nothing says "please buy now while the price is high" as much as this.

So what you're saying is normies have ruined it for all of us.

>Samsung, Hynix, and Micron, which TrendForce reports have "opted for co-existence as the best way to maximize their own profitability."

Fuck them

Translation: we're price-fixing all the RAM and there's fuck-all you can do about it

Time to buy some now

Collusion? In my tech industry?

>2017
>we aren't price fixing corporations' profits
śmh fám

Literal price fixing

How is this legal. Aren't there laws specifically against this?

good because I don't buy from them anyway

BUT HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO INSTALL 64GB OF RAM INTO MY GAMING PC

They make the memory chips on your RAM sticks you fucknugget, yes you do buy from them if you buy any RAM.

Thank fuck I maxed out my RAM when I did.

>year 2020

>All SSDs (NVMe, SATA, Optane, QuantX) will be 500% more expensive.

>Even the low-end GPUs in post-Volta and post-Navi era will cost us $500

>Samsung, Hynix, and Micron, which TrendForce reports have "opted for co-existence as the best way to maximize their own profitability." They are, therefore, "turning away from aggressively competing for market share through price reduction and capacity expansion."
This is price fixing plain and simple.

It hurts to live.

isn't price fixing illegal?

>he pays for his RAM
just download more RAM you faggot

Yeah, but it's gonna take like 2 years for the US Gov't to even catch on, and then another 8 years for it to move through the courts.

I guess I will never buy new computer parts then

Well fuck me then.

I bought 8gb of ddr4 with the idea that it would get cheaper by the time I needed to upgrade to 16gb.

I love how electronic shit like ram thats costs fuck all to produce is sold like its fucking gold

What sucks the most is that it's going to take forever for the prices to come back down and who knows when that will start.
We're looking at years and years of expensive as hell RAM.
Best to pull the trigger right the fuck now on all RAM purchases you're planning.

Might not be far from the truth.
RAM kit I bought 4 months ago, is now almost 100% more expensive than what I paid for it.
From 230€ to 431€ in just few short months and still climbing.

b-b-b-b-but r&d costs

FREE MARKET

REE LIBERALS STOP YOU'RE REGULATIONS

200 euro in eurocuck land for RAM just so my Ryzen R5 build won't underperform. Ryzen is cheap and so is RAM.

>mfw I cannot fall for the 64GB meme no matter how hard I try

What's stopping you shit lords from starting your own ram manufacturing plant and undercutting the competition?

So this will affect GPUs as well right?

WHEN YOU DIDN'T FALL FOR THE 32GB RAM MEME