Why does Sup Forums hate C?

Why does Sup Forums hate C?

>But memory exploitation
Learn to write safe code, or go use Rust. Stop shitting on a language because you're bad at it.

>Muh garbage collection
Use a different language if you aren't looking for maximum control over system resources

>Muh productivity
It's a small systems programming language for low-level systems programming, use another language for other types of development.

Dumb frogposter

OMFS* HOW CAN PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT NEEDS OR TASTE THAN I, THE SPERG LORD OF ATLANTIS, HAVE?

REEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING NORMIES

*OMFS MEANS OH MY FUCKING SAGAN, I DON'T USED OMFG BECAUSE GOD, CLEARLY, DOESN'T EXIST. IF HE DID WHY WOULD HE PUNISH ME? MOOOOM WHERE ARE MY TENDIES?

I agree with you. Sup Forums isn't one person.

It's just a small group of Rust shills.

>Stop shitting on a language because you're bad at it.
I quite like C personally but isn't "it's needlessly unsafe" a perfectly valid reason to shit on a language? Isn't part of what C does make assembly safer?

It's like if I gave you a car and said "By the way, there's a lump of nitroglycerin glued under the bonnet, don't crash" and when you complained "that's needlessly dangerous" I responded "well just drive better then".

a better analogy would be a barebones car with exposed gears and tubes and if someone questions whether that is safe you just tell them dont get caught in the machinery

That works too.

C doesn't have a good package dependency manager.

What your programming experience?

Show your github portfolio.

Anything, despite being certified fizzbuzzer?

when it comes to Sup Forums there is very high correlation between being C fan and neet + shaving legs.

What your programming experience?

Show your github portfolio.

Anything, despite being certified fizzbuzzer?

whatever grandpa, C is busted and old.

What has Bell Labs done recently to help women in code?

you forgot the part where if you don't get caught in the machinery, the car goes faster than any other car.

>not installing a blackbox to your car that forces you to go the speed limit in order to lower your insurance

lol plen. Obey the traffic laws, you can masturbate to anime tiddies after you return from work

except for maybe that one other mayan-egyptian spacecraft car probably handed down from aliens that almost nobody knows how to drive but at least it is really fast at calculating positions of planets and stuff like that

I do not have github or programming experience, but if you are making such claims as OP, I would love to read your C code and learn from it how to write good proper and safe C code.

aka you're aint shit. go back to plebbit

not true anymore though

We shit on C because people who write C are bad at it. They should be using Rust so their software can be not shit.

Bad code can be written in any language.

But much of the bad code that exists is written in C, this is not a coincidence.

Because it's deprecated and you spend 99% solving the same problems as everyone else, without actually writing any code. It stems from a time where nothing better was available.

The only real use is for code that requires brute power like simulations

name one non-asm or machine language that consistently performs better than C

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

>C
>2017

its like you do not know that JS and atom exist in a.d. 2017

lmao

>why do people like using languages that aren't C
>lists three common reasons given
>answers are all "use a different language then"

>JS
>Atom
3/10 bait

Yes it is. Spend some time at a code competition site where people can submit solutions in any language. Time the C++ submissions versus ANYTHING else.

Here's what I've learned doing just that:
>java is slow
>python is either surprisingly decent or a dog
>haskell is slow
>scala is LOL slow
>c# is decent
>javascript is surprisingly decent most of the time
>c++ using std classes is pretty damn good
>c/c++ where the programmer didn't rely on classes but created optimum data structures?
>GOD TIER

And before you "hurr durr muh computers are so fast!" I've seen submissions were Java was two orders of magnitude slower than C implementing the same fucking algorithm. Add another 1-2 orders of magnitude when the C solution is optimal and the Java solution is Enterprise style.

Actually the question was "why does Sup Forums hate C?"

In other words why all the posts from Pajeets who think everything would be "safe" if it was written in Java.

Because it'll irritate people who do like it. 4chins is for shitposting and flame wars

>Stop shitting on a language because you're bad at it.
Stop believing you're good at a language because you implemented FizzBuzz once.
Stop using an unsafe language for security projects.
Stop using an unsafe language when your shit is public-facing.

>Actually the question was "why does Sup Forums hate C?"
Which is effectively the same as "Why are other languages liked more than C"

>Why does Sup Forums hate C?
>go use another language because X, Y and Z
But that's exactly what i'm doing lmao

My guess is that people got tricked into trying it out as the first language because it was commonly praised and got relieved when they started using more high-level languages,
But that's propably the minority, most people do not actually hate things they say they hate on the internet

>It's a small systems programming language for low-level systems programming, use another language for other types of development.

I don't think most people hate on C for being used as a low level systems programming language, but rather for being used for everything under the sun. IMNSHO people who decry other languages for simply not being C deserve to be shat on. We have myriad languages for a good reason.

>header files
literally worse than having a file for every Java class.

Install gentoo

How about why does Sup Forums have a boner for C and always calls C++ shit-c?

I only like C because it means I don't have to use assembly.