You're Canadian, so you know French, right?

>you're Canadian, so you know French, right?
>tfw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rBSflK1FTSY
ofa.gov.on.ca/en/franco-stats.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw dropped it after 10th grade because I thought "when will I need this useless language"

>you're from Louisiana? Say something in Creole!

>You're American, so you speak English, correct?

This but I have never needed French.

No one speaks that shit outside of Parliament Hill and Quebec.

I can honestly say I have never in my life heard anyone speaking conversational French in Ontario before.

>do you speak irish?

>he doens't speak french
lol

I've seen Africans speak it here

>tfw no qt French-speaking Louisianan thick-booty gf

>Estadounidense? Por lo que habla espanol?

Every products labels are bilingual, you should've learned by now anglo pig

>You're from Newfoundland, where is that? You sound like you're from Ireland something!

>you're British, so you have that funny posh accent, right?

Please user they're called Parisians.

>Oh, you're columbian?
>can you hook me up with some coke?

>abandoning your heritage

Shameful desu

ded like your mom

badumm tsssss

Not quite the same but similar feel.
>Grandpa is from Sicily, is he in the mob?

heh

there's a town near the Quebec border that speaks it. I forgot what it was called but it was after some bridge.

Voulez me un double-double et une breakfast wrap, vite.

>every single product label is bilingual
>even dvd and video game covers
>only one province is officially bilingual
>only one other province has french as an official language and has all their shit exclusively in french anyways

>You're finnish, so you can speak swedish, right?

im a burger living in Quebec and even I managed to learn fluent french in about a year's time. Its a fucking easy language you guys are literally pussies.

Gatineau ? Sherbrooke ? Coaticook ?

This. I don't understand why Canada isn't a fully bilingual country. The school system is capable of it.

French is the absolute easiest language for English speakers to learn. Medieval Anglos were cucked by Francophones pretty hard.

Point is that almost no one speaks French in Canada.

I have personally never encountered it in my life in Ontario.

Why should it be? The French were losers, why should we learn the language of losers?

Because being forced to take it for four years makes you absolutely hate it. If it was just an optional choice beginning in high school instead of getting shoved down your throat in elementary much more people would know it.

french class in rest of canada are ass, ive been told its mostly french movies with subtitles

french is easy, same alphabet, e i a are swap around thats about it really

Theres the issue, french classes are poorly presented and students are forced to learn something they don't see the use for, what happens is students hate french for it and fuel the circle of french/english hate

French class was simply surreal

youtube.com/watch?v=rBSflK1FTSY

"No, he was a fat, lazy, half-arab, peasant."

Elementary school is literally the best time to begin educating a child in a language, for both neurological and pedogogical reasons. The issue is simply that most kids see it as pointless. If the curriculum did a better job emphasizing its usefulness, people would take it seriously.

t. monoglot

The issue is that it really is pointless and kids see through the shit.

Explain to me, without memes, why anyone should learn French if they're not living in Quebec and thus have no use for it?

>Point is that almost no one speaks French in
Canada.
>I have personally never encountered it in my life in Ontario.

The fuck are you on about? You should leave Toronto once in a while

ofa.gov.on.ca/en/franco-stats.html
>Between 2006 and 2011, the number of Francophones in Ontario exceeded 600,000 –the province is now home to 611,500 Franco-Ontarians. Compared to the figures for 2006, when 582,695 Francophones were living in Ontario, these numbers represent an increase of 28,805. The Francophone population has therefore increased by 4.9% since 2006.

>You should leave Toronto once in a while

I don't know, I'm just saying I have never encountered it.

>You should leave Toronto once in a while

And where should I go? Some random shitty town with nothing to do? That's kind of irrelevant and proves my point.

They all speak English. There's just as many Chinese in Ontario, and many don't know a lick of English. By that logic it's much more useful to learn Mandarin.

Most people just ask me if I've seen an aligator 2bh
Also are you 504 master race?

>mfw literally from Québec but can't speak French

In my defence, my French used to be pretty solid...but I left when I was ~16 and literally haven't had to use it since.

You don't use it, you lose it (in the case of languages, at least).

Can you still understand it at least ?

I've lived in Montreal for 8 years and can't speak any french

Well, the gist. I might miss some words here ad there, but generally if someone's speaking (or writing) French to me I'll know what they're saying.