An executive running Linux?

An executive running Linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vz9YFZP0OsE
youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc
medium.com/@cloudbric/we-analyze-13-hacks-in-the-1995-movie-hackers-and-how-they-compare-to-today-96abfd472db0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wut?

Wow you even got GNOME!

Old habits stay die hard

this show destroys the public perception of GNU/Linux and GNUmales
i wonder how many normies actually tried le kali maym after watching this shit show and hates anything GNU/Linux because they were to stupid to actually do anything

>DUDE, CONSOLE OUTPUT LMAO
>DUDE, IP ADDRESSES AND SHIT LMAO
>DUDE, CHECK OUT THIS NETWORK ANALYSIS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE TEXT AND NUMBERS MEAN BUT IT LOOKS COOL LMAO

This show was so fun for the first half. Why did it have to go full M Night Famalam?

kill the bank, kde man

Yeah because using aircrack-ng on Kali is so hard that you have to be a genius to use it amirite haha us GNU/Linux nerds amirite? xdd

I'm hoping the next season is more akin to the first. Fun is def the right word. The over all series is still interesting though. Even though it was a bit fucking weird at times, I still enjoyed the cinematics of the second season

>not just using a terminal
fucking millennials
(I'm 13 so I don't count as a millenial

>I'm 13 so I don't count as a millenial
kek

Stay butthurt old man

It's funny because in a scene where Elliot is sweating out the morphine, the others are watching Hackers and one of them says "I bet you right now someone's working on a show that will screw up this generation's idea of hacker culture"

youtube.com/watch?v=vz9YFZP0OsE

And oh boy they did. Great show though.

to be honest lots of little things they did get right, even when he was writing that python payload delivery script was pretty accurate as to how a lot of InfoSec professionals use python day-to-day

Still the most accurate depiction of adderall abuse I've seen, too

The movie Hackers was pretty accurate as well (a lot of the viruses used were real ones), especially politically and "hacker culture". Obviously they're not going to genuinely hack something because it would cost way too much time and money. I don't see people complaining about CGI in scifi movies claiming "it's innacurate".

terminal != command line
terminals can be graphical
not that i'd expect a 13 year old to understand what a terminal is

How can you fall for such obvious b8 m8?

what other reason do you have for coming here?

>i come here for the intelligent, constructive discussions

That is correct

let me know if you find any

There are plenty, user

youtube.com/watch?v=3cShYbLkhBc

kill the bank, kde man

kill the bank, kde man

kill the bank, kde man

>KDE
>stable

No I fucking wasn't you shit eating retard

KILL THE BANK, KDE MAN

Bank's gonna repo your house, LXDE man.

Yes it fucking was you brainless mongaloid: medium.com/@cloudbric/we-analyze-13-hacks-in-the-1995-movie-hackers-and-how-they-compare-to-today-96abfd472db0

Obviously the how was inaccurate, but like I said
>I don't see people complaining about CGI in scifi movies claiming "it's innacurate".

>b-but user i-it is not how to hax
You make a better movie then.

kill the bank, kde man

I know what you're thinking

Do people find this kid attractive?

kill the bank, kde man

Kill the bank, kde man

Way closer to reality than crime shows
still not good
8/10

Pre-pubescent teenage girls do because he was in one of the twilight movies.

lefty homos do because he's a muslim

What's the big deal? I'm in the industry for last 20 years and things like hacking are shown realistically for a show. Maybe some autistic fuck will disagree but it's a TV show. Should they maybe show some neckbeard in mommy basement pimping his Linux desktop and jerking of to anime and figures of anime girls? Come on. Respect where is due but most of the guys here are not hackers, just a sad lone figures using technology as a escape from life they lead.

KDE hits stable once every 10 versions, kwin is always stable though.

I watched the episode when it premiered shortly after WIndows 10 was officially released and was bummed about having nowhere to go after waiting out the Windows 7 life cycle. This show memed me into giving trying out Mint.

There's even a scene where a cop is reading a hacker manifesto, that was being spread around back then.

kill the bank, kde man

The spyware stuff is in 7 already. Might as well upgrade

KILL THE BANK, KDE MAN

>letting a gay tv show choosing his distro

kill the bank, kde man

>asuka

>i3

This show is fucking edgy.

Ooft! Sup Forums BTFO

What? I hit the nerve, Mr.Autismo?

kill THE BANK, KDE MAN

Kill the bank, KDE Man.

KILL THE BANK, KDE MAN

At least its not CSI Cyber

Can this go a day without getting reposted?

KILL THE BANK, KDE MAN

the hype for that show got me so excited. they said it was going to be realistic. i dont think i have ever been so disappointed in my life.

i dont know why i let myself get excited though. i guess thats part of the reason why i love mr robot so much.

KILL THE BANK, KDE MAN

>implying normies know they need an adapter with monitor mode

did you uhh

did you actually read that article

because he pulls everything apart and basically dismisses it

kill the bank, kde man

>just a sad lone figures using technology as a escape from life they lead
Interesting. Did you watch the show? All the way through? Because that perfectly sums up elliot.

kill the bank, kde man

i think my favourite thing about the show is how it expands where fight club left off, and shows how fucking stupid an idea "wiping the debt" really is; how things are much fucking worse than they were before. it makes me smile a little that this isnt just going down that same narrative of "hurr wipe debt fix world hurr anonmoose lejun" but shows the world imploding.

says the edgelord on 4chins

its interesting that the first season is self contained enough to be stood by itself. which i like the idea of, with the huge shift in the second season that i wasnt really into.

>hacker culture
dropped

go whine about transphobia on github

I could only make it through the first few episodes of that show, it was so stupid. I felt like it was written by some random teenager

id feel that way too if the tech wasnt so accurate

You should try saying that again after re-reading what I said. Wait, I'll spell it out for you:
>Obviously the how was inaccurate, but like I said
>>I don't see people complaining about CGI in scifi movies claiming "it's innacurate".
This means that the things going on are relevant for the time, especially politically. Not all were, obviously some things were added for entertainment purposes, but, most things were real events, or real scenarios and others that weren't are entirely possible. I don't understand what makes you think otherwise. Are you just retarded or trolling?

I have literally no idea what you're talking about, but I think it's supposed to be insulting. Good job, buddy.

Is KDE good Linux? I use ubuntu

the tech is accurate, aka boring to watch on tv.

albeit python payloads are relatively nub stuff, and the more advanced persistent attacks usually utilize custom payloads that are obfuscated to the point where its easier to just do memory forensics.

ddos attacks blow balls. hard to mitigate, easy to detect. call akamai derp.

glad they got the high stress part right during IR as well as the "management is retarded" attitude and just not caring about the rest of the company (marketing, sales, etc.)

exactly how i feel...

also hacker culture is garbage.

gay that they tried to imitate user. user is gay/trash and all they do is web defacements on junk wordpress sites via injection or gay little ddos attacks using https testers free on github.

a step up from anonfags are the russian fags on the UG forums selling RaaS and DDoS-aaS.

the best pentesters i met are smart cool doods. totally normal, non beardfags. they are passionate and take ownership of their work and kits.

wanna talk highly organized criminal groups that are APTs? millions of dollars funded, and go way beyond this nmap / shodan pleb nonsense.

This show proves that Linux is only for psychos and autists

Yeah it really wasn't the worst. I'm doing InfoSec and they ATLEAST tried. When they brought up exploits such as shellshock it made me like that they ATLEAST did some research.

KILL THE BANK, KDE MAN

>this kills the reifag

I'm a normie - work in a bank as a manager. At home I use Linux in all my computers. There is nothing bad about using Linux - especially if you have kids in the house and don't want them to be dumbed down by mindless computer games.

It's fast, and if you don't mess with it too much (ricers, I'm looking at you), its as stable as anything else.

you know whats funny, I used to lurk g a lot a year or so ago. Stopped because I had all my tech needs satisfied. Although I never got around to playing with linux, but now I think I actually need it and reignited my interest in Sup Forums.

And you know how their plan to hack to steel mountain? You think a big tech company wouldnt be so stupid to connect their climate control systems to their main network? Well you're wrong. I work for as a fucking warehouse monkey and management literally told us all the air conditioning is controlled by the headquarters in Washington lol and yes theres climate control panels around the building. If they have any strong security between the climate control and main networks I have no idea

Yes I did, but that doesn't mean that every guy with no friends or with some characteristics like Eliot is actually a hacker. Hacking is generally boring and time consuming until that eureka moment, when something that you worked on proves to be correct and works. It's hard to make a show that can depict that realistically and in the same time to be appealing to wider audience.

Oh for sure, no one here has those skills. I just thought it was an interesting observation.

A Linux running exec?

Lol no one is saying anything in that show isn't viable, because those networked climate control systems do exist and are so prevalent

Care to elaborate? Personally when reading some posts it looks like Dunning-Kruger effect... Or something of that nature.

> implying Sup Forums retards like you do anything productive on your booboontoo

As in no one having the skills?

It's Saturday here in Aus and I've spent all day here on Sup Forums because I don't know, maybe I hate myself.

And the sheer number of people who think "the internet" is some magical thing and not just a fucking network, people who are happy with their out of the box isp modem/router, are trying to answer questions they are clearly unqualified for in stupid question threads, who actually do NOT know how to use Linux despite "installing" Gentoo by following the wiki to the letter, the "rust or go?" threads despite the two not being related what so fucking ever, and the asinine responses, are just a sample of the shit I've seen today.

I don't know if this place has gotten dumber, or if it was always like this and now I have some learns i can see how shit most people's knowledge is.

>got more normies into GNU/Linux

honestly not really a bad thing, more users the better

Although I imagine a lot of them would quickly go back to OSX/Windows/whatever

The social engineering at the beginning of Hackers was very realistic

It's like the only part that is

Hackers wasn't supposed to be realistic. It was more of an artistic rendition of what it meant to be part of the hacker counterculture in the 1990s, from an outsider's point of view.