They lined their bodies up and took pictures for us...

They lined their bodies up and took pictures for us. The islamic State pissed off too many people for their group to survive. Daesh deserves to burn and will not avoid the annihilation of its members however it's easy to tell an uninformed farm-hand in the desert that you'd pay them $1500 and give them a passport if they picked up a rifle. Not to defend these zealots and bandits, of course, but that this is the same shit from the past five thousand years of recorded history. Recorded history we simply meme and laugh at and the same trap I'm sure some of us here will fall into before we die.

The only exposure this website really gets is support for the election of trump and maybe a tumblr raid on SJWs no one really cares about. I see this as a place for introspection to reflect on our past but we can't do that if we don't acknowledge that what we consider the most evil thing in existence right now to just be another repetition in the maturing of our civilization.

anyone want to thread with me about how far we've come even through our continued warfare? We may be killing each other more but technically it's statistically less as part of a total population proportion so it must progress, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

lemonde.fr/international/article/2016/04/22/a-l-ecole-de-l-etat-islamique_4907106_3210.html
washingtonpost.com/world/islamic-state-has-killed-many-syrians-but-assads-forces-have-killed-even-more/2015/09/05/b8150d0c-4d85-11e5-80c2-106ea7fb80d4_story.html
ibtimes.com/syrias-civilian-death-toll-number-isis-victims-2015-much-less-assad-regime-inflicted-2242839
vocativ.com/224151/syria-government-assad-kills-more-civilians-than-isis/
ibtimes.com/syrias-civilian-death-toll-islamic-state-group-or-isis-far-smaller-threat-bashar-1775238
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This isn't a pic of Isis I think, they look like Syrian military loyal to bashar; those guys are even worse than Isis.

>Syrian military loyal to bashar; those guys are even worse than Isis.

Now that's a good goy

>those guys are even worse than Isis.

That is a bold claim there guy. Prove it.

They are in terms of number of people killed. Isis didn't kill nearly as much as bashar thugs. Isis is absolutely horrible, but bashar is even worse! He started this whole mess.

If he would have stepped down from power who would have taken over?

>it's easy to tell an uninformed farm-hand in the desert

It's worse than that, they've taken control of the schools and are "educating" the children to make a generations of "new men".

lemonde.fr/international/article/2016/04/22/a-l-ecole-de-l-etat-islamique_4907106_3210.html

For start, bashar started this whole shit. All the groups in Syria including Isis didn't even kill as much as bashar. Last time I read it was like bashar 50% and everyone else 50%. Look it up yourself.

You obviously don't know how this whole problem in Syria started... Go read about it.

Bashar is another Saddam. You should have learnt your lesson about removing "Saddams" by now?

The horrible truth about Syria is, our best interest is that the war drags on forever, acting as a magnet for suicidal and murderous nutjobs from all over the world.
5000 Europeans have "left for Syria"? good riddance, as long as they don't come back.
Bashar is useful in that job.

it seems to be syrian military that killed members of Daesh. I remember when Bashar was completely demonized by the media and his soldiers strapped people to their tanks to avoid being shot at. Now we commend Russia for bombing FSA while at the same time we are giving them weapons and training! Sure we support a part of the rebels that may give back to us in the long run but it's so fractured at this point that it's basically the same choice that we made in the eighties.

washingtonpost.com/world/islamic-state-has-killed-many-syrians-but-assads-forces-have-killed-even-more/2015/09/05/b8150d0c-4d85-11e5-80c2-106ea7fb80d4_story.html

ibtimes.com/syrias-civilian-death-toll-number-isis-victims-2015-much-less-assad-regime-inflicted-2242839

vocativ.com/224151/syria-government-assad-kills-more-civilians-than-isis/

ibtimes.com/syrias-civilian-death-toll-islamic-state-group-or-isis-far-smaller-threat-bashar-1775238

There are other sources as well, too lazy to post.

5000 left Europe while 1m plus refugees entered. Ever since the war stared so many problems happened in Europe. It is in Europe (and the rest of the world)s interest for the war to end in Syria.

No, bashar and his thugs are literally way worse. Isis soldiers are numbered at 10,000~30,000 max I read about 3 years ago. While assad's troops are way more with better weapons, training, etc... They do much more damage.

>It is in Europe (and the rest of the world)s interest for the war to end in Syria.
Not by removing Bashar.
You noticed what happened in Iraq after Saddam, right? or do you STILL think it was a good idea?

>muh it's not le islam
>muh it's le salafism

Lemonde...

>ils apprennent le coran et la vie de mahomet
>m-mais c'est d-des salafistes hein p-pas des vrais musulmans

>Assad can't be part of Syria's future. He has butchered his own people. He has helped create this conflict and this migration crisis. He is one of the great recruiting sergeants for [Isis].
He can't play a part in the future of Syria and that position hasn't changed.

You expect the Syrian people to accept the person who has been killing them for 5 years to be their leader? Not gonna happen.

yeah let's find out who killed the most babies here...
obviously daesh will die but my question is how long will this be dragged out for? If Bashar wins(and if he wins there's no way he stays in a leadership position) then Russia gains more power in the region. If trump is elected aid would stop for the rebels and the war would stop sooner but Hillary would likely increase support for more control over the region.

>obviously daesh will die but my question is how long will this be dragged out for?
As long as possible. The shit that happens there doesn't happen somewhere else. The dangerous morons who leave for Syria would otherwise stay.

The people in Syria now have two options, victory or death. Most people there would rather die than have Assad as their leader, if they wanted him as their leader trust me he would have been the leader already. It's just that the people don't want him, 75% of the country (at least) is Sunni. Bashar is aliwaite, they are probably not even 5% of the population. Al-Asad family are bloodthirsty psychopaths, read about the massacres they committed I believe in the 60's. This isn't something new to them.

Those people who go to Syria will come back to Europe. Syria is a safe haven for these kind of people. Without the Syrian problem there would have probably be no massacre in Paris or Brussel

>Syria is a safe haven for these kind of people.
No it's not, most of them get killed.

>yeah let's find out who killed the most babies here...
Oh, America you object to killing babies now? or is it okay when *you* do it?

It's a safe haven in a sense that people go there get experience and get sent off to Europe or the us.

yes, I live in america. I do not agree with the actions that have caused the deaths of millions. Recently the decision to invade the wrong parts of the middle east. Or imposing sanctions that starved hundreds of thousands of children in the nineties, or pointless wars of ideology such as Vietnam that still cause serious illness due to agent orange. Coups in south america and imposing dictators to strengthen control of whatever country or state. Shit that I'm sure a nation as old as yours is not unaware of. I mean is it not for your nations in Europe warring and raping lesser nations then drawing arbitrary lines in the sand as borders for them that set this ball in motion in the first place? Now we're in power and it's power that has not been wielded on this earth before. Come take it and do better. fucking do it.

>no massacre in Paris
There have been muslim terror attacks in Paris since the 80s. Including a spectacular one in 1995. And Syria had nothing to do with it. They only stopped for a while because the police did such a good job (in cooperation with the Algerian police I may add).

What happened in 9/11 was planned to happen in 1994 in France, it's just that the plane was forced to land and the GIGN stormed it so nobody was hurt (except the terrorists).

>do better
We do better all the time. Read the papers.

kek, having fun policing mali? Well don't worry we have you covered for the rest of it nato friend

Well, without the Syrian problem there wouldn't be Isis. People who committed the crimes in Europe are loyal to Isis and got their orders from them.

Mali isn't over yet so I can't comment (have fun trying to predict the future).
But looking at the past few years like Côte d'Ivoire or Chad or Lebanon, I would say yes we have done better.
I can go there and have a drink with the people - maybe they'lll even insist to buy me a drink.
Try to do that in Iraq or Afghanistan as an American.

shit, man. These problems were already set to happen after WW1 then exacerbated by poor political decisions by Russia and now continuing with us. On top of that the middle east's reliance on oil will collapse and exponentiation these issues caused by clashes of culture.

Oh, so it's "Al Qaeda" all over again? it's the "ISIS" logo that makes those somehow special?
To me they're all terrorists are the same. The other ones were just as bad.

I don't think Syria and the rest of the levant is reliant on oil though. But I agree, most of the problems in the Middle East can be traced back to the west and Russia.

hahaha, like they care what brand of western you are over there. Yes we fucked it up. Russia fucked it up before us. You fucked it up before them, or should I say we as they were my ancestors as well? either way you think you can simply point the finger at whoever is currently in power? Well we screw up often but at least the south koreans like us.

>I don't think Syria and the rest of the levant is reliant on oil though

Yeah, but alqaeda isn't nearly as bad as Isis. Both are bad, I think we can all agree on that; but we have to also agree that not all bad people are equally bad. It isn't just a logo, they have a difference in ideology as well, that's why they are terrible.

Must say I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't think you do, either. I take it you've never been to these countries?

Well, I wasn't sure because the levant in general doesn't really have much oil compared to the gulf.

South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, the rest of the island in the Pacific Ocean and Caribbean. We didn't do too bad either.

I'd be as safe visiting Iraq as you would... I've been to some other countries and they either like you because maybe your country gives them aid or has helped them in the past. Mostly it's because of the economic boost from tourism. Either way you can always find people to connect with regardless of nationality.

all those shitholes except jordan, israel and lebanon are propped up by oil dollars

YA BASHAR
A

B
A
S
H
A
R

I dont want to trivialise anything, but when your country is the 'world police', you are obviously bound to make plenty of terrible fucked up mistakes.

While it's important that the West continues to act as world police, you must also listen to the voices of the people that have been fucked over by your countries.

My point was, there were dangerous terrorists before, during, and after Al Qaeda.
But somehow your media made "Al Qaeda" the only important ones in your eyes.
Which was ridiculous because other (notably Algerian) groups were significantly more powerful and dangerous.
And now you're somehow doing the same with ISIS. Which is just as ridiculous and inefficient, you can't fight your enemies if you don't even know who they are.

who the fuck is this guy?

Technically, these are peaceful times. Once the nukes start flying and 1/2 of the world population is killed off, you wont even care.

My point was:

You "helped" Iraq and Afghanistan: result?
We "helped" Côte d'Ivoire and so on: result?

So yes we did better (unliked what you suggested), because those countries we helped (including by removing dictators) ended up being nice places, unlike those you helped.
Get it now?

Yeah, I agree we did screw up a bunch of times... Well, what do you expect? They still hold grudge against your country for screwing them over and killing their people. For us, the North African terrorists were irrelevant because all the focused on was France.
A fucking... Oh wait it's Finland.

He is probably in the Syrian ghost squad.

Based Issam Zahreddine.

You "helped them" with us though. Are you truly saying france is devoid of guilt from the current state of our world? because I sure haven't denied any mistakes of ours. gave us shit even after we helped get the germans off your ass then tag teamed you out for round two in Vietnam which totally fucked us up mind you now that we have this failure of a drug war thanks to nixon who was elected as a result.

>terrorists were irrelevant because all the focused on was France.
We've always been their prime target and still are, because we are the most dangerous country for me, the ideological counterpoint.

You only got 9/11 because the plane attempts didn't work here (our police does its job) so they picked an easier target which was you.
But at the same time, they didn't stop trying to it France, there were dozens of prevented attempts during the Bush years.

In 1987, our minister of the Interior embarked on a "let's terrorize the terrorists" campaign which worked.
Later in 1994 they switched tactics (the planes) and it didn't work.
So in 1995 they switched again and it worked until the police adjusted.
In 2014-15 they switched again and the police will have to adjust. Or perhaps they already have, six months without an attempt now and counting.

>They still hold grudge against your country for screwing them over and killing their people
No they don't, the Algerian terrorists did most of their victims in Algeria killing Algerians.
And one of the reasons our police was so succesful is close cooperation with the Algerian police (who have the same problems).

It's basically fucked up people vs. sane ones, not ____ country vs _____ country or Islam vs atheism.
And I'm not sure America is in the "sane people" team, in fact.

I understand now, I didn't know some of that information before. But now France needs to do the right thing and support the rebels (not the terrorists) against the regime.

Except the rebels literally are terrorists, our government even stopped supporting them already

>You "helped them" with us though
No we did not, Côte d'Ivoire was during the height of the "freedom fries" period so all America did was joking about how we should surrender to them

>tag teamed you out for round two in Vietnam
There was no need for a round two in Vietnam. They were ready to die for their independance (the Indochina war was proof of that) so they would be independant, and being communists was not seen as a problem in France since the French theory was that communism didn't work so the USSR and all other would give it up by themselves in time.

De Gaulle warned you not to go to Vietnam (just like Chirac warned you not to go to Iraq). If you had listened (in both cases) you would have saved you a lof of hurt, and them a lot of mess.

lol

They are still getting funded by cia. They would lose if they don't get any funding.

On a serious note, I think Syria should be split into 3 countries. If the problem doesn't get solved any time soon.

Yeah CIA funded the taliban too and we all know how that turned out

We should just glass the whole middle east at this point

>But now France needs to do
This thread should already have made it obvious that WE know what we are doing.
While America seems largely clueless.

So thanks for the "advice" but we're going to let our professionals, who have had good results for the past 40 years, handle things.

One thing you need to know is that there are many rebel groups in Syria. And yes, some of those groups we funded did end up taking Isis side, but Isis is close to losing now. There are other groups beside the nusra front who also fight Isis and regime, the free Syrian army should get some funding considering that most are just ex soldiers loyal to bashar.

Last time I checked France wasn't known for being knowledgeable on these issues, it was running away from battle. But if you want to trust your """""professionals"""""" go ahead.

oh please it wasn't a war against communism that was just a facade. The real reason was to keep more control in the territory than Russia but if it wasn't for the french fucking the place up for a hundred years then refusing to let it go maybe it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

I agree we that not going to the middle east would have been the better choice but perhaps you and others could also have made better choices in partitioning lands which are now in such chaos.

>But if you want to trust your """""professionals""""""
Well they've had results during the past 40 years, yours didn't.

>it was running away from battle
Our guys routinely travel half a world away (at great expense, too) to battle, actually. Not that we care a great deal, but they do.

>go ahead
I already said we did, and will (until they fuck up, at least).

I know there are several groups of rebels, but we need to specify which ones are actually moderate and fighting isis, since a few bad apples spoil the bunch

They didn't have a good track record since there were two attacks within the past Year on your soil.

I'm sure our professionals as well as the French """professionals""" and of course others who specialize in this are looking into it.

>partitioning lands which are now in such chaos
Our former colonies are not in chaos (or do not stay for long, at any rate). We even took on cleaning the mess in former Belgian ones which somehow ended up our problem (like RDC and Rwanda).
Iraq and Afghanistan were British turf.
America took over Arabia and the Middle East because of oil and support for Israel.

I'm not going to do it again, read

>actually falling for the moderate meme
>again
>and again
>and again

Have fun having yet another Vietnam or Iraq or Astan. We sure will (have fun watching you I mean).

>MURRRICA!
>MURRRICA!
>MURRRICA!

Yeah, 6 months and counting I read that. Assad staying in power will mean another attack soon enough.
> to fall for the "no moderate rebel group" meme
>current year

They never learn, apparently.

The situation is already horrible, I doubt it can get any worse unless we nuke the whole place (that might also be the solution, ironically).

We don't give a shit, I told you we terrorize the terrorists and not the other way around. Since '87.
Unlike you we're not cowards.

Hezbollah is protecting christians rn

More likely than oil is simply having a larger physical presence in the area. Although afghanistan should have been invaded it could have been handled better. Why do you think Israel is there in the first place? Does america or the west really care about an Israeli or Palestinian state? It's obviously still there as an ally in the region if it wasn't useful to us in the west it wouldn't even exist. Also I see you arguing with this other american here. I'm not the same guy and have different opinions than that fag.

>unless we nuke the whole place
No, that you don't want to do, genocide is not popular in most of the world (see:Hitler).
Also, you have Israel (whom you like for some odd reason) and we have Lebanon (whom we like for not odd reasons) in "the whole place".

this is DED

Americans will not understand this

>actually falling for that meme.
Genocide is cool though, I mean you support Assad.
>terrorize the terrorist since '87.

>larger physical presence in the area
A base in Djibouti and one of the Emirates is about all a country needs to protect its interests and let Iran know they're serious about this (an Iranian attack would mean Western casualties so most likely war).
That's enough for us (and China, now) at any rate.
Actually I think the behavior of US troops in Saudi Arabia is one the reasons some Saudis hate America enough to fund terrorism.
Nobody likes seeing his own police humiliated by foreign troops.

A fucking le... Oh it's just Finland.

It worked, something like 90% of all terrorist attempts were foiled because since then, the terrorists have begin rushing their plans to act before being caught.
Seriously, before discussing something, perhaps you should at least get the most basic information about it?

The reason you had 9/11 was because the same attempt vs France had failed, so they looked around for a country with a less efficient police.
And found America.

the saudis can hate us for whatever they want. fuck the house of saud

No, they decided to attack us because we have bases all over the Middle East. You guys have bases in countries that literally have no food and their first priority is finding food.

>Abu Dabhi
>their first priority is finding food.

pls

Americans never seem to grasp a basic sociologial logic of military aggression. Remember 9/11? Were you angry? Did you want bomb the shit out of towelheads? Do you still want it? Then why think people in middle-east would be any different. They get bombed daily, which breeds anger and frustration, and eventually leads to the need to kill snowniggers and westerners. Because people are pissed off.

Reading comprehension, much?

They tried the 9/11 trick vs France first. The police boarded the plane and killed them which is why you may not remember
THEN they tried vs America where the police is less competent, and it worked.

Get it now?

They fear France more because we're not "Christians" so we can't be presented as enemies of Islam (unlike religious countries like the US), so many muslims here drop religion altogether and just live normal lives with booze and miniskirts and so on.
And the hardliners don't want that to happen.