Non-gaybecois here, but is there anyone as relevant as Napoleon in European history

non-gaybecois here, but is there anyone as relevant as Napoleon in European history
>caused coalition wars, which were fucking huge
>removed Spanish monarchy and put his brother on the throne, causing nearly all of spanish america to rebel and become independent
>secretly got Louisiana territory back from Spain through a treaty and then sold it to the states, expediting the process of American expansion
>rekt the Holy Roman Empire and then unified many German territories (German Confederation), which that combined with fear of Napoleonic annexation of Germany spread German nationalism and eventually lead to a united Germany
>pretty much same thign in Italy
>stopped France from going into full out civil war between the revolutionaries and the monarchy
>creating the Napoleonic code, whichbasically made national laws be interpreted universally the same, meaning a secular and classless interpretation of the law, which spread across the world
>caused congress of vienna, which allowed European peace for over 40 years
Napoleon thread t b h

bump t b h

wew

I have always had a man crush on this mastermind, my great-great-great-great whatever fought for him as an officer in his Grande Armée.

BONGFAGS BTFO

anudder bump t b h

Any of their scientists. Politicians are irrelevant in the long scheme of things. The only people who drive humanity forward are inventors.

Sorry you fat fuck thats completely wrong.

>allowed European peace for over 40 years
We took over the continent and have allowed peace for over 70 years and counting.

> tfw you will never give your life in battle for L'Empereur

>completely wrong
It's true though.
>Canadians
Oh I see, redditors.

>dat ad hom

Most retarded thing i read all day, and i've been browsing for the past 12 hours

>DO YOU EVEN SCIENCE BRO WTFFFF

>tfw tried to make a good thread
>American comes in with his wrong opinion
yay

Not just redditors, French/French-Canadians defending their dead, manlet, emperor too.

...is known for being a manlet

Really a sad thing...

Well you could also count Karlus Magnus, emperor Augustus, Holy Roman Emperor Charles V and some others. But Napoleon is endeed one of the most important personn in european history.

BS, victorious generals are the most important personns, they decide the fate of people and countries.

>The dumb clapy strike again

It's not about that it's that science serves civilization not the other way around

Doesn't have to be Napoleon it could be Caesar or Alexander they'd still be much greater than any scientist.
No disrespect for scientists of course, but still they'd be greater.

>victorious generals are the most important personns, they decide the fate of people and countries.
Land changes hands all the time. Who cares? What matters most is if this species is going to get off this rock or go extinct here.

He was proven as normal height only about 100 years ago, but hey the American education system is just about there.

LOL

Who cares if land change hands ? Well the people living on it care about it and the people who fought for it also care a lot about that.

>The only people who drive humanity forward are inventors.

we will go extinct if we don't remove america from the map tbqhwyf

No it doesn't, once we're in space it won't change that much to our lives past the first ~6 months of "wow this is so impressive"

Your great great grandson on Mars will feel just as meaningless and empty inside as anyone on Earth today, maybe even more so

Technology doesn't matter that much outside of purely practical concerns

Power, conquests, glory, and all that though, those are actually meaningful, there's something of the divine about them

>napoleon
>lost to english channel

lel

Literally the Antichrist If I can go back to past I will kill Napoleon baby crushing against rocks until dies

No

Napoleon was literally the greatest human to have ever lived.

Napoleon has definitely got to be up there. Hitler would be too, so would Marx, Charlemagne and a number of other people.

There were a few but Napoleon was the greatest in recent history.

>Tfw wish he had won the wars
>Tfw fucking Brits fucked up everything....AGAIN
>Tfw admired him ever since I took a picture with his statue when I was 6 years old

>I took a picture with his statue

Which one was it ?

There is a small colored statue of him in Old Jaffa to commemorate the time when he visited here.

>colored statue

NAPOLEON CONFIRMED AFRICAN
WE WUZ EMPERORS

:^)

kek

Recommend me a good book to read about Napoleon or European history in his time Sup Forums

Napoleon: A Life by Andrew Roberts

>manlet

Napoleon was 169cm tall (measured from his body), which was average for the period.
The confusion arose because he was 5'2", but in French units (there were dozens of systems in Europe) not Imperial ones.
French inch = 2.71cm, not 2.54

And in paintings, he's often surrounded by his Gardes, who were handpicked for their height and wore tall fur bonnets to make them look even taller (and hence impressive, in the smoothbore and bayonet era). This would make an average man look tiny.

Only pre-metric system, backwards civilizations still have this misconception today.

Average height in the "1er Grenadiers de la Vieille Garde" was 1m90, giants for 18th century Europe.
Minimum height requirement for guardsmen was 1m76.

If you're looking for a manlet, in the records of the Napoleonic army, there's a 1m32 tall dragon.