What technology will create the next dot-com bubble?

what technology will create the next dot-com bubble?

memes

Drones

last one was 3d printing. now is vr

3D printing was a flop though
barely anybody except 3D printing nerds have one in their home

Probably the Internet of Informants.

Social media

the results of modern AI research.

this probably

aren't twitter, facebook, and goole+ all dying?

When VR and neural interfaces become one, and monitors/screens become less relevant.

Augmented reality.

It just needs a good, universally accepted platform like a fashionable pair of glasses, contacts, etc and the virtual world and the real world will merge.

Which will cause things that have lost out due to the net such as physical museums, physical stores etc to return to the forefront. Virtual TVs can be placed in waiting rooms etc, chairs can have names floating above them for who they belong to, cars with userdata over them etc.

Pokemon go was that thing before its time, similar to OnLive when it came to cloud streamed content etc. That was a popular fad, years will pass, then the tech will be everywhere.

You can see this with the rise of AI assistants.

Internet of things

>pokemon go was before its time

Web 3.0

Video games

The budgets of some games are already hitting the 100 million USD mark and rising while the consumer base isn't increasing fast enough (everybody already plays games) to keep up.

We're right now in a dying-off period where smaller companies are being shut down and large companies are stagnating into "tried and true" design choices with little to none innovation.

People mocked me when I said that about OnLive and Bitcoin too.

The problem is that game prices are decreasing. Prices of new games have been the same for years despite inflation. Increasing budgets and decreasing prices is unstable and I wouldn't be surprised to see something big happen soon.

>The budgets of some games are already hitting the 100 million USD mark and rising
Why?
It's easy to make good low-budget games.
Not as easy as making good high-budget games, but still pretty easy.

Jeez user, you're right. Call up activision and tell them your brilliant plan.

eth vs bitbay vs ark vs btc which is the future

>2020
>be me
>put my vr goggles on
>go on vr laptop on my vr arch distro
>go on Sup Forums catalog
> open up /tosg/ thread
>post rare terrys

but for reeelz, imagine vr Sup Forums

we an all hang out in vr

we have to make a vr internet in order to escape the datamining isps

sounds like hell

>POO

Nah. Triple A vidya has got it place like movie with its holywood. Normfags being normfags.

About OP, fintech esp p2p lending could face some serious trouble i guess.

Space flight technology. Much like the explosion of aircraft investment after the second world war, and in horseless carriages earlier in the century, new methods of transportation attract lots of investment once the technology becomes cheap enough, but nobody really knows how to make money with it until the bubble bursts and people have to find a way to pay for their ridiculous new technology.

alt coins

3d printing never happened, the products it makes are too shit, it's too expensive for materials, and the cheap options can't make anything actually worth using

vr is gonna flop, headsets are too bulky and limiting

3D printing for consumers that is.

It is still widely popular in industry and research. That is also because they can easily invest more money into it. 3D printing is expensive.