Post RMS's face when

post RMS's face when

He's probably say something about the earth being overpopulated and quelling the weak before going on a tangent about how 8 years old can give meaningful consent and then proceed to eat a snack from his foot

Do you need to unlock the iphone to make an emergency call?? Wat

No but to use siri

older iPhones and their OS don't have the "Emergency Call" on the lock screen

the setting also didn't get introduced until recently

No inherent reason why free software couldn't do that, it's just that there's no market

>asking it to call 999
And based on his voice, Siri was able to determine that he was in a state of panic and meant 911? Wow, the iPhone sure is amazing!

>americans

UK

>rms
He's too busy fucking his parrot.

"Imagine how many more lives it could save if it were free software."

>using proprietary iPhone
She would have been better off experiencing the sweet liberation of death.

Actually the picture I was chasing was rms doing a cheesy smile on a news interview when he gets told that there's numerous cases of Facebook saving people's lives.

Siri wins yet again.

Siris saves lives, other assistants just spy on you.

iOS 6 certainly has "emergency call"

So awesome. Megacorps can take over your survival so you don't have to worry about it.

looking at the answers i dont really get how anyone would objectively award that to siri

Now she lives in a diminished capacity and has become a massive burden on the state.

>looking at the answers i dont really get how anyone would objectively award that to siri
stay mad. when you end up having an emergency, your assistant will try to sell you shit.

>Using her thumb to unlock it.
This is why biometrics is insecure as fuck. What is stopping someone from unlocking my phone with my finger while I'm asleep?

>emergency dialer not on the lock screen

google now performed better
nice journalism over there

even fucking dogs know how to speed dial emergency services

that you need someone as old as fucking 4 to do it shows how low the bar has been set by smart phones

I will derail this meme to have a discussion about virtual assistants.

What is the point in having a virtual assistant? How can people spend any money on this? I am not concerning the HUGE privacy violations, it's like it has no use at all.

>google now performed better
sure thing.

You: "Help, I'm dying!"
Google Now: "Would you like to buy some insurance?"

none of the google now answers in the pic related were advertisements

y must u b so tryhard

Google's an adverting company, fool. Everything they do is so they can extract data out of you and sell it to their customers: governments and advertisers.

why doesn't Google give it's AI a sexy name?

>iShit has to be unlocked to use emergency call function

LMAO
M
A
O

Kid didn't know the emergency number in that country . He only knew 911 due to American pop culture

You can dial 911 or 112 in most countries in the world. It will redirect you to the correct emergency services number automatically.

>older iPhones and their OS don't have the "Emergency Call" on the lock screen
Huh? They had that on like iOS 4, and that was like half a decade before the fingerprint scanners were added on iTurds. Fuck off.

Post RMS's face when he learns he was right about Intel.

what processors do you even use on a firewall box that is not backdoored

you dont have to unlock an android phone to dial emergency numbers though...

Core2 Duo with the ME disabled.

did not one of the older intel or amd processors have a pretty bad hardware bug for some number that bricked the processor or similarly?

>what processors do you even use on a firewall box that is not backdoored
What you want to do is stop automatic backdooring. Think about how difficult it is to make all kinds of devices work in unison to enable something. Now think about them all doing that automatically and not running into problems

On all of the newer CPUs (Core i series) disabling the ME completely will cause the cores to stop every 30 minutes, and no one really knows why. All we know is that it renders the computer unusable for any serious work. Late last year some super smart guys figured out that you can break the ME's firmware without fucking the functionality of the CPU, and without breaking power management for the cores. The ME firmware is modular, so one section is modified in a way that allows the ME to keep running in a way that it performs critical functions only. The software is on GitHub and is called ME Cleaner.

what if there are side effects like suddenly it gets bricked when some condition like a certain date happens

I think you don't understand why he criticises Apple and services like Siri. Voice control is perfectly valid as an input method, it's just that the device is controlled by non free software.

It won't happen, because the ME doesn't depend on any kind of time/date settings to function. I've had my Core i5 ThinkPad T420 running with a neutralized ME for about 3 months now. Not a single issue.

I'll never forget that time Lunduke asked him how should developers feed their kids if proprietary software was, without exceptions, unethical and RMS replied "you shouldn't have children". The autism is really strong with this one.

ayy lmao. he also got pissed off when someone got congratulated for giving birth on the FSF mailing list, and he gave everyone a big lecture about how it wasn't a good thing.

What's nice about cortana that it can understand dialect somewhat well

Who the fuck is RMS?

well it's true
you shouldn't have children if you'll just make drones out of them

>You need to unlock a phone to call emergency services
WHAT?!

Lerrrk m'ore.

Exactly the same as Apple then

That's bullshit, doesn't say that anywhere in the article. Fuck off yank

Holy shit nigga. Please go back to r/eddit.

>You now have to ask someone else to call emergency instead of doing it yourself, artificailly creating an extra complexity in the process

Thanks non-free software.

>People carry and prioritize devices that cannot easily make an emergency call
>In desperate measures, they use social media integration to call for help in an ineffective manner
>Implying they wouldn't have done a normal emergency call if the option was there

>disabling the ME completely will cause the cores to stop every 30 minutes, and no one really knows why.
it's called a watchdog you dingus, the firmware assumes that it wasn't initialized """"""correctly"""""" (hint: the ME isn't there) and reboots the system

>Exactly the same as Apple then
kek... stay mad, cuckold.

kek wew lad, what a well sourced and technically detailed proof you have there.

why don't you then explain us how Google makes money. you fucking shit for brains. go back to sucking dick.

>he doesnt disable "emergency call"
>anybody could take his phone and call 911 with bombing threat

>Hurr durr, i'm talking out of my ass