Is the Sansa Clip Plus with Rockbox still the greatest mp3 player of the decade?

Is the Sansa Clip Plus with Rockbox still the greatest mp3 player of the decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html
xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml
music.mcgill.ca/~hockman/documents/Pras_presentation2009.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And where can I get a cheap one?

On eBay a literal Israeli is selling them for $145

Nah. Sansa Clip marketers don't pay shills on Sup Forums anymore. Now it's all about DAPs. Keep up with the latest marketing shilling on Sup Forums brother.

Unfortunately yes. I stocked up on them when they discontinued the line. I have still 4 unused ones to go through (I'm too lazy to figure out how to change the battery so once it's gone I just crack open the next sansa).

I've got two of them, and rockbox is god tier.

you can't get them any more, the stocks ran out ages ago

the ones on ebay are used ones and refurbs (not all refurbs are stamped as refurb, if they didn't have to break the case apart they will not stamp it)

Hmm, do people really still use mp3 players? Can i make a quick buck from selling my old ZEN Micro?

Doing well still on its 4th year of heavy use.

yes, people still use mp3 players

people still use forks and spoons, even though sporks exists!

because forks are more efficient and so are mp3 players

doesn't sound like heavy use to me, I use mine about 10 hours a day and they last about 2 years before the battery is completely useless. I hope they come up with a new model by 2020.

Still have an unopened one lying around. Got my first one in 2013 and it hasn't disappointed me yet.

that's not how you spell zune

>insanely large
>no rockbox
>no clip
doa

That screen look so fucking tiny.
I really liked my ipod classic with rockbox, unfortunately broke it, now I'm using a sansa clip sport and it's pretty shit desu. But it holds sd cards and plays albums, I'd really like to get those nice rockbox queueing functions back though.

What is Benjie S5?

that's the point

the screen is functional and it's all you need, it's monochrome and low power, doesn't drain battery, cause interference or takes up as much space as a blingy colour one

that player is just a dac connected to a battery which is all you fucking need

it's a scalpel, not a swiss army knife

what is "no rockbox support"?

Seems like it would be pretty annoying to browse your library when you can only see like 5 lines at the same time. Although I get your point.

just buy a fiio x1/3/5

shuffle master race.

my phone is the best mp3 player you dumb fuck

I think I lost mine on gym this week. RIP. It was my second sansa clip+.

i got one boxed since 2011 (2gb model). I purchased a second one thinking that my main sansa will fail in 2 years but that shit is working nice with a 64gb msd.

Thanks for reminding me to search ebay, user.

Pretty sure that was a used one dude..

No it isn't.

What's the impedance on the output jack?
Have you seen its frequency response chart?
What's the noise level?

Eh, if it still works than I don't really care how beat up it is. And it does still work.

All irrelevant when you're using shitty little canalphones in a noisy enviroment like a normal human.

If you're using an MP3 player at home, you're doing it wrong and should be using a proper DAC and over ears.

No

If you're at home you should be using a speaker system.

100% certified pleb

No, just not a dumb faggot who thinks you need

You've drank too much head-fi kool aid.

As far as fidelity goes, in-ears > headphones > speakers.

But...
CD quality audio is 44.1 kHz, so that setting does nothing.

>thinking 24-bit makes a difference

you're on Sup Forums, audiophile placebo doesn't exist here

And as far as my dick goes, it's your dads ass > your mums ass > your sisters ass

If you're not throwing .5w RMS at proper over ear headphones with a 100mb+ FLAC you're a fucking skrub, just like you're a fucking skrub if you think you need anything more than than senn CX300 and any phone while on the move

>he didn't own a first gen shuffle
>laughing_whores.jpg

But there's no audible difference between FLAC and 92kbps OGG Vorbis.

Also, you can buy better plugs than CX300 at the same price, and they won't break within a year like all senh products do.

i still use my brown 30gb zune every day. i like its tactile controls for my car

Niggers, i'm full audiophile fag. 24bit DAC driving original, properly burned in ATH-M50s with shure pads, and way too much 24bit FLAC including this shit, pic related.

So when i fucking tell you that this MP3 player bullshit is a goddamn meme, it's a goddamn meme.
Buy decent quality in ear phones and use your phone, it does not matter for shit in any real use case.

But burn-in is a myth.
If burn in was real, they'd burn it in in the factory as part of the manufacturing process.

When your listening to something that accurately, are you able to notice any sloppy mixing/mastering/production in that metallica song that stands out?

No, the iPod Classic with an SSD is.

>that feel when your audio gear is more accurate than the audio producer's audio gear

not that guy but the burn-in seems more like psychological effect you pass through to know your headset

Nah fuck off nigger, you burn them in properly or you might as well shove dicks in your ear.

First gen M50s with shure replaced pads for a wider soundstage (and also not as uncomfortable as fuck like the stock ones), burned in at 25mw for 30, break for 5, 100mw for 30, break for 5, 150mw for 30, break for 5, and 200mw for 30 with the full 200+ coming immediately after as i rock the fuck out to 144mb of wherever i may roam, through a proper USB DAC set nice and flat.

The true way of doing things motherfucker

Not early metallica, but i'm able to notice that whoever mixed death magnetic needs to be taken out the back and put down like the 15yo mange infested mutt they fucking are

Burn-in is actually a thing, go ask car audio guys when they compare fresh subs.
Try to push 4-5,000w RMS through something factory new and you'll fuck it, needs time to let everything free up gradually.

Same thing on a smaller scale for headphones, although anyone who claims to notice the difference between a 30 minute burn in and a 30 hour one is a lying fuck

>tfw only 1 backup

Why the fuck don't the rockbox devs make their own player?

doubles as a flash drive. unfortunately 1gb is the largest one

Cost lad

>Niggers, i'm full audiophile fag
you;re a fag alright

I'm using a shittier new Sansa Clip for when I jog. Didn't even install rockbox, everything else I use my phone.

>tfw this is a picture I posted

>whenn you bought a clip+ for $20
Feels good man.

>needs time to let everything free up gradually.
Top fucking kek. It takes 10 minutes for your ears to get used to shit. "Burn-in" is a meme.
T. Electrical engineer

What does Rockbox chage?

The firmware

>mp3

...and?
is it any better than orginal one?
Is it worth installing it on xduoo x3?
ayy

>audiophile
>with bad taste in music
really makes you think

Autism

The only devices I've used where the stock firmware was better than Rockbox are iPods so most likely, yes.

how quickly does OGG Vorbis degrade, is the loss as bad as it is with mp3?

I bet you listen to kpop or some bullshit like that

No, the reason why ogg vorbis is so much better than mp3 is because it has meta-information built in that helps the decoder restore any corrupted or missing information on the fly. (also the reason it drains more battery than mp3)
So, even if you are experiencing heavy infretterence, the decoder should be able to re-build the original signal
Needless to mention, same applies to rotational velocidensity.
I think the upper limit for when the signal starts really degrading is about 10 years, which is not a problem in most cases, since HDDs fail within that time frame, and SSDs even faster (about 2 years)

even if I did listen to kpop I would still have better taste than you lad

Nah

>that player is just a dac connected to a battery
Why didn't I know this FUCK
I thought it was just a cute mp3 meme machine

Well, it technically has a display too.
And buttons and stuff.
And a microprocessor.
and some RAM.

>Audiofag
>ATH-M50

Stop this retarded meme, they're fine.

They sound like shit you Reddit fuck I'll fight you

Sup Forums seriously used to jerk off all over M50s 5 or 6 years ago; people just started pretending to hate them once the price went up and they became a meme in other parts of the internet.

>price went up
Stop ruining my day honestly

>tfw I have a bnib clip zip to replace the one that I use if it ever breaks

I still have a clip+ that's about 7 years old now. My only complaint is that the flimsy clip cracked and broke off of the back.

My daddy wants me to shop for some wireless headphones he can mow the lawn with.

Is pic related okay, or is there something better?

>ATH-M50s
hahaha you idiot

also
xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

xiph.org/video/vid2.shtml

music.mcgill.ca/~hockman/documents/Pras_presentation2009.pdf

actual audiofag spotted

AGPtek Rocker, rockbox is being ported. No FM radio though.

I got a 3d printer, I'm honestly going to attack it to a small power bank when it dies and make a case for it.