1800X hits 85C on 4.1 ghz

youtube.com/watch?v=I71ov8iiDP8

OK, and people actually believed when AMD told
> No perfectly fine our TDP is 95W

Jay run the cpu at merely 400mhz above stock and with a full custom water loop it easily hit 85C. Requires giant ammount of voltage, cant go past 4.1 ghz.

Where is your god now AMD
Jay even said
> Well a little hot, stay true to AMD

Other urls found in this thread:

community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/03/13/amd-ryzen-community-update
hwbot.org/hardware/processor/ryzen_7_1800x/
hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_6950x/
youtube.com/watch?v=RZS2XHcQdqA
pcworld.com/article/3180947/components-processors/ryzen-rumors-perception-vs-reality-with-amds-new-cpu.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You sound like a 15 year old who wishes this Jay was his older brother.

Op being dumb again...

Nah i was just thinking how poor AMD is, even with soldering, this shit is hot as hell

> Product gets hotter when you overclock and increase the voltage by a huge amount
How is this news?

>overclocking a 8 core chip on a motherboard known for having big problems
>surprised that it can't overclock that well

try overclocking a 6900k by any good amount without melting temperatures and report back here

Even intel 10 cores can hit higher frequency with lower voltage and temps. Amd is a piece of shit, good for cinebench only

As noted in the comments, Ryzen X chips have a 20°C offset on their temperatures, so it was actually running at 65°C. Jay has now confirmed this and intends to push further.

I'm sure you just didn't read the comments though, rather than wanting to mislead people.

-20C offset so 65C?

op btfo

LMAO
OP, delete your Sup Forums account.

> muh frequency
How's your Pentium 4 going?

Intelfag confirm to be illiterate

shrekt

He doesn't even realize that the temp might be wrong even in ryzen master. Ryzen hard shut off is 75C in hardware ffs and it doesn't idle anywhere near 60C, you can easily check if you just touch the heatsink..

The X series have a temp offset of 20 degrees you retarded faggots. Why do you think the R7 1700 can OC to 4GHz on the stock cooler at all?

People manage overlock 1700 to 4.0 with stock cooler. 85c for water cooler just... jay should shame not checking this

hivemind

could those temps be achieved on that noctua meme cooler or is it necessary a custom water loop so it doesn't go above 64°C @4.1GHz?

I also know that voltage is way too high, of course i'd be expecting less on a board that is not asus trash

was thinking to get asus, cuz am4/am3 socket compatibility. but dam they so shit

asus by the looks of it are having numerous problems with am4, they fixed some, but I still don't trust them for it

He's a self-proclaimed old-school overclocker and custom-loop pro but he never manages to do either properly, lol. The shilling was disgusting and his rant about people seeing through it was the last straw for me. Not that I watched much of his stuff, just the cheeky ones.

The z170a also had a ton of problems, like frequent and random reboots. Didn't get fixed until recently

HAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAH
FUUUUUUUGGGGGG OP
YOU KILL YOURSELF YET?

community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/03/13/amd-ryzen-community-update

The primary temperature reporting sensor of the AMD Ryzen™ processor is a sensor called “T Control,” or tCTL for short. The tCTL sensor is derived from the junction (Tj) temperature—the interface point between the die and heatspreader—but it may be offset on certain CPU models so that all models on the AM4 Platform have the same maximum tCTL value. This approach ensures that all AMD Ryzen™ processors have a consistent fan policy.

Specifically, the AMD Ryzen™ 7 1700X and 1800X carry a +20°C offset between the tCTL° (reported) temperature and the actual Tj° temperature. In the short term, users of the AMD Ryzen™ 1700X and 1800X can simply subtract 20°C to determine the true junction temperature of their processor. No arithmetic is required for the Ryzen 7 1700. Long term, we expect temperature monitoring software to better understand our tCTL offsets to report the junction temperature automatically.

The table below serves as an example of how the tCTL sensor can be interpreted in a hypothetical scenario where a Ryzen processor is operating at 38°C.

LITERALLY WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS EVEN MEAN?

fuck, you if didn't understand that why are you here?

There's literally no reason for the +20 on 1800X and 1700X and not do it on the 1700

Who is this faggot and why should I care?

did you design the cpus to know that? ryzen turns off at 75°C, so it can't possibly reach 85°C

You idiot, it litterally says in your own post that it's because it allows the fans to auto spin at the right RPM given the input temp for each CPU.

The higher TDP reports higher temps to the fans to make them cool more aggressively vs the lower TDP parts.

yea, and?
>just make the bios turn up shit more rather than give your hardware autism

you're one of those "moon landing was fake" guys right?

uhh no why do I give a fuck what people do on the moon

refer to this specifically this:
>You idiot

>making two BIOS's for the same motherboard, and you either have to exchange them manually or make code fuckery for it to work, because there are different processors with different thermal requirements instead of rigging the temp sensor accordingly on each processor

so you're more intelligent than hardware engineers?

you guys are the idiots
I have my fans on fucking max 24/7

Probably equally since I am an EE, dumbass.
if cpu == 1700X || 1800X

wew lad so hard

>I have my fans on fucking max 24/7
then you're clearly the only idiot here besides OP, and the biggest one by the looks of it

>not having your fans on max

pussy..

>lowering the life expectancy of the fans while making unnecessary noise
retard

you are an idiot

>lowering life expectancy

my newest fan is like 8 years old.. and my server's fans have been max non stop for about 5 years uptime

nice noise you got there, retard

>inb4 b-but it's far away/noise isolated

>literally no noise
>can watch a quiet movie and still be uninterrupted

guess I'll have to struggle to live now

He should use the Airplex EVO 1800 + 15 GT-15s

you're going to be a top grade retard until the day you die, so who cares? you're literally sperging out because a cpu reports temperatures wrong for a valid reason, while giving a retarded alternative to it

Oh boy this retard again? His last head to head video was pants on head retarded and now he doesn't even know about the 20 degree offset?

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE GET FREE SHIT AND VIEWS. THIS IS LITERALLY THEIR JOB AND THEY FUCK IT UP WHY

So the CPU gets hot and power hungry when you OC it?

Wow, it's almost as if it's fabbed from silicon microtransistors or something! Who'd use that?

not even that hot, 64°C on a water loop is pretty good for an 8 core overclocked

>making such a fuss about your autism fan noise
go to bed grumpy goy

doesn't make you any less retarded than before

I don't mind a retarded autist like you calling me retard, doesn't really mean anything

>needing 17 minutes to make up a response for that

>"huur durr I have a life i'm not like you"

good bye, little autist, keep living in your delusional "reality", and good luck

LOL

>Intel i7 7700K = 90C
>AMD Ryzen 1800X = 65C

OP BTFO
P

B
T
FO

especially when all the big youtubers (linustechtips, paul's hardware, hardwarecanucks, awesomesauce and jayztwocents) acts like 90C is normal for an overclocked i7 7700K, on custom water loop and AIO 280mm coolers

sorry I'm not on my computer atm, busy
do you need tissue?

>but gays it was actually marketed as being a hell-of-a-beast overclock-able CPU

said no one ever

1700X and 1800X have a +20C offset

So in reality it only hit 65C.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

Fucking brutal

Wtf I'm gonna buy 1600 then.

Did he subtract the 20 degrees or whatever from the temp as you should?

hwbot.org/hardware/processor/ryzen_7_1800x/
hwbot.org/hardware/processor/core_i7_6950x/
>100mhz
What did he mean by this?

you're a degenerate and hopefully inbred.

SIR PLES

OP here, I'm crying now

cucked

It's so they can use the exact same fans and fan control curve for all models.
The high end models that need more cooling get an offset. The lower end models don't.

Why would overclocking have improved in even the slightest since launch? The motherboards might have the benefit of more stable UEFI, but it wouldn't affect the temps or maximum clock speed available to the R7 chips. There's been no microcode updates or stepping changes to indicate better OC potential.

What a dumb fucking video.

Are Intel shills really the most retarded people in the entire universe?

It's the bentium vs athlon meme all over again. Jewtel is over

For the Nth time, the 1700X and 1800X do not use the same tJunction diode offset that the 1700 uses, and the real tJunction temp is 20C lower than reported

If everyone was a nigger you'd be the niggest.

New and improved version

85C - tj = 65C

Not, bad.

10/10

Meanwhile...

kek

Going full AMD next year. I should've gone AMD in 2010 but friend goaded me into getting an i7-920. On an i7-2600K since 2014 (used PC lol). It'll be nice to move back to AMD finally.

8 cores...

source pls

youtube.com/watch?v=RZS2XHcQdqA

Same here, I can't wait to get myself a nice shiny Free Sync screen paired with Vega and Ryzen. I am currently on a GTX970, 4670k meme.

>Posting ShillZ videos

Why wouldn't AMD's own software be taking this into account, anyway?

So does my 3570k, I had to delid it to rein back the temps.

I guess it's okay when Intel does it though.

Because AMD's software gives you raw data and only raw data that is how AMD likes it.

1800X and 1700X report 20C higher temperature to make motherboards spin fans faster for them.

pcworld.com/article/3180947/components-processors/ryzen-rumors-perception-vs-reality-with-amds-new-cpu.html