windowscentral.com/hp-spectre-x360-15
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Worst of both worlds.

>he fell for the 2-in-1 meme

Why do so many threads here start with

>Why don't you have X, Sup Forums?
>Why aren't you using Y, Sup Forums?
>Why aren't you doing Z, Sup Forums?

Are people here fucking sheep or something? Do you all just want to do what the others here are doing? Go deal with your buyers remorse or whatever the fuck and keep it off Sup Forums. Why do you care what other people here are doing?

You forgot the laptop has an attribute that is outside the 2-1 set.
Not being fucking retarded.

>come to consumer board
>are yall consumers or what? xd
hmm

A 360 degree hinge literally takes away nothing from it being a laptop while adding an additional feature at no compromise. Literally what are you retards complaining about?

don't need to. I need a laptop for work and comfy shitposting and I use a tablet to read light shit, check Sup Forums, emails, comfy remote control for media center/netflix.

This. People will complain about everything.

>A 360 degree hinge literally takes away nothing from it being a laptop while adding an additional feature at no compromise.
Wrong. 2-in-ones compromise performance for battery life and are less powerful than professional laptops while having worse battery life than tablets.

That being said, there's still a market for them.

No they don't. This isn't 2015 dumbass. You can get a 2 in 1 with the same specs as a traditional laptop.

Your reading comprehension is literally shit.

You seem to not understand the concept behind "no compromises". I'm sorry.

I can't speak for 360 degree hinge designs, but for the 'tablet-in-a-dock' approach, even if they have similar or the same hardware you're gonna run into to other issues. The Surface Pro 4 I'm typing this on for instance has an i7 in it but it thermal throttles a fair bit, even with the pretty damn cool water cooling loop.

>implying I can't find a laptop more powerful than any 2-in-one you can find
That's the compromise, dumbass.

>glossy screen

Not talking about tablet & dock

Any laptop that has specs a 2 in 1 "can't" have currently would barely qualify as a laptop.

>anti glare coating
>anti glare protector

>that backpedaling

Better move those goalposts

I guess if 8lb gaymen laptops are your thing

Too busy paying off debts to take on another one.

>Discounting the best overall 2-in-1 on the market because it doesn't fit your dumb argument
But why?

>surface
>best 2 in 1
no it's a better tablet, worse laptop

In what use case would it be beneficial to remove my keyboard?

>He doesn't know tablet + dock isn't the only type of 2 in 1

It's a pretty solid laptop.
Everybody who isn't in marketing uses them at my work and once you slap the dock on they're pretty fucking great.

>Folding the keyboard backwards to get rid of the functionality, but still retain the weight and bulkiness of a laptop

Again, when would I ever not want to use the keyboard?

It's literally just an additional feature on a laptop. I don't see any reason one would choose a traditional laptop over a 2 in 1 assuming same specs.

i got sick of touchscreens

t. first google tablet user

stop shilling shit just because thats what your mother bought you

>implying

>It's literally just an additional feature on a laptop. I don't see any reason one would choose a traditional laptop over a 2 in 1 assuming same specs.

>It's just an additional wheel on a bike. I don't see any reason one would choose a traditional motorcycle over a 3 in 1 assuming same horsepower.

>Sup Forums is a consumer board
I'd argue but that's true now

This is the lowest effort analogy I've ever seen in my life.

A laptop will always have a hinge. A bike will not always have 3 wheels.

>BUT MUH 90° HINGE

My dell 2-in-1's hinge became faulty. It leads me to believe 360 degree hinges spoil more easily.
2-in-1 have touchscreens. It means a glossy display, extra cost and extra battery usage for a feature I don't use.

>dell 2 in 1
There's your problem. You bought objectively one of the worst 2 in 1s on the market, and no most high end laptops have glossy displays due to also having touch screen and high resolution screens. Take the spectre x360 for example. It has one of the best battery lives of any laptop despite being 2 in 1, and costs less than an equivalent XPS 13.

This isn't 2015

Because I haven't money

My Zenbook ultrabook has an IPS matte display. 1080p is enough, 4K are just meme battery drains.

yup it's 2017 and the bottom bar is probably even shorter due to the thin meme

>most high end laptops have glossy displays due to also having touch screen

why?

>thin meme
t. neckbeard carrying around a 6lb chinkpad

>4K are just meme battery drains.
actually if you don't literally need 15 hours battery life 4k displays are really nice. Most high end 4k laptops now a days can easily achieve 10+ hours.

Because they're not as useless as Sup Forums wants you to believe.

Battery usage

You don't tell me what I need or don't need. Most 4K laptops can't achieve 10 hours, don't make up numbers.

>hurr hurr hurr
>imagination weak
>must play maxed out graphics to escape into fantasy world
>top kek
>can't be entertained by old games or simply programming
>must have winfag or maxed out KDE desktop
>doesn't know how to use i3
>top kek
>pop lel indeed
>can't use android apps AND desktop
>wot a joke
>doesn't have chromebook flip
>can't take computer anywhere
>such a shame

Literally what?

Those numbers aren't made up. If you actually looked at what I said "high end" and looked at what's available on the market you'd know.

They would require a use in order to not be classified as useless.

touch screen on laptops is surprisingly useful tbqh

For what?

laptopmag.com/reviews/laptops/hp-spectre-x360-13t-2016
Post me a 10 hour benchmark then?

>i3
My man

Hello? I can't find a 4K monitor with 10 hour tested (not claimed) battery life. Have you actually looked anything up?

Kaby Lake Dell XPS 13:
Battery Life

The Dell XPS 13 was already one of the longest-lasting ultraportables on the market, and the new version includes a beefier 60-watt-hour battery -- up from 56 watt hours on the previous model. As a result, the new nontouch version of the XPS 13 offers truly epic endurance, lasting 13 hours and 49 minutes on the Laptop Mag web surfing battery test. (We set all screens at 100 nits of brightness.)

If you really care about battery life, you might want to think twice about the touch screen model. The XPS 13 we tested with a Core i7 CPU and a beefy 3200 x 1800 touchscreen display lasted four and a half hours less, a time of 9:11. Still, that's better than the ultraportable average of 8:05.

Where's my 10 hour 4K touch screen laptop?

simple
glass screens are shit

To be fair the colors on the left screen are much better. Also, like OP said there are anti-glare screen protectors out there.

windowscentral.com/hp-spectre-x360-15

>Get the fucking mirror screen for the best color accuracy on my 15 inch laptop
>Throw a shitty Chinese screen protector on it

There are protectors out there that maintain color accuracy dummy

If we were talking a Surface Pro 3, I might agree, but the 4 works pretty fantastically as both. I've fiddled with a few of them but this is the first where I felt like I finally saw what MS was going for with them. Also the first I actually put money down on.

I need something bigger than 12 inches man. If the surfacebook wasn't so goddamn expensive I'd get that in a heartbeat.

I really liked the look of the Surface Book, but I couldn't justify the expense for what I need a thing for. I've got a proper desktop for heavy duty stuff, and this as a device to drag to uni or for lighter stuff that I used to use an Android tablet for.

This guy is right. sage

here's a 2in1 with a matte screen, and a stylus.
oh and a trackpoint for the thinkpad autists.