When did art died?

when did art died?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are they going to call the period after postmodernism?
Postpostmodernism?

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

Never

>Praxer University
No thanks

It's alive and well.
It always was 95% of shit, it's just that the shit from olden times has long been forgotten and only the masterpieces are remembered.

The list of arts was even expanded from the classical six to ten (10th being video games) in the past 100 years.

>The list of arts was even expanded from the classical six to ten (10th being video games

lol

>Da Vinci
>Rembrandt
>Rodin
>Vermeer
>Bierstad

spot the intruder

?
It's true though.
Pic is Miyamoto (the Zelda guy) being made a knight of Arts & Lettres by our minister of culture, about 10 years ago.

7th art was cinema, and so on.

lol how the fuck is trash like videogames art?

all these niggas high as shit dawg

modern art cuck detected

People said that about movies at first, too.
Videogames are the same as other art forms, 95% are shit but some masterpieces.
Never been moved to mirth, or manly tears, or frustration, by a videogame?

No

Bierstadt painted the Rockies in the 19th century you tard.
It's just shitty (old and shitty) and doesn't belong with the others.

>Never been moved to mirth, or manly tears, or frustration, by a videogame?
Nigga what kind of fucking fag cries form playing a videogame

It was never alive to begin with.

you mean the stuff young kid's play ?

Really?
The courthouse scene in Chrono Trigger? that sure had me laughing.
The end of SaGa Frontier II? couldn't help shedding a manly tear ("Grand-grandpa's anima? I sensed it ...")
If it can convey emotions that well, it's art alright. And since it does that through a new mean (playing, not watching or reading or listening) it's a new art.

Miyamoto, Reynal and the others sure deserve their knighthoods. I'm happy France recognizes them as artists.

>Nigga what kind of fucking fag cries form playing a videogame

Same kind of fucking fag who cries from hearing a symphony or watching a painting I guess

There are shitloads of good modern artists

Shut the fuck up "gamer". Christ, hurry up and grow out of your infantile hobby already.

Only Portal got me feeling something.

Perhaps you should send a letter to our minister of culture and "educate" him about art?
Maybe you can have his job after that.

Only thing that somehow gave me emotions in games were FF series soundtracks, mainly 4 6 and 7.
Also, Isaac Clarks face when he saw Unitologists.

Only American games are infantile. Like American movies for that matter.

After realism

>said the guy shitposting on a uruguayan fishing forum

FF5 has great soundtracks. "Battle of the big bridge".
FF9 too. And this one has good acting moments, too, with Vivi most notably.

Local politics does player a far larger in one's day-to-day life. If you want all the muslims out of your sight, you're better off petitioning your mayor than your senator.

Alternative family units aren't a good or bad thing either; they're an inevitable product of people having fewer children in general as the nations gains in wealth, and recognizing people that aren't straight but in monogamous relationships and wish to raise children.

As for identities I don't really know what to say. You can have two black men walking down the street and their experiences will be very different based on their socioeconomic status, sexuality and past history in general. I feel like recognizing this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

'Skepticism of progress,' I don't know who or what this refers to specifically. Is this a general trait of post-modern thought?

Games are not exempt of the "95% of ____ is shit" rule, of course.
If I may recommend something, do try Chrono Trigger and SFII if you missed them and like Square RPGs.

Skepticism of science is good, denial of science isn't.

>If you want all the muslims out of your sight

move to the countryside

they're gonna reboot the modernism bit, and it's be just 'modernism'

There's already Remodernism.