pcpartpicker.com/product/GsZ2FT/fractal-design-case-fdcanode202bk
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232195
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232438
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cuz its boring

What case is that?

pcpartpicker.com/product/GsZ2FT/fractal-design-case-fdcanode202bk

That's beautiful.

Ugly case is ugly, some people lack the skill for an advance case like this though.

Hows the GPU temp?

refurbished 8 year old PC, threw in a GTX 1070, 24 GB DDR3, new CPU cooler and SSD. new case + fans. forgot to plug in the PCI-e cables before taking pic, my bad.

runs Fallout 4, GTA V, Witcher 3 etc. at 60 FPS highest settings 1440p. not a single game managed to bottleneck the CPU, the GPU is always the bottleneck when dipping below 60 FPS (only happens in Witcher 3, a GTX 1070 isn't fast enough for continued guaranteed 60 FPS at this res).

total cost ~850 bucks of which 20% is tax. subtract another 200 bucks if you already have case + fans. why buy 7700K, DDR4, 'gaming' motherboards when this CPU is just 30 bucks. hyperthreaded quadcore, OC's up to 4.4 GHz on high-end air or water (the D0 revision i7 930 chips are probably more expensive as they OC better). LGA1366 confirmed god-tier.

>i7 930 @ 4.3 GHz (D0)
>24GB Kingston DDR-3
>ASUS P6T Deluxe v2 LGA 1366
>Antec TruePower 750W
>Samsung 850 EVO (restricted to SATA II)
>2x 500 GB HDD

even the PSU is 8 years old, the SATA II limitation has no effect on SSD performance except when copying/loading huge files.
CPU = 78 C after P95 (53-65 in games), GPU 30 C idle, 58 C load, mobo 34 C, SSD 28 C

You guys might have seen this case before (Thermaltake P3) but I have modded it a bit, as it was originally open case, but I 3D printed some brackets to close off the top and side.

Need to re-order the side acrylic panel as its too short.

this makes my peepee hard

>inverted case
check
>led's
check
>mismatching colors
check
>rgb ram
double check
>amd ryzen
check
>evga 1080
check
>nvidia
double check
yup, has everything to cause /g to enter an autistic rage

I just stuck my 930 in my """home server""".

Fun Fact: All 930s are the D0 stepping. I got a shit one, never did more than 3.8. Or rather it was just baaaaarely unstable at 4.0. It'd be fine all week and then mysteriously crash.

There are 13 HDDs and one SSD in this picture.

Upgraded my gpu today, from 670 to 1070, this should last me quite a while again.

had to go back to my old 970, my r9 390x burnt the fuck out.

Fellow 1366 socket user here.

How small are your hands?

That is wonderful!
Very pretty user. Are you gonna move it from under the desk?
Colorful at least

is that jizz

also
>post guts
>are you a virgin

Thanks, yeah I'm waiting for a bigger desk, the P3 case is quite big.

Lol no don't be silly, it's milk

I only have this PC left and sold the other two.
I think Having more than one is silly right now.

I plan on making a expensive tv box with this case with a i5-7600k and evga z270 stinger and reusing the r9 390x out of my desktop along with 32gb of ram out of 64gb total currently. Just waiting in the stinger mobo to become available. Not going to have internet or cable tv where im going to live just t-mobile hotspot and directv now which im grandfathered in at 30 bucks a month

best in thread

I might actually cable manage tonight, just to get a good guts picture for once. Maybe.

I haven't cable managed since my first pc in 2005.

Zen is coming, but motherboard isn't in stock so don't know when.

1.gen buddy :3

You should get a x5650 6core.. They overclock like mad (4.4ghz is almost guaranteed on water) and usually runs quite cool.

I recommend getting a new psu tho, after 8 years it won't be very stable on the volts, probably high ripple and a higher chans of frying your motherboard and harddrives.

If you wanted, you could just get a sata 3 controller for the ssd also to get rid of that "bottleneck", but as you said, it won't make much of a difference.

Nice. 3.8ghz aint too shabby for air.

What cooler? Reminds me of the Noctua lowprofile, but seems bigger.

What cpu you running? That motherboard is nice as fuck, never got my hands at it sadly. Did have a P6T-SE, looks similar, but is way cucked down.

If Zen gives me any shit, I think I'll get a hold of one of the big blue asus x58 boards and a x5650, and set everything up on water.

Gotta prevent the sag senpai.

Comfy

what is that thing between the GPU and the PSU? Why does it have duct tape? And a copper plate?

wtf

I'm still waiting on the node appearing on ebay for a decent price. really nice htpc/gaymin case

Why not just run the GPU power cables from the top and tighten it enough so it won't sag? Thats what I do and it works fine while keeping that ugly crap out of my case.

It is between the GPU and soundcard actually, but yes its a copper plate just taped to the soundcard.
Its to shield from Nvidjew Coilwhineâ„¢ the fucking gtx1060 radiates.

I may try making it look nicer. But.. probably not.

what an audiophile thing to do, you earhole.

>buy open case
>fuck up the airflow by closing most of it up with solid panels

why

pansy ass prissy missy homo babies

when are you going to upgrade, what in fuck. its been fucking months

Whatever. Have MDR-V6 I got on amazon sale some years back, and a couple Asus xonar cards I gotten used for like $50.
The onboard sound if usually fucking shit, and without the copper plate it's fucking hell playing games. *Eeeehhhhhaaaaaarrrrrrssssssshhhh*

>Lol no don't be silly, it's milk
Yeah, daddy's milk.

Hopefully, this summer. If not, then probably not this year.

one of the monitiors is actually 144hz but i just did some cable management today and had to use my dvi for the further away monitor. Not playing games tonight anyway.

pictures dont do justice to computers. it looks way nicer irl through the window with lighting
I did that for a while. Caused all kinds of weird problems.

Toshiba 512 nvme, 16gb RAM, 1080 version.

fugg im retarded i had mobo up instead of ram
3733@14-14-14-30 yeee

>>Nice. 3.8ghz aint too shabby for air.
I took off the overclock and let it sit at 2.8 GHz. It's had a hard life. I might get a six-core xeon to relieve it. It doen't game anymore anyway, it runs VMs and distributed-computing tasks.
>What cooler? Reminds me of the Noctua lowprofile, but seems bigger.
Noctua C14. I replaced the stock fan with a low-speed Delta, and put it underneath, instead of on top of, the cooler. I originally got it when I had an old Lian-Li case that wasn't deep enough for modern tower coolers, it paid off again when I decided to stuff it in a 4U rackmount case.

Here's another pic, because I can. I'm planning on putting another video card in it so I can use it to watch (live or recorded) TV. Like, on a TV, instead of on a monitor at my desk.

1366 really had incredible longevity. Especially due to the large amount of PCI-E lanes and memory capacity.

like what? I put together a new desktop the other night, sitting open in the box the motherboard came in. celebrated with some bacon, dropped a little chunk that rolled off my shoe and was literally 3 inches from rolling onto the motherboard

if that's what you mean by problems. can bacon grease fry your board?

Obviously it's more vulnerable, but no it wasn't that. It was sitting on top of a cardboard box yet it kept shorting and powering off after an hour. I moved it to another surface and I think it stopped. This was back in early 2015 so I'm struggling to remember.
Having a screwdriver next to your open motherboard to boot up was cool I guess.
There was another issue as well but I can't remember. That one-hour shutdown thing was really fucking annoying because problems that aren't immediately replicable are always the hardest to solve.

Holy shit. 3733mhz, thats fucking crazy man. Blazing fast for those timings!

What do you get in 3dmark 11 physic test?

And you have link to the ram? I might consider it for the luls for zen.

>1366 really had incredible longevity
Actually, I cant see it being underpowered in the next 5 years atleast, with a overclocked 6core.. And thats fucking insane. A cpu that holds up performance for 15 years.

Regret getting rid of 1366, testing new intelshit after have been a big case of boredom with the z+k overclocking only, and just via multiplier.
Sandy bridge was nice for itx tho.

Might get the c-14 if I see it on sale sometime, looks good.

is cardboard not good? i was going to move the one i posted into that purple ramenbox sitting behind it. im not sure if its a fire hazard so I thought about lining the inside with plastic or something, need something to maintain its structure under the weight of the motherboard anyway.

It SHOULD be good by all accounts, it's not conductive obviously. It was hard to troubleshoot like I said because it took an hour each time I changed something to find what the issue was. Maybe it was shorting when it was on a plastic table and then it stopped when it was on the cardboard? I can't remember.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232195
Get this one though if you can, the heatspreaders on mine are just cosmetic.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232438
My voltage is high at 1.6 but it's fine with these samsung chips. The FPS increase in WoW from having better ram is insane so I'm glad I bought it. The charts are mistitled one says cl15 and one says cl16 but the ram is running at 16 in both. I haven't tested other games yet but going from stock 6600k/2133 ram to this is crazy. The system feels so much more balanced and it really shifted the bottleneck back to my gpu where I would prefer it be. I have a 980ti coming tomorrow I got a good deal on and I'm gonna sell this 1060. It's got aa shit cooler and the chip it's self is poor lottery wise.
I'm rambling. Just treat yourself to nice ram, is worth it.

Here's before and after I discovered what tie down spots were.

Any tips? I haven't been able to find a way to hide the cpu cable because of crappy raidmax case

Thanks for the info.
I'll consider it when the time comes, price wasn't too bad here in Norway for a change. My zen board wont be in stock for a while, and a friend have offered me a 2800mhz set for free, gonna see how that overclocks first.

Rate

I have an update for this that i'm going to install tomorrow thats bound to be even more jimmy
rustling then it is now.

user mine just burnt the fuck out on me, looking for a replacement card atm, ayyyy fuck AMD

This reminds me of a really top tier dick picture that I saw once, but I can't find it. Lighting was similar but there were also some slow shutter effects with light swirls

pls no bully

Noice

This is just a picture that I snapped the other day, quality could be better.

Also no matter what I do, when I phone post my pictures turn sideways. It's frustrating.

Looks cosy desu. I had that case but with a G3258 & 280X. Would cuddle

iPhone?

Galaxy s7 edge

enjoy you're dust

Because Sup Forums doesn't keep/read metadata; orientation is only guessed based on aspect ratio.

Take pictures horizontally, my man.

hmm

dat classy

It finally works and works well.

what the FUCK

My cpu cables were too short so I spliced in another 8" or so, has worked fine for 5 years almost now. Always always, Western Union splice + solder + shrink tube/vulcanizing tape and you'll never have a bad splice.

You need another fan going in. Looks clean.
Also
>that gpu heat sink

I can tell you're a sloppy person, and right now there are dirty dishes within your arm's reach.

I was thinking the same thing.

The GPU gets to about 62 - 72 under load, seem reasonable? I've been playing around with Afterburner's settings for the can controller.

Yeah, the processor silicon takes the same temps as cpus and the power chokes and shit take even higher temps, I wouldn't worry if it's not screwing up.

The left bottom is open, and the left side is somewhat open as i will put glass there but it will.have holes to go around the USB and GPU wires, so there's enough area for the air to flow.

I think it looks better so boo you

That's pretty smexy

Really nice build! I like it!
That air cooler is Sexy!!

Upsidedown and RGB
user's crazy!
Still , it's look mostly awesome!

Looks good ( except that PSU sticker obviously ) any other upgrade in mind ?

Looks really good!
Clean & tight! Specs ?

Sexy as always

>Yes, this pleases me

Skimped on motherboard, meh.

is the noise manageable as in possible to make it silent?

only got old shit pic with terrible tubing
new reservoir that is 2x smaller fixed alot of problems.

This pic gave me AIDS

>biltema

hejsan fellow nordicfag

>two rads
>single loop
>not even looping the gpu in
why the fuck not?

>gaming rod
has science gone too far?

well it did fit after all, now to figure out the cabling.

What case is that?

My testing system with its i7 860 and GTX560ti

>previous incarnation

oh dogs how horrible

Nah man I hate clutter on my desk.

A system I built for a friend a year or so ago

It was core2duo tier

Looks like the Define nano S

Thanks, senpai

>he bought a nano

Why the fuck ...WHAT

Home server guts

I've got a 1156 based board just waiting to get installed here

what case is that?

this
have the rad flowing out be the heat output for gpu and the rad flowing inward to the cpu

>nano
why?

a regular r9 could fucking fit.

Looks like a Jonsbo

That an EVGA nForce 780i SLI?
I think I have one of those somewhere with a Q9650 in it

R8/H8

Another pic