Ask comp sci major to fix my computer

>ask comp sci major to fix my computer
>he gets mad
But why tho?

Other urls found in this thread:

maxbarry.com/2011/03/news.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Computer science doesn't teach how to fix computers.

whats the point then?

He's probably lost his mind being mr tech support guy for every random idiots issues which could be solved by typing in the error code in a search engine.

Though it's a good way to so to speak gain favor for the future.

Did you sex him up? His work time's going to be worth a fortune. Also
> maxbarry.com/2011/03/news.html

He's angry because you don't respect his time or his field of study.

Imagine if you were a lawyer and people kept asking you if you could notarize their documents or do their taxes, all for free.
Not only is it a gross misunderstanding of your field of study, it's a blatant disregard for the value of your skillset or your time.

What was the issue with your computer?

This. Was going to post the same thing.

Are you female? He is probably antisocial and hates females.

because you are suppose to pay him $40 an hour minimium

I offered him some sexual favours but he grumbled something about threedeepee and a wifoo.

0/10
gtfo

What a babie my old man is a veterinary physician and if somebody asked him about some rash etc he'd check it out.

Learning about how to build software, the history and theory needed to build high quality programs, and practice implementing solo and group projects.

Asking them to fix your computer is like asking an actor to review a play you're writing.

desu people knowing that i was that computer kid in school was the biggest mistake
the amount of times you will be asked to fix retarsds with their stupid problems will drive you insane

That's because medics are bros while lawyers are stuck up cunts and comp sci majors are delusional fags

>well grounded understanding of software engineering and applications software design
>"hey that's great man, can you fix my computer???"

take your pet to the medical ward then

Cattle are not pets though I could have given you a dank meme response such as

>take your pet to the medical ward then

That's not a nice thing to say about somebody's son..

why would you ask an animal doctor about human problems?

you might as well ask your tax preparer about criminal law

This is the best analogy

>why would you ask an animal doctor about human problems?

I don't but it's quite close.

>well grounded understanding of software engineering and applications software design
>can't install an OS

>go for electrical engineering
>people think you're going to be an electrician

>go for computer engineering
>people think you'll fix computers

What the fuck

dont play stupid
people assume there is some relation between the fields, and that it is more likely that you would know how to solve such an issue

>Asking them to fix your computer is like asking an actor to review a play you're writing.
it's the opposite senpai

>not asking art majors to draw you cute waifu pictures

Well if the CS guy was a veterinarian, asking him to fix your pc is like checking out the rash, prescribing medicine, operate it, help it recover, and do check ups afterwards. That's the correct analogy.

Yeah he'd do it hell I know of fucking dentists who'd prescribe antibiotics and what not if I asked.

Then they either have too much time on their hands or are just plain stupid. Yea, i fix computers for family, but it has one (unwritten) condition: I get something in return, my time is valuable too. It doesnt have to be much, as long as it's not the 'fix my pc kthx bye' type.

> 'fix my pc kthx bye' type.

I never said they'd help a ungrateful sack of shit.

> Look at it this way. A man takes a job, you know? And that job - I mean, like that - That becomes what he is. You know, like - You do a thing and that's what you are.

Stallman never installed GNU/Linux

Is this bait or a newfag?

>working on my Theoretical Computer Science degree
>everybody just hears the "computer" and asks me to fix their computer
>stop telling people I'm studying TCS
>start telling people discreet maths instead
>nobody asks for help with math homework

""""""""computer"""""""""""
"""""""""""""scientists""""""""""""""""""""

aren't even IT monkeys
they're code monkeys

can i see ur tits

>comp sci major
>doesn't know how to fix a printer
unacceptable

He's just butthurt because he wasted a major part of his life just to be a codemonkey.

Because they don't learn anything about computers nor do they about science.
They're mad because you reminded them that it's a scam.