Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

I'm interested in buying a laser. The problem is there's so many of them, many variations, and I don't know where to start. Can anyone here recommend a decently priced recreational laser that will at least reach a mile or two away? Thanks in advance.

Bump

:(

what do you need one for?
green light reaches the furthest btw.

Get a laser diode from a junk dvd burner and fashion yourself a burning laser

It's for shining at airplanes.

Kek. Just look up green laser dazzler

lol they freak out over that shit.

Hey you're not OP I am.

I don't want to shine it at fucking airplanes lol. I just wanna play with it. Point it at stuff far away. The entire point of a laser pointer.

Also I have heard green goes further. Anyone have any suggestions?

See

you're going to get arrested, shot, blind someone, or start a fire.
have fun!

I hate you I had a lot of saliva in my mouth and I just burst out laughing reading that and it just came out

You'll shoot your eye out, kid.
"Recreational" lasers that can reach miles are powerful enough to cause blindness. And you won't have time to close your eyes until it's too late. It's a laser; it's practically instantaneous. You ever shine a flashlight around and incidentally hit the right surface that perfectly reflects the light right into your eyes? Yeah.

reported to cia

I'm not a fucking retard dude.

K user..just wanted to make sure

order only the module for anything higher than 5mw
it is less likely to get stopped by customs

How far does 5mw reach?

I also don't really want to spend more than 100 dollars, but it would be cool as fuck to see it on the clouds at night.

i built one of the first purple 600mw + purple lasers in Australia about a month after the first blue ray burners cam on sale

it was fun at the time but:

- it was fucking expensive build (at the time $700+)
- it attracted dumb shits like moths
- it was dangerous as fuck
- still cant believe i didn't end up blind
- really was hard to burn shit - a cigarette with a match hidden in it was the best it got
- dialed it up to 1 watt and damaged the diode
- ended up getting stolen from a party

i treasured that time in my life but wouldnt want another one.

- i am not impressed anymore
- customs are cracking down
- cheap mult iwatt range devices in plebs hands even makes my inner mad scientist uncomfortable

go with minature rgb projector tech

Thanks for the response. Can't seem to find any products like that though

You laughed at that? How autistic are you? Its not comically funny.

I have not used mine in a dark (no streetlights) place before, streetlights kill a lot.

I don't live around any street lights thankfully

just get the most powerful you can afford

>not a retard
>doesn't know how to buy a laser

This isn't our first day on the internets. We all know "point it at clouds" is codeword for "point it at airplanes!"