What's your excuse for not using the best web browser on the market?

What's your excuse for not using the best web browser on the market?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterfox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Anyone with 1+ GB can afford to run a faster browser.

I am

I'm using nightly

B O T N E T

[citation needed]

>company is going to shitter
>let's add memetastic texts to the main page :^)

Oh because i am sure it takes them tons of resources to do so!

Thats all lies though, Firefox connects to GOOGLE servers by default for safebrowsing which it checks locally. It doesn't connect to websites, it connects to DNS servers to ask for the IP of those websites. No idea where the file downloading thing is coming from.

>HUR HERE YouZ GOES WEBRTC SO WE CAN TR-I-MEAN HELP YOU INTERRNETS BETTER
>HURR HEREE YOU GO MORE SJW SHITT BECASUSE #NOTMYPRESIDENT
>HERRRRURRR HERRE U GO OLD KODE BECAUSE WEE REFUSEE TO USE NEW TECHNOLOGY WE JUST GLUE THE BROWSER TOGETHER
>HURRRRR NO MORE ADD ON, GAYSLOL!
>HURRRR MOBILE PLATFORM GUYZZ

>you will never have a lean, mean, firefox machine
>the whole internet is a botnet
>everything tracks you
>the nsa knows everything
>the jews are gonna getcha

I am.

>speed is the only metric of how good a browser is
Quit being retarded. I'd use Firefox with an arbitrary 5 second delay each time a page is loaded before I used Chrome.

I use it as a compromised browser, chromium for general browsing, and chrome for botnet activities, each configured for their purpose.

Firefox literally gets slower and more unstable with every update.

I do, though.

Nah, just have to re-do your fix configs once per profile and it's set. You DO reconfigure firefox don't you?

>J̴̨͡O̵̧͟Į̶̨Ǹ̡͞ ̷͘̕͟U͡͠S̵̀͘S̶̢̕͝S̴̡͜͡͠S̷͢Ś̡́͘Ś̵̷S̴͘S̷͞͞S̶̛S̴̨͘͠S̷͢S̵͟͟͝͝S̸̸̀͢S̸̶̡̀͢Ş̵̶Ś̨S͟͢ ̸̷̧̕͘JO̶Į̀͟N̢̡͜ ̧̀̕Ś̨͡A̸̡̛͝͡Ţ̧͝A͝͝Ǹ͘̕͡͞ ̸͘H̡̛́Ę̷̸͘͢H̢͘͟ǴH͜͠A̷͟͟͜Ŕ̀͝G̸̛̛G̸͢G̨͠G̸̷̡̡Ǵ̷́H͟H̴̸͘H̸̢͡͠

this is a literal lie told by google marketers

Just made the switch today. If Firefox is going to kill itself I might as well jump ship from it sooner rather than later.

this

These seem like fair points but I'd still like some evidence. Posting pictures without evidence is a red flag

if i'm not mr. vivaldis friends can i still use the browser?

It's just a Chrome image with Firefox logos pasted over the Chrome ones

But I've been using it for the last 12 years, user

Some of the points are legit but wrong, others are wrong but also bullshit.

Still see my 'saved telemetry pings' folder get modified all the time despite 'disabling' anything related to such things long ago

Same, but thats probly just them doing some init stuff. They're never full. I've tried to +i a lot of the profile and I think only places.sqlite really really breaks things when it's not writable.

Every browser has stagnated. I remember when Firefox used to crank out new features and play with new designs. I remember when Chrome was a speedy browser instead of a fat, complacent piece of shit.

We're in hell.

>using the smiley with a carat nose

I already use qutebrowser

You can disable that "protection".
It doesn't ask me to connect to account.
All browsers allow websites to connect in the background wit their default settings.
It's still a shit browser.

More or less botnet.

I am, though.
Since they are removing support for everything but web extensions, I'll need to change browsers soon and that really doesn't sit right with me. Firefox was fantastic, a true power users' browser. Reducing it to Chrome's limited feature set for limited users is the worst decision Mozilla made in years.
People aren't using Chrome because of its shittyness, they are using it despite its shittyness. I wish they'd notice that.
Heres hoping that qutebrowser will continue to get better, so I can leave Firefox ESR with vimperator behind.

>Since they are removing support for everything but web extensions, I'll need to change browsers
Why? How do web extensions affect you? All your plugins will still be available (if they are ported). Mozilla is developing new APIs for stuff that wasn't possible before.

In it's current state, web extensions can't even handle half the features vimperator needs to function. Since most of them would only be needed by Vimperator, it's safe to say they won't ever get implemented.
At this point it's less work to implement Vimperator in a completely new Browser from scratch, than to modify Firefox to be able to run it as a web extension.

I use Firefox and admit it's slow, however I'm concerned slightly for my privacy.
Even though I don't care much about it at all, at the same time am afraid of the rumors of just using a botnet browser like I don't care at all!

There's also functionality in Firefox. Exclusive addons and customization you can't achieve with Chrome's menu UI.

also while I'm on Sup Forums does anyone know how to make win explorer thumbnails show up for .webms
i have like 50 downloaded and i have to filename them but it'd be a lot faster to meme if i had thumbnails
i'm sorta kinda a big shot you see, i own a facebook meme page

That's not Waterfox.

Exactly.

>waterfox
placebo shit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waterfox

>Before I used Chrome
>Using Chrome with different appearance

Shiggy

You're being retarded.
What does any browser have that chrome doesn't?

Where did I say anything about using a Chromium based browser?

The two big ones are that Chrome doesn't support sidetabs and you simply cannot make it look good.