Has anyone tried doing character modeling in free software that isn't blender...

Has anyone tried doing character modeling in free software that isn't blender? I'm wondering about using makehuman to knock out a primitive, and then refine it using some sort of sculpting environment

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NypRE2aFhh4
youtube.com/watch?v=YQXiiVQZoPM
developer.blender.org/T43388
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

have u tried updoc?

BAKA

can you tell me more about updoc?

Please don't reply unless you're contributing to the thread

every reply is a contribution to the thread

Anime stuffs are so nice.

Have you tried Blender?

agreed, friend. that's why i want to make my own custom ball-jointed doll. to do that, though, i need to make a solid model! i don't have any artistic skills and i am not going to learn blender so i'm looking for ideas. any thoughts?

Nope, sorry. I wish you luck!!

>mouth

Learn blender you lazy fuck.
Also

Erio, my wife, is way too cute.

That's a really cute model, but I am NOT learning blender. Maybe fusion360 which actually has a tolerable UI, but is non-free

>a tolerable UI
No UI is best UI.
You're not going to get very far if a software's UI is your first concern. Also the software doesn't matter that much, what you'll spend the most time learning will be modeling techniques and technical details.

lol this is why freetard software will always be garbage

Enjoy your 2321367 modal windows constantly hiding what you're working on.

mate i work with cad packages freaking daily. blender is garbo and i'm not learning it

enjoy no one using your stuff because people without autism aren't going to memorize 1000 keybinds just to make something usable

the problem with blender isn't the shortcuts it's the everything

Ok, good luck doing organic modeling on your CAD shit.

That's not very specific.

neither is the scope of blender's problems

youtube.com/watch?v=NypRE2aFhh4 hmmm

Because he can't make specific criticism without having actually used the software.

So you are here only to shitpost, got it.

youtube.com/watch?v=YQXiiVQZoPM hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
hmmm

Blender's renderer causes AA artifacts when baking texture maps

Which one? BI or Cycles? Never had this problem personally but I only bake normal maps.

nerd

this is my face when people try to troll me into using blender

We tried to help you. Use whatever you want.

developer.blender.org/T43388

Oh, they've solved it since then.
Maybe NOW I can finally migrate to GNU/Linux.

This is my face when I'm honestly trying to help someone but they completely ignore my advice because they got memed into believing something that is completely wrong.

this is my mfw when your a dumb freetard

Your fault for asking on freetard central instead of the dedicated 3D board you didn't know about because you've only been on this site since last summer.

your dumb, don't reply to my posts

please do NOT be rude in my thread desktop-chan this is a place for discussing character moldeling wit free tools that arent blender

>free tools that arent blender
Elevens love metasequoia, I think it's free as in free beer.