Cryptolocker

anyone know how to remove ransomware from a pc to decrypt files without paying?

Other urls found in this thread:

nomoreransom.org/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The malware author. Ask him.

Read sticky

kys

Cloudfags don't have this problem

Invent a quantum computer.

Freeze the PC and wait for the keys to leak.

Just wipe your disk and restore from backup.

>mfw all my backups are encrypted too

install gentoo

no really

1. Hope that it's not real ransomware, check your files by booting into a liveusb linux.
2. If your files are not accessible, you are fucked. You either pay or lose your files, those are your options.
3. In the future, use noscript and ublock when going online and don't listen to indians from microsoft who cold call you about viruses

Fun fact: Cryptolocker runs in Wine and can encrypt your home directory.

A great number of variants have already been broken- google the extension they use and 'dcryptor'

Regular data recovery also gets a high percentage for some as original files are merely deleted once the encrypted version has been saved

wait, do people actually get their files back after paying?

don't be silly. There is literally nothing to be gained from that.

unlink your home from wine

Some times yes. Sometimes no.

The people who make ransomeware don't want people to believe that paying would be pointless, so they usually unlock the files so people don't stop paying.

Try this site ---> nomoreransom.org/index.html

sometimes cryptolocker don't have a good implementations of cryptography,..but first you need to know the type of cryptovirus that you took.

if I were them I'd unlock half of the files and ask for more money. Like the metaphor of the archer that always shoots half the distance or something. so the money keeps flowing

Kek not bad, but I don't know if when people start knowing about this it will result in more money at the end of the day.

Though I know that some of them tell you that you don't need to pay to unlock the files, if you infect two of your friends kek.

How did you manage that user?

Ransomeware stayed dormant for a while just spreading itself without encrypting files, so when I made the backups, they were getting encrypted too, and when I noticed it was too late.

There's some that written bad, and uses the same key. You could find a stock photo in your encrypted stuff, assuming it's file by file encrypted, and get the key by comparing the two.

bump

>tell two of your friends what's going on
>infect them
>get your files back
>your friends restore from backup
It seems like a stupid business model

They have to pay first, not just get infected.