Are you happy with your major Sup Forums?

Are you happy with your major Sup Forums?

I didn't go to college.

Yes, I did my ungergrad in information systems and my master's in business analytics.

>tfw to smart to get digits

i dropped out

so i guess no

Yeah, did drama & philosophy and now teach at the top IT training provider in the country.

>Doing a degree for a career rather than enjoyment

>training provider
Kek

Those digits.
What did kek mean by this?

stay home and become a neet

I studied computer engineering. I now work as a software engineer for an automotive company. I get to play with motors and expensive shit and my coworkers are hilariously vulgar so yeah life is pretty good.

I was enrolled in a masters for a bit but dropped out to work. Honestly work experience in engineering matters a whole lot more. Every day I learn something new and get paid well doing it.

I also smoke weed before work everyday

Yeah for the most part, my only grievance is I feel the work I'm currently doing is under valued in terms of pay.

Same over here, m9

>I also smoke weed before work everyday

I was considering studying aerospace but I thought I'd have to give up weed. Now I know I can be a software engineer and smoke all I want.

#bless

>CE
>failed a technical test for an internship in embedded programming
no

Nope. Majored in Networking only to really fucking hate it. Gonna jump on the grant train and become a chef instead. At least then I can ride the nepotism train like every other successful fuck out there.

>become a chef instead

This

Here's another one (Me) who gets pretty baked after coding my shit.

First year yes
Second year fuck no
Third year yes
Fourth year fuck yes

First year was pissed easy and didn't count to the end of the degree at all spent the entire thing drunk. Shit got real in the second year.

i never had a major

got HS diploma, became a cook, now working at walmart making shit for money

use youtube on the side for extra cash when i need it

i dont make shit for money, but fuck am i glad i didnt go to college.

>poor life best life

honestly I feel like butt fucked

I technically didn't either. Dropped out after one semester of being a psychology major, ironically because of a psychological disorder.

link to channel?

Why didn't you go to college or join the Air Force?

no, or maybe, not yet. i dont necessarily want my
name out and associated with this place. not so much Sup Forums being the issue, as much as Sup Forums being the issue.

not that im a huge content creator, however, chances more than likely you may have come across a video of mine or two. around summer last year three of my videos took off real well, from there, some nice subs have poured in, and i did make a nice bit of money off of it.

i've thought about posting my videos here before and asking for critique, but i always shy away from it, as well just about anywhere else on the web.

i didn't go to college because i dont have the discipline for college. or rather, i dont want to discipline myself enough to make something out of myself in college. that's mostly the issue. i've always valued trade schools (depending, that is) over most universities, so if i were to ever proceed with a """"""formal"""""" education, i would probably hit up one of those instead.

as for the air force, my father is currently a CW5 in the army doing ADA shit. he always told my brothers and i to never join the military, regardless of branch. however, i'm currently 23, and if i still dont have my shit together by the age of 25 or so, at the point, i will probably just end up joining the army or the navy.

i will say though, not exactly proud of working at walmart, but moving up here is a quick process. the benefits at the end of the day are decent too.

I'll be on my 4th year of computer engineering next semester and we're required to choose a track elective, it's a choice between systems admistration and embedded systems though I've no idea which to take. If there's a fellow CE user out there I would love to hear your opinion on both tracks and which is better to take.

I like what I'm studying, but I had an internship last summer at a small local software dev company and hated it.
Most of the time I spent decyphering their undocumented legacy libraries and trying to design retard-proof user interfaces.

>tfw I just wanted to make video games

final year here, it was okay.

For 4th year we have to do a "non-research based" project and cisco bullshit basically, not really academic work but meh. I just want to finish now

sadly we had piss poor mathematics teachers who read off slides and out of books then were surprised when no one remembered every single theorem and axiom with practiced bravado.

They'd also never accept any solution besides wrote learning book solutions. So for eg they'd ask you to find the root of x^2 + 1 = 0 using imaginary numbers. For whatever reason our lecturer insisted on using the quadratic formula despite the fact that you simply assign x := sqr(-1) if I recall correctly.

Proofs were equally frustrating because they'd once again only accept specific orders and the wrote solution. The entire thing quickly became an exercise in meticulously reproducing notation as opposed to understanding core concepts of mathematics.

We ofc had that old guy lecturer who when he did maths in college you weren't even allowed to use fingers -_-. So when we did matrices he gives us stupidly awkward negative fractions and ofc we had no calculator.

Boolean logic proofs and formal design methods to me seem a complete waste in time. I did pretty well in them but producing a mathematical proof for a boolean representation of a program has to be the biggest waste of time I've ever seen. Any logic problems it might remedy can be solved with good unit testing.

Statistics was well taught, Network and Comms was well taught with a heavy emphasis on core concepts.

Honestly the best thing about the degree is that after 4 years I can pretty much do anything programming/software wise (except writing graphics application software) without too much hassle, and I won't do it wastefully. That's the entire value of the degree. I'm also not completely shit at math and electronics now.

yeah, I make big money and get to build something and do something enjoyable rather than other upper middle class jobs like being an accountant or a slimey lawyer

it's also fairly low stress too, feels good

Yes.

I majored in math, and it's full of interesting.

>suck balls at math
>get a masters degree in business cause muh money
>can't find job because everything is corrupted as fuck and everyone hires their nephews with aspergers instead of qualified workers
>pivot to CNC technician, find job in 2days

I should have just gone into mech engineering or IT in the first place...

>mech
>meh animu
you should travel to russia

That it's time to find jesus.

Just shortened it.
Fuck Russia, they had an even shittier communism than we had and are so corrupted that they're not even trying to hide it.

Again one of these retarded normie tier pictures.
What I actually do should display an editor instead.

>tfw nuclear engineer
keking @ you

sup fellow degreeless user. What work are you in now and do you feel your lack of a degree has impeded you? Personally I'm doing remote freelance webdev and I'm looking into doing a distance learning degree.

It's a real degree (not an unaccredited diploma mill) but it's in "Computing & IT and Mathematics" rather than actual CS. My government will fund (most of) the tuition fees, but distance degrees can't get a living costs student loan so I would need to carefully plan my study/work/life balance.

Hmm, So I have to find someone on youtube who's currently 23, became a cook, works for walmart, and had 3 successful videos last year in the summer.

How hard can that be.

>graduated from law school
>ihatemylife.avi
Then I fell for the CS meme and I'm halfway through.

>i hate this really easy job, i'm gonna try for one of the hardest professions in the world instead

maybe five years until you're back looking for a job using your networking degree