My moms laptop is stuck on this screen. She's never had a password on her computer...

My moms laptop is stuck on this screen. She's never had a password on her computer, but it's all of a sudden asking for one. I tried just clicking without typing anything like I've done before, but it keeps saying password is incorrect. I tried reinstalling Windows but keeping personal files but that didn't help. Any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_(given_name)
hirensbootcd.org/download/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Give it back jamal

give it back tyreese

>Alma
THE WALL JUST GOT 10 FEET HIGHER FOLKS!

If it was stolen I could just do a full reset on it, but it has important files on it that we need.

pop in a live cd, boot from that, get the files, restore

Hey Alma qt bae : )

Love u honey

Would that be the one that comes with the laptop?

It's a great name

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_(given_name)

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alma_(given_name)
GET 'EM OUT, GET 'EM OUT, GET 'EM OUTTA HERE! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUT!

live cd means any cd you can boot from

> download ubuntu, put it on a disk
> pop it in, open the boot menu, boot it
> put the files on an external HD or flash drive if it fits
> restore the system

yes it's linux no it's not complicated. you just boot from the cd and use the file manager to move the files, same as on windows

This man is fake news

No. Linux will be able to view/change all of the files on Windows. It's crazy but true. Pop a live USB in anyones PC and have at it.

Fuck it and just boot a Live Linux ISO and wipe and install it.

>I tried reinstalling Windows but keeping personal files but that didn't help.
Don't keep personal file then. Either way boot into a Live USB and pull the files she wants off onto another USB drive and reinstall/install something else.

Confirming this. You may have to go into the UEFI and disable secure boot first though.

>consumer laptops that still have CD\DVD drives

You have been in a cave for a while, haven't you?

Don't listen to anyone.
>go to Windows recovery enviroment
>start cmd
>go-to C drive
>cd to system32
>copy cmd.exe to Sethc.exe
>reboot
>back at login screen
>press shift 5 times
>in cmd activate administrator
>reboot
>login to admin and disable password

Give it back, D'qwan

Incase you don't want to reinstall Windows and you have a blank CD laying around:

1. go here hirensbootcd.org/download/ , download, make a bootable CD with the included tool.

2. boot from Mini XP, open the tools shortcut (and im going from memory here) open Programs, hover over Passwords/Keys, select NTP Password.

3. You might have to point it to your SAM file (the file in Windows that holds all your passswords), sometimes it just works, YMMV.

Finally, pick the user account, enter the password you want, and reboot. EZPZ

From the pic it looks like your graphics card went out, I've had it happen on 2 laptops, and in one of them it managed to happen on Intel Integrated. It gets a bunch of orange fuzz all across the screen basically and can't really be used anymore.

>all of a sudden asking for one
Your mother was prompted to change her password. Being the stupid fuck she is, she typed in some random gibberish, and now she can't remember what she typed in. This just doesn't happen by itself. Tell her to read before she clicks on OK.

>Alma

>1435 ▶
> (OP)
Hirens password changer doesnt work for windows 8, 8.1, or 10

Install Gentoo

what OS is that?

How is that even possible? Your mom must be technically incompetent. She definitely accidentally made a password or someone else did.

Best option is what everyone else is saying. Install Ubuntu and take all the important files onto to a hard drive. Then reinstall Windows.

I have windows 10 and it looks like you do too and I didn't check if someone else gave the same answer but the password is her email password, trust me

Just read all the other replies, everyone here's an idiot, windows 10 asks you to add your email and whenever you need to sign in you just use that emails password, if that's not it then your mom probably fucked up because that shit doesn't just happen by itself

And americans are paying for it lmao