Gnome finally implements a feature

>gnome finally implements a feature
>the most basic adjustment possible is missing

How could they not have put in a temperature slider? Would having this one extra feature really be that horrible?

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154&
github.com/corna/me_cleaner
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>still no thumbnail view in file picker
>the bug was filed in 2004
>it's now 2017

>redshift

Thought the same when I saw it
They are obviously mentally retarded

Has no future because wayland

What's the slider at the bottom?

>listening to misogynist racist trolls from 4chin
I hope they never implement it.

Here's what it looks like in the final version. It just shows you when it's gonna change the temparature. Not terribly useful.

>Night Light
kek... they added a feature for toddlers.

Windows = Night Light
GNOME = Night Light
macOS = Night Shift

only apple thinks of people actually working on their computers.

That just shows the current time in the cycle

this is a very stupid feature. i want to see colors like they were originally made and not some weird shit that makes it blue or shit colored

protip: unless your monitor hass good color reproduction and is properly calibrated, you won't be seeing the colors the content creators wanted you to see anyway.

>i want to see colors like they were originally made
>implying you can

using wrong color temp does not make it any better tho

> Proprietary Software
Kys, faggot

Great! That's another feature slapped on Gnome's already bloated source code while the minimalist program redshift has been doing the exact same thing better for ages.

Flux and redshift are going to die when Wayland finally comes. wlc and sway people have been working on a protocol extension for redshift, but so far only sway implements it.

see

why do you want your screen to look like piss?

It is the way of GNOME nowadays. The most basic shit is always gone for no reason. It's as they try to piss off users intentionally.

Let me guess:
>that would confuse the users
t. gnome team

Reminder that you don't need any redshit if your display is properly calibrated and not too bright

Basically this, it's gnome devs' main reason for removing features.

>absent feature is a bug

What a waste of trips

>There are "people" still insisting on using GNOME in the current year

Explain yourselves.

maybe they like mobile uis and bloat

I don't know why anyoen would willingly use anything based on GNOME 3

flock to forks like MATE or alternatives like KDE the same way KDEfags had to when KDE 4 came out and was a monumental turd

Programmers designing software is like construction workers designing architecture.

Programmers are laborers who think they're artists. They lack the designer mentality: "how do I make this usable, functional, pleasant and pretty?". They probably don't care because they don't even use the software they make.

AKA Night Placebo.

>They probably don't care because they don't even use the software they make.
Of course. Today software are designed by people who don't know how to use a computer for people who don't know how to use a computer.

You don't get it.

>Programmers designing software
As i see W10 shows GUI/UX gurus lack of sanity too.

use flux then

I've always thought that the way to Zen is complete decentralization of everything.

Everyone should have their own, personal, 1 household scale means of production, to create products that fit their life and use.

I want to print my own cellphone without NSA backdoors REE

Knowing the devs, they probably hid the real settings in the horribly unwieldy gconf editor.

This. I made a website and pretty much gave up on thinking of elaborate colour schemes when every time I looked at it on my phone the colours gave me nausea.

>>absent feature is a bug

Then why haven't they closed it as invalid? Why is it still open after thirteen years?

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154&

>using linux even though wikileaks proved the botnet is at the literal cpu level bypassing any OS you use

Use this
github.com/corna/me_cleaner

What's stopping us from rewriting the gtk file chooser widget? If funding is necessary to sponsor the fix/rewrite we users can arrange. If I knew programming (If I knew C) I would rewrite the widget, but I am just an end-user. With due respect I sincerely urge the developer to invest in this particular issue. I would also like to remind that not only GNOME uses GTK+, many, many more free and open source software uses it and all of them have this same issue. Please do not let the users down. Thank you.
-Anony_

Botnet

>anything that uses location info is botnet hurrr

kys

>us
Whats stopping anyone from developing on gnome is that they'll just break their APIs next week anyway.

Wait what, is that true? Sources? Links?

It's been true for a decade and it was never a secret.

Privacy isn't all or nothing.