Stop using LastPass RIGHT NOW

Stop using LastPass RIGHT NOW

Yet another exploit found. Fourth one this week
This piece of shit is compromised and can no longer be trusted

I can't wait for C fags to defend this.

I hope he cleaned up after himself

Feels good to use an offline password manager.

>using a cloud based password manager
Wew Sup Forums...

This is why I use Master Password.

any articles explaining the exploits?

Only stupid programmers get exploits, it's why indians prefer java.

>using a non-FOSS password manager

are you trying to be retarded?

NORMIES BTFO

I REPEAT
B T F O

But how do you login when you are not at your computer? I use LastPass, but I think I'll change...

Any suggestions?

>But how do you login when you are not at your computer?

I don't. I use a secure computer to login. I don't use insecure devices (phones, tablets, Windows etc)

>use the same password for everything
>no problems
>use a pw manager so I can use different gibberish passwords for each site
>its compromised

>he doesn't tattoo passwords directly to his body

>website forces you to change your password every month
What now fag?

>implying I don't
I'm running out of skin already, how do you do it?

>a web service exists that stores all of your passwords and logins for other sites
>people actually thought it was a good idea
>the very definition of putting all your eggs in one basket
>one incredibly high value target basket
>year after year it is shown to have terrible security
>people still use it

You should have your driver license, voting rights, power of attorney, and all private property stripped if you used this garbage. You're on the exact same level as the people who pay Nigerian lottery email scammers. Too retarded to function, too retarded to be trusted to do anything in your own best interest.

>But how do you login when you are not at your computer? I use LastPass, but I think I'll change...
You don't.
Never trust a device that you don't personally own

>give all your passwords to a single point of failure you may or may not be able to trust
I can't believe people fell for this shit.

What's stopping me from making a "password manager" that phones home with all your credentials?

>Become obese
>Lose it quickly
There now you got some extra skin to play with

/thread

How do I get on this guy's level?

>Any suggestions?
See

Convenience vs security trade offs leads me to pick convenience, which is why I use Lastpass. Having it multi-platform is amazing. Any computer running chrome/firefox I'll have my passwords and my phone has them too.

I was going to switch to 1Password as Lastpass looks outdated, but first what do you fags recommend as an offline password manager? I need it to work on all my computers, so Windows, OS X, and Linux. Web browser based ideally. I'd also need it to work on Android and iOS.

Still using KeePass. it just werks.

>storing all your money in 1 (ONE) bank
>banks are, as a result, a really high value target basket

>Using a bank
Join a credit union, it's better than a bank or storing it under your mattress.

I'll still use keepassx.

Money in banks is insured.
Your sensitive information stored on someone else's server is not. There is no one to mitigate damage done to the end user in a security breach.

>trying to compare two vastly different things to defend using a laughably retarded web service that only exists to fleece retards incapable of remembering a password

I'd love to see your reasoning for suggesting that LastPass is necessarily written in C, or that the exploit used here (which has not been revealed to us yet) is one necessarily exclusive to C programs.

what the fick is last pass?

>not using microfilm under your eyelids

>Literally just setup lastpass and random passwords today

some normalfag honeypot

>Literally just setup lastpass and random passwords today

But really, Masterpass worth a damn? What's there business model? I see no donations nor pay.

almost everything important has two-factor authentication anyways

unless you're one of those idiots that doesn't want to give google your phone number, you are still susceptible to database leaks regardless if you are using exploit-ridden lastpass or whatever "more secure" password managers

So is this a "they can get into my password list from anywhere in the world" or is this a "they need to steal my PC then do some workaround shit to get in"

You'll be fine

I believe they can get your info if you visit a rogue website that uses the exploit to get the lastpass add-on to give it the passwords and such. Funnily enough it seems that the master password is the only thing safe.

Give then a few days to fix their shit then change all the important passwords. For me is not biggie as I use 2fa but I will change the passwords once they fix it just in case.

>being able to remember more than one secure-enough password
I doubt your passwords are secure if you can remember them

>not having a notebook in your desk drawer where you physically write down all your passwords
lads..

housefire

Confirmed retard.
I bet you can't memorize more than one phone number either.

Ejaculating in wrong drawer

there's no need to remember phone numbers and phone numbers are not a secure password only further proving my suspicion your passwords aren't secure

>there's no need to remember phone numbers
You're proving over and over that you are quite literally a retard.

>still thinks phone numbers equal a secure password

>not being able to understand context
>fixating on the one portion of a post that your inferior chimp brain could comprehend
A phone number is a 10 digit number. If you can remember two of them you have 20 digits memorized. Twenty digits is not hard to commit to memory. Neither is a string of mixed letters and numbers or words in equal length. The fact that you couldn't grasp this concept proves beyond all doubt that you're a low functioning disabled person.

I'd honestly feel bad for you, but its just sad that millennial trash is so handicapped.

>>not being able to understand context
Phone numbers are piss easy to remember and follow a pattern most of the times. They're easy to remember because they were made to be easy to remember. A secure password doesn't have any patterns in it, so it's hard to remember an actual secure password (at least more than one)
>fixating one one post
Since I've had to repeat the fact that phone numbers do not equal secure passwords for three times now it seems like you're the one not actually responding to my post but fixating on something stupid

There's this thing called dictionary attack.

If they dont need the master pass to get in then how would 2fa save you? Im not understanding how this exploit would work

>using beta versions

v4.1.42 is the stable release

>missing the point yet again
>putting the last nail in the coffin to demonstrate that your IQ is sub 70
You must need a splash guard over that keyboard you're using to protect it from drool.
A phone number is only "easy" to remember for your low functioning mal developed brain because service providers did the work of breaking it down for you. 000 - 000 - 0000. Three segments, the first two have three characters, the last has four. You can do the exact same thing with any word or random string of mixed numbers and letters. Again, the fact that you cannot understand this proves that you are literally retarded.

Your caretaker in the half way home should revoke your internet privileges.

They can get the info but only if you had previously unlocked the database by typing your master password.

keepassx or keepassxc

>not losing LastpassX

>I can't remember a password that I myself made
>I need to let a vulnerable 3rd part store my logins for me
>Everything is so hard
>Who needs to remember things anyway? Your smartphone is always connected to the cloud!

>no argument
Thought so

>Use lastpass to manage a unique password to random sites idgaf about
>Two factor using yubikey everywhere I care about.
>If lastpass library is lost I'll just use the change all passwords tool.
Feels good guys.

>so called "tech nerds" in this thread using the word password instead of passsentence.

Yeah, it's not like one of my passwords is YEYC45QFeyki86EJvniv4q2zoqvwd72w.
Dumb frogposter.

>Any suggestions?
Gpg, good frontend + functional organizer is Pass.

I have complex long passwords that I remember because they are big acronyms for sentences. It's not hard.

Fuck it, let's just rewrite it in Rust.

You're a normal functioning person. Retards can't handle simple devices to assist in memorization.

>online password manager

the sentence you are acronyming is literally more difficult to break than whatever you are using.

Any sentence can be a password.
This is my password.
I can't think of a password.
Passwords are dumb.

all these are literally unbreakable

>hurr durr every exploit is C
Don't you have some homework due for mommy coder camp?

>sign up for last pass few weeks ago
>its great wow so secure
>hear about all of these exploits past week

of course, of course. So which password manager should I move onto

Those are all easily breakable.