Can anybody recommend a good soldering set to me? I want to learn electronics repair for personal use. Also...

Can anybody recommend a good soldering set to me? I want to learn electronics repair for personal use. Also, what are some good resources/beginner projects? Pic unrelated.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Vastar-Full-110V-Soldering-Iron/dp/B01712N5C4/
edtracker.org.uk/
aliexpress.com/store/product/Electronic-Solddering-Iron-T12-K-T12-BC1-FX9501-Soldering-Handle-220v-70W-250c-450c-For-Soldering/1486111_32768454264.html
aliexpress.com/store/group/DIY-Soldering-Parts/1486111_504367701/1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump

Also op, ask /diy/ if Sup Forums can't answer

You're going to torture that bird with a soldering kit?

Fuck you.

>Pic unrelated
Yep, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

>go to amazon
>type soldering kit
>pick one with good ratings at a decent price

what is so hard here?

>pic
RMS's dick just went up.

FX888D

I was looking to spend under $40, any other suggestions for under that?

literally any $10 chinese one
amazon.com/Vastar-Full-110V-Soldering-Iron/dp/B01712N5C4/
have had it for 2 years use nearly every day

That būrd must be on some good acid.

check'd

you sick fuck

A cheapo weller won't let you down. Also try /diy/ since they're less retarded cunts. Higher standards == higher prices though.

Calm down, it's not even my bird.

Of course it isn't. You can't OWN a living creature, maaaaan.

I am also posting in this thread because I, too, would like to learn basic electronics. Would it be a good idea to just buy a load of surplus parts and try to put them together somehow? Is it a better idea to try to figure things out myself, or follow schematics to make actual projects? If the latter, where can I find a good list of such projects?

Get a Hakko FX-888 and some extra soldering iron tips

Let me explain how I learned in an image. My dad gave me one of those when I was 5 and it just KEPT GOING. They don't explain shit for theory though, I dunno if there's an intermediary between toy kiddy stuff and like intro uni courses

Get a Hakko 888d. You're just pissing money away buying anything less.

Do you know which colour corresponds to which number when components have those coloured lines on? That seems like quite a basic thing which makes absolutely no sense to me; if you know that, then that's probably enough theory to entertain me for now.

Happy days user. I had the Radio Shack 150 in 1.

I think the equivalent is probably to get an Arudino set with lots of components and a protoboard. Its the same thing really and you can get dual-in-line Vero if you want to copy a design over.

For a project, I recommend making one of these because its fairly modest but the result is quite good fun to play with: edtracker.org.uk/

I legit don't remember, they were numbered. I've since graduated to big boy breadboards.

Wellers are expensive, but the quality lasts.

get a katsu clone, literally the exact same iron but cheaper

Bump for interest dude, I am interested in doing the same.

Cute birdo :)

aliexpress.com/store/product/Electronic-Solddering-Iron-T12-K-T12-BC1-FX9501-Soldering-Handle-220v-70W-250c-450c-For-Soldering/1486111_32768454264.html
aliexpress.com/store/group/DIY-Soldering-Parts/1486111_504367701/1.html
Plus any used 19v 3A+ notebook power supply.

>3.5 stars
I'd rather die, user.