>run broctl in terminal and it's functional
>take screenshot
>turn in midterm
>mfw I got an A

nice blog post

g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8 no h8

>he doesn't use linux as a hobby os
this shit would be trivial user, stop playing gaymes

You get to use fucking Google during midterms?

How embarassing -- your task is to Google how to compile basic software? This is your degree and you're paying for this?

user most people on Sup Forums could have done that in five minutes while they were still in puberty

When I took those kinds a of classes, they dropped us all on an untagged VLAN that could only access whatever was required for the test.

Both you and your school are retarded.

Please most people on Sup Forums couldn't compile a hello world without a makefile.

They should allow google on all programming tests barring maybe the most introductory. It's how we all actually program. Then they'd actually be able to give us complex problems rather than seeing if we memorized all the steps for basic ones that would never stop you in the real world.

Really all tests for all fields should be open note.

I wonder why. Maybe because this board is infested with Sup Forums niggers, who come to masturbate to benchmarks and to fight for the jew jew or the pajeet jew tech companies.

lol C++ fag here

first semester tests were on paper because of this. people hated the prof for it

>now I grudgingly thank him

>go to trade school for networking
>first classes are writing and ms word
>i did the same shit in 3rd grade
>leave less than 2 weeks later

THERE ARE SEVEN 8'S IN THAT POST YOU FUCKING BOORISH CLOD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yup. FML. Are 4 year schools the only way to make it?

>be a mechanic
>guy asks me about the difference between automatic and manual transmissions
>i don't know, i google that a lot though, hold on

I had a linear algebra professor whose test were really fucking hard but he gave us a list of approved books we could use in class because, in his words, "that's how you're supposed to do fucking research".

It's OK man nobody studies anymore we just Google that shit

open book tests for linear algebra are different, obviously, because you still have to fundamentally understand the formula and synthesize it into a new solution

googling a step by step guide that provides commands to cut and paste is pointless - who in their right mind would consider that a computer science education, or any education at all

if the only reason they're testing your ability to memorize things is because it'll save time in practice, make the tests timed. see how far you get in a timed test at non introductory level when you have to google every foundation let alone the rest.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>this post
Linux makes people retarded i swear.

Fuck you you meme spouting garbage. You have contributed nothing to this thread. Get the fuck out.

>Are 4 year schools the only way to make it?
i am not sure. i don't think so though.

fuck off and get back to le reddit

I couldn't have done that. I don't even know what broctl is. I browse g because im interested in HW and the most extensive code I ever wrote was years ago in Colobot.

Retard

Are you retarded?
How is making a makefile simpler than running cc main.c

>"Alternative Server Operating Systems" class
Shouldn't this cover windows server?