What the hell is up with the US and ice at their hotels/motels?

What the hell is up with the US and ice at their hotels/motels?
I have seen so many references to it on tv shows, movies etc. but what the hell are they doing with fucking ice in a hotel? It doesn't even seem hygienically sound to use it for drinks or what ever.

Is it really that common? What are you doing with it, murricans?

>pic related, last reference I have seen about it in Homeland where a fucking BOY that shares a room with his sister gets ice

to cool drinks to preserve body parts ya know normal stuff

Pretty sure their would be some more effective way to do that...

well it is mostly to cool your beverage what amenties do you guys have in your hotels / motels

in the netherlands they have prostitute dispensers

kek

they are in a disenser like a fountain drink it is rather ok hygienically \

it pretty much in very motel hotel
in a hotel it is in a room

>Is it really that common?
Literally every hotel will have them, usually several per floor
>What are you doing with it, murricans?
I'm going to make ice water with it. Maybe some cocktails.

Well... we normally just got a fridge in every room.

In your room you will have like a small bucket thing with a lid that you can go down the hallway or something outside your room and there is an ice dispenser to put your ice in it to cool drinks and shit.

At high class hotels you put it in a bucket so you can cool your campaign

we have that to plus a microwave

This looks ok. But the pic in the first post it is just some bucket with ice in it with a big flap on top. So everyone could piss in it or what ever. Nothing you could use in a drink...

>putting ice in your cocktails

because in your pic he is staying in a motel

shitty road side motels are common settings in film here, cause people relate them to shady business/people trying to hide.

i figure it warped your perception actual life here a bit.

>But the pic in the first post it is just some bucket with ice in it with a big flap on top. So everyone could piss in it or what ever. Nothing you could use in a drink...
I've never seen that style tbqh and I stay in hotels ~48 weeks a year (travel for work).

An American would immediately interpret your pic as being a very run down, cheap place to stay. The kind of place you would rent if you were on the run or having an affair or something.

Depends on the type of drink. I more meant a mixed drink and not necessarily a "cocktail" if you know what I mean.

So it really just is to cool drinks and use it in your drinks when it is hygienically sound to use it?

yes or you can use the ice to cool diabetes meds or for kinky ice sex

>AMERICANS ARE LIKE THEIR TV SHOWS
>I YERP I SMERT

Never seen somebody use it in a drink honestly, but every ice machine I've see are basically just refrigerator ice dispensers.

remember most ice machines are dispennsers so it is more hygenic

another question, why do you guys never finish your food? like, you sit down, shuffle it around with your forks and then leave

i use the ice machine to cool my drinks

Ok. Just doesn't seem very effective. But I guess energy is just cheap enough to don't really care in the US.

Well you see it everywhere, not just in one or two movies. Just like Germans being Nazis, and you know...

They film the same scene from different angles so the actors need to have roughly the same amount of food for every take or it looks weird.

>So it really just is to cool drinks and use it in your drinks when it is hygienically sound to use it?
Yeah, in your example I might stick my beer in the ice to cool it down but the ice wouldn't go in my drink unless it came directly from the machine to my ice bucket. Ice buckets will have replaceable liners (basically small garbage bag) to ensure its sanitary.

>Asking about something foreign to you on an international image board is dumb
eat a dick

>He doesn't have an electric water colder like we have in europe

it is grating though, the same people that will call us ignorant just for being americans will internalize everything they see in tv shows and movies to be real life here. that is very ignorant.

They have multiple takes, actors either chew and spit into buckets or just pretend to eat and move stuff around on the plate with each take. Once you notice this you'll never unsee it

why would we need such a thing? we have ice

I use it to cool my feet after a hot day of driving (hence why theyre in motels in the middle of nowhere). The leftover water that my pores don't soak up I simply throw back onto the ice in the cooler for other people to use. Europeans waste too much water.

>"Who needs a freezer, we have ice"

I mean people generally aren't bringing bags of groceries with them to hotels, at most it's usually some drinks

tell me how the fuck you manage to make ice without a freezer

Well... as it seems in this thread ice dispensers a really a thing.

look genius most hotels/motels have mini fridge

>there are foreigners in 2016 who think movies are what actual life in America is like

Is everyone outside of the USA autistic or what?

>tell me how the fuck you manage to make ice without a freezer
that's the point he was making you fucking mongoloid.

The ice is for cooling your booze, it has been stated already in this thread

>that one american who sucks foreign cock

If you ever see a movie with Germans drinking beer or eating Schnitzel... you really can believe what you see, trust me.

The ice maker is outside in the hallway so you have an excuse to leave the hooker in the room before you pay her.
>I'll be right back sugar, just need some ice

This man gets it

>"just need some ice"
>"Why do you need ice? Who says that? It doesn't make sense"

kek but what will you do when she offers to get the ice for you and she comes back with the ice and her pimp?

Of course it doesn't make sense to you windblasted ass pirates since everything in your sucky country is already 2 degress below zero.

Or annexing things, or graverobbing to build a person out of body parts, or...

>hooker leaves to get ice
>slip out a window

Its like you've never played spidey-hooker-hidey before m8

yes im sure your average whore thinks farther than 2 steps ahead

Nobody would pick the German hooker anyway.

you tell em aussie bro

>Be australian
>Go to get ice
>Ice fails to load
>Clip thorugh wall
>ssssshhhhhwwww
>Random battle with spider

If she steps out of the room without getting paid I'm deadbolting the door and putting on the swing lock. Problem solved.

this guy literally coming in here to save the day

this is why australia is our best ally

but you have to come out some time what if they are waiting for you?

>but you have to come out some time what if they are waiting for you?
Call the hotel front desk and say there are strange people outside my room.

what if the desk clerk is paid off? what say you now user

call the cops and tell them there are strange people outside my hotel room

what if the whore says you had sex with her ? then you go to jail too user

Who are the cops going to believe, a hooker or a senator?

Ooops. Ignore that.

>what if the whore says you had sex with her ? then you go to jail too user
It's not prostitution if I didn't exchange money for sex

Let's not overlook the fact that it's good to have access to a large quantity of ice in any situation where you're stealing kidneys from strangers.