The state of Windows in 2017

>plug in a USB mouse
>"Installing Driver Software" for 30 seconds as Windows ploughs through Windows Update for a driver for a fucking mouse

>remove USB mouse
>plug in USB mouse in another USB port of the same computer
>"Installing Driver Software" for yet another 30 seconds as Windows ploughs through Windows Update to find and install the same drivers for a fucking USB mouse

Seriously who wrote this joke OS?

Other urls found in this thread:

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3006720/microsoft-stops-kaby-lake-and-ryzen-machines-from-updating-windows-7-and-81
glass8.eu/
classicshell.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Serious question: why DOES Windows do this for every port instead of using the driver for a per-device basis instead of per-hub basis?

because Microsoft is fucking retarded and has zero (0) incentive to not be. They are making bank. Why change?

every port has a unique ID number, idiot
every
port

it's like going to a different checkout line when you're grocery shopping, they already know you use a rewards card, but each cashier is different
>oh shit, i forgot Sup Forums doesn't get groceries

>Windows 7

Windows 10 doesn't have this issue

>why DOES Windows do this for every port instead of using the driver for a per-device basis instead of per-hub basis?

Why does Windows read and iterate through all the files you want to delete before actually deleting them?

Why does Windows still fragment NTFS like crazy when your disk is only 10% full?

Why does Windows still unable to scroll a window that is not in focus?

I get that but why not just use the same driver if it's the same exact device? Linux and OSX don't need to install the same driver for every port.

>unironically using Windows Botnet Edition

>Why does Windows still unable to scroll a window that is not in focus?
windows 10 can

Linux and OS X also have no fucking software.

>scrolling windows not in focus
I do this all the time in Win 10????

Not using the supreme OS

How do you ironically use windows 10?

Because it's fucking windows, what do you expect in an OS based on advertising

>Linux and OS X also have no fucking software.
DELET
THIS
IMMEDIATELY

This is literally the only thing I like about 10 after using 7 for so long.

Shit, didn't they fix that yet? Fucking kek.

>OS X and Linux lack my generic shitty call of duty like FPS vidya so it's shit lol

- Linux is a kernel, the correct operating system name is GNU/Linux.

- OS X is deprecated, it's called macOS.

lol windows

switch to GNU/gentoo, fag

kys yourself.

>shifting goalposts

Macfags and lincucks on suicide watch

They did. It's called Win 10

better than the NSA watch amirite

>It lacks my generic shitty call of duty like FPS vidya so it's shit lol

Damage control

OS X is a locked down hunk of junk with no software.

Linux has enough to rival windows at this point. Microsoft's own attempts at a PC market place are going to hurt their software environment as well, chopping down what you can do while free software takes over.
Poweruser shit has surpassed almost all Windows software as well.

It turns out if your software is free and can be scripted in terminal everything becomes inter-operable and GUI usability is only a few steps from.

Linux does not do this.
Plug in mouse, just Werks™
Plug in microphone just Werks™
Plug in webcam, just Werks™

No matter what port used, just Werks™.

No bullshit installing drivers notifications. just Werks™ instantly.

>oh no, it takes 30s to install a driver for a new peripheral, now my workflow of installing and then removing 2000 different types of mouse each day is completely ruined!

Not about the time it takes. It's about how inane it is to install a new driver for each port for each device. Plug in a webcam in port one, installs drivers. PLug in a mic port one, installs drivers. It's fucking silly and useless.

>be linux user
>plug in a USB mouse
>it doesn't work

Plug in Pascal graphics card, just entire OS shits itself with no video output at all, not even text ™

You might need this.
>apt install xserver-xorg-input-*

theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3006720/microsoft-stops-kaby-lake-and-ryzen-machines-from-updating-windows-7-and-81

Get fucked, wincuck

And how does that answer his question, retard?

If that was true I would use Linux in a heartbeat.

It's a rather stupid and irrelevant complaint, considering how it will pretty much never interfere with any scenario that actually involves actually using the computer.

You dropped something.

>be linux user
>plug in a Keyboard
>it doesn't work

>complaining about a company wanting to move away from updating outdated software when Win10 is still free.
Lmfao

Said no one ever

>samefagging
>being this mad

Normie's don't script, can't into anything past "insert disk into drive"

Linux does not have the same enterprise support for workstations.

Top two reasons why Linux distros won't be able to compete. Solve this and you will have a contender.

>The state of Windows in 2017
Shit, if it didn't have the best IDE (Visual Studio) available... me and a lot of the people I know would give it up.

>be Linux user
>nothing "just werks"
People actually support this shit

>Windows 7 on extended support till 2020, Win8 till 2023
>lolno deprecated fuk u

C U C K
U
C
K

i like how its instantly usable on GNU/Linux

Actually its real. I had ubuntu installation and i had to use my Logitech MX 5500 keyboard + mouse combo. And it doesn't work out of the box. I grab my phone and ask in ubuntu forums, those faggots just told me to write stuff in terminal knowing i have no keyboard. Went back to windows 7 and everything was fine.

i love your envy for windows, the best operating system of all time. i love it.

>Normie's don't script, can't into anything past "insert disk into drive"
True. Hence the GUI works over the scripts, limiting you but making new operations run very quickly for someone inexperienced. Plenty out there.
>Don't like QEMU-KVM terminal: Get virt-manager!

>Linux does not have the same enterprise support for workstations.
Redhat.

X is also pretty shit, it works fine in general but it has a lot of little issues and quirks that make the Linux desktop experience worse than Windows when they all add up.

Hopefully Wayland becomes widely supported soon.

Saying the same thing over and over won't make it true

>ubuntu

Sorry, we're talking about linux, boy.

Redhat has nowhere near the enterprise support windows has. Whole different league.

Existing =/ the same level. That is the number one reason why businesses choose windows for workstations/pos machines/etc choose windows, and pay insane licensing fees.

I use Linux, and it's just the damn truth.

thats good. keeps the retards away from GNU/Linux

Hey, that's fine too.

But without the retardbux you will never dethrone windows. I'm fine with that.

>can't use a text editor to comment out three fucking lines

Get out of the gene pool.

>those faggots just told me to write stuff in terminal knowing i have no keyboard
Top lel, did you expect to fix your computer by not interacting with it at all? Did you want to fix it by invoking a shamanistic chant, on your knees in front of the computer or something?

This is Sup Forums average linux user i saw on those ubuntu forums. How do you expect me to write stuff without a working keyboard fucking faggot.

I can tell you that all of the CAD and Simulation work stations at the car factory here run linux (although I think it's redhat).

Also normies don't have any confidence. They just need someone to push them a little and they will pick it up quickly.

Software is still the biggest concern. It's the reason why I still use macOS. I have ubuntu in virtualbox (because it's easier to code in there and then export to embedded devices). But regular non-coding programs I can't get in linux. ie Solidworks, Creo, Inventor, Adobe, but steam is actually really good.

>what is copy and paste

*SSH's internally*

I expect a basic keyboard and mouse work when i plug it in to my computer, which exactly works fine with windows 7

pls stop

>I can tell you that all of the CAD and Simulation work stations at the car factory here run linux (although I think it's redhat).

Sure, I'll believe you, but that OS the real minority for business environment.

Normies want ease of use, that's it.

others can use whatever they want as long as i dont have to use it.

Easier to plug in a different keyboard than it is to teach a normalfag to use SSH from a phone or a different Windows computer. Does Ubuntu even come with an SSH server running by default on a fresh install?

linux has dota2 which is the only game most people play

Yeah those f*cking normies XD, glad I am le red pilled so I can purposefully make even the simplest of shit more complicated to fit in here!

Get a $5 keyboard and fix it. You must be one of those fags who go out of their way to pirate shit on Windows but are too scared of typing a line of text in a black screen.

...wut.

my argument is Linux will never gain marketshare without appealing to Normies and gaining significant enterprise level support

Get over yourself: both terms are used, and there are plenty of distributions with significant contributions from people other than GNU.

Both GNU/Linux and just Linux refer to the same thing, unless the context of specifically "the kernel".

That's not league of legends.

I think you must be one of those fags who lacks reading comprehension.

>use an outdated OS
>hurr why is this so out of date, fucking M$

Thankfully, Yes. The problem is when people don't remember their computer names so they can't do the "ssh name.local" and end up on an ip hunt.

Or that replied to the wrong post.

>meant to

user, Linux IS just the kernel; Linus wrote nothing else called "Linux".

>change display cable
>X crashes

what is this hacked png? how.

>Or that replied to the wrong post.
True, also a possibility

Microsoft is only doing security updates for W7 and 8.2, which is silly since 8.1 is still technically supported, so it should get feature updates still. Most of the complaints ITT are about 7, these are issues fixed in 8.1 and 10. People are complaining about an outdated OS not having the latest features, this is the state of Sup Forums in 2017. You may as well complain that XP doesn't have the latest driver support.

>Not GNU/Werks

Didn't even consider that, yeah. I've had all my wired systems configured either with static IPs or DHCP reservations for ages.

It's literally true. All modern distros (I mean probably not arch because y'know) can do it out of the bag. Fucking amazing.

Some autistic dude spent like a year writing a couple hundred webcam drivers for instance.

The USB system of windows 10 is greatly improved. I hope the Win 7 in your screenshot isn't literally meant, OP, because that would be like complaining about the "state of music in 2017" because vinyl records can be scratched.

on the internetz nobody knows you're a couple of doggerinos

This only happens to me during a board of directors meeting and it interrupts their powerpoint, and I have to stand there like an idiot after they called me in.

So Windows is just doing the exact same thing it's been doing since Win XP and earlier?

I guess you're still using XP then?

at least it isn't linux

>plug in hardware
>oops it isn't supported because its propriety
>read through dozens of forums, blogposts and github logs to find an adequate driver.
>system then gets BTFO for installing the wrong version of the driver.

happens on 7/10 of the computers i've owned

>All modern distros (I mean probably not arch because y'know) can do it out of the bag.
It's probably better to start saying "all modern distros designed to work out of the bag work out of the bag." Arch, Gentoo, and similar minimal distros work out of the bag, but typically you still want to set up additional software which requires more tweaking.

I am, why wouldn't I? Lots of new software still supports it.

I keep it in a VM for my ham radio.

>no fucking software
Except for, you know, all the fucking software

Red Hat, Inc. has deposited $1 into your account.

>having to fix something just to use a keyboard

Never happened to me? You might have some shit fucked up.

Still a bad OS though, I agree.

did you fuck up your gentoo installation again?
it's okay, maybe next time

Hey mates, i got a problem or something like that. I don't know what is that folder(?) or space, i can interact whit it, it says "expand all folders" like a library but nothing happens.

It's a virus or i can kill it w/o one? the thing is, i don't have an anti virus for quite a while. Help, any advise?

20 years late, they managed to add this brilliant feature in Windows 10.

I have the same fucking issue with USB in Win7, except something is corrupted so that my external keyboard only works from 1 specific USB port in my laptop. The other 3 USB ports don't even register the keyboard.

Adding and removing a HDMI cable if I am in full screen mode results in BSOD.

There is also something fucked up with power management in Windows that causes my laptop to reboot randomly where it completely loses power
I know this is in OS issue because if I set CPU power to 99% in power management, it never reboots like that.

I could fix so many issues by upgrading to Windows10, but fuck me I hate the GUI.

>I could fix so many issues by upgrading to Windows10, but fuck me I hate the GUI.
glass8.eu/
classicshell.net/
Get WindowBlinds and a Win7 theme.
Install Windows 7 File Explorer.

Or just install Gentoo.

>not going through self-checkout every time
What the fuck is wrong with you? Do you really need your hand held while checking out of the supermarket?