What are the benefits of learning Russian?

What are the benefits of learning Russian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CbRVrOnIIus
youtube.com/watch?v=-KHCNk9BYy4
youtube.com/c/philochko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

None, you're not going to learn it well enough and you'll always sound like a retard and annoy "cuties" that you think you're impressing with your horrible pronunciation.

cyки

>inb4 hurr durr none

wrooong

You will be able to stab people in stabbings native russian

Correct.

I've seen too many fucking diaspora fags who barely know Russian saying shit like "I can speak Russian too! I was there once for a couple years living with my grandparents!" and then proceed to have the most horribly sounding Russian I've ever heard.

You're going to just sound like that, but worse if you learn it. It's not going to impress anyone and it's just a waste of time.

If I got fucked once in the ass for each time I've heard someone trying to say some shit in Russian where I couldn't even understand what they're trying to say I would be dead

I can't see any. If you haven't fall for "great literature" meme ofc

>If I got fucked once in the ass for each time I've heard someone trying to say some shit in Russian where I couldn't even understand what they're trying to say I would be dead
>If
Stahp Trudeau, I wanna bang Natashas and work for based CIA

They're just going to awkwardly smile at you to not be rude.

you're not going to impressive anyone with your horrible "privet kak dela"'s.

>and work for based CIA
just don't board planes with strangers

>They expect one of us in the Wreckage Brother
blyat

>mate who was 16 at the time was working at a paddle board rental place
>2 middle-aged Russian girls rock up
>as they're leaving mate thinks he said "Goodbye, friends"
>find out he actually said "Goodbye comrades"
>girls laughed at him
>proceed to give him shit indefinitely

Learning Russian will get you no-where friend

None.
You will never achieve the fluency level good enough for Russians to speak Russian to you in business and qt3.14's HATE when you have the slightest accent in Russian. Really, just don't waste your time, especially if you are not diaspora and haven't spoken it before.
t. Russian who moved to US

>Learning Russian will get you no-where friend

This, seriously don't do it. I'm only trying to help you.

You're going to make yourself look like a fool and everyone will think you're a turbosperg autist.

>giving up on your dreams to rail soviet semen demons in Siberia because some fucking leaf on a Bhutanese cave painting usenet decided you're not good enough to learn vodka runes

don't do this

>>giving up on your dreams to rail soviet semen demons in Siberia because some fucking leaf on a Bhutanese cave painting usenet decided you're not good enough to learn vodka runes
THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED

you can communicate with qt ukrainian girls

njet

Some of the best books I've read have been by Russian authors. I'd like to read them in the original language.

>I'd like to read them in the original language.

Good luck getting to a level good enough to be able to read and understand the meaning of advanced literary works.

Unless you like Russian literature or history you will only get laughed at. Unlike Romance or Germanic languages, no native English speaker can sound fluent in Russian.

>I don't sound fluent, oh well I give up!
yeah right, stupid fucking leaf

That's not the point you fucking retard.

He's saying your dreams of "chatting up cuties" and "reading advanced literary works in their native Russian language" are just far dreams.

You'll never be fluent in Russian and will always sound like a retard/barely understand it spoken in a fast rate

I have a black friend that speaks decent Russian. She has her pronunciation down to like 80%

I'm telling you as a native Russian speaker, you're only wasting your time.

youtube.com/watch?v=CbRVrOnIIus

I'm sure she doesn't and people are just trying to be nice to her.

Your CS:GO and DoTA2 skills rise up exponentially.

Russian sounds sexy.

Thou can understand a Polska and Slovenia and Slovak languages.

>I have a black friend that speaks decent Russian. She has her pronunciation down to like 80%

I'll tell you right now that no she doesn't.

if i speak spanish and i want to learn russian, i suppose my pronunciation wouldn't be that shitty, am i wrong?, i mean, russian and spanish sound pretty similar (both languages are pronounced as writed, countrary to french or english)

?

I've seen only one english-speaking dude that was fluent in russian and that dude moved here when he was a teen and spent here like 2 decades.

All foreigners have the same thick accent in russia tbqh.

you can pronounce every single word correctly and you'll still sound weird

you have to get the inflection of certain words right within a specific context, learn where and when to stress certain syllables depending on what you're talking about, how to select the proper tone

and that's only after you get the ridiculous grammatical structure and all the formalities

see youtube.com/watch?v=-KHCNk9BYy4

Is it viable to learn Russian if I just want to use it for reading and writing web posts?

so i wasted my money boying a fucking dictionary... fuck off, i'll better learn esperanto.

by the way, balshoye spaziba [read with shitty pronunciation]

You're anglosphere marsterace, you don't need it.

I'm tired of the shitty memes, I want something fresh and able to use for shitposting

>2016
>buying dictionary.

Actually there is a meme, that Spanish is the easiest language to learn for russian speakers.

Spanish is the easiest language for anyone. It is just universally simple. My mom is learning it after job.

here in the civilizated world we are still using books, in fact, here we're still learning.

>Implying that russians got own dank memes.

I mean you can just download it on your phone for free. It will be even easier to learn.

Wew. Wasted quards.
We have some though.

нy бля

no benefits

As the FUCKING LEAF said you won't succeed if you're a native English speaker.

>2016
>download

>2016
> not streaming dictionaries

>dictionary stream services will be flooded by big boob girls earning money on streeming thai lanfuage dictionaries filming themselves on web cameras.

>ITT: Just give up on Russian, you'll never sound like a native
No fucking shit. None of you sound like native English speakers either. The ones that are 100% fluent either moved here as children or lived in an English speaking country for a long time. It's like that for any language.

your argument doesn't apply to gringoes trying spanish.

you will understand the evil guys in the mouvies

You're right, I moved here when I was 10 and I'm fluent in both. Point is it's way easier for you to get laid if you just speak English. The best way to get a Russian girl is to not be Russian.

slavettes

Yes but we just need at least to read in english since 90% of information in world is in english.
You actuallt won't since americans love to hire some 3rd generation georgian immigrant to speak russian in their games/movies and their garbage talk is just unendarstandable and has no sense. That produces dank memes though. For example what russian soldiers shour in Battlefield 4 i just hularious.

Aren't Russian girls even hotter in the Ukraine?

> good enough for Russians to speak Russian to you in business
тгцe
> qt3.14's HATE when you have the slightest accent in Russian
фa|$e

I think what they're saying is that it's a disproportional time investment and that no girls are going to say "Wow user you spoke 2 sentences in broken Russian with a horrible accent to me! Oh my god I'm so wet... wow you're such a worldy man"

TEN INCH STRORJINA
BARACK OB

I have a really weird Spanish accent but it's not gringo, it's just a bastardization of Castilian and Latin American.

>for a long time
I bet that six month will be enough to become fluent in your "language"

Becтимo oбaчe cтaвлю aлтын чтo бaлaкaть кaк витязи никoли нe cмoжeтe пpыcкyчe.

same

If you're dumping time into learning a language to get laid, you deserve to have your time wasted.

You'll still have a super thick accent and sound like a foreigner.

You shouldn't expect it. I'd rather recommend Chinese or Japanese than it.

>YA VIZHU VRAZHESKOGO SNAIPERISTA
>NA, ZHRI PATRONY
And this is just the best:
>EHTO DER'MO PŘIVEHLOH NAS V ZADNICU

simply euphoric

How'd you read that and come to the conclusion that it was some fedora shit?

Butifel

I mean just think about that
>this shit lead us to the ass
That's some tough logic.

What about other slavs?

How would, say, a Bulgarian or a pole sound speaking Russian?

>not even wearing a fedora

>>this shit lead us to the ass
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I don't know why people are saying to give up because you'll never be fluent and natives will laugh at you. From my experience, many Russians are excited and flattered that I'm learning the language, as is common with speakers of other languages.

Bulgarians and ukrainians are exception. They have their own accent. Poles and others will be just like brits or mongolians.
Wut? Is it some saying from some japanese game?

People react like that to any attention from foreigners here since we barely interact with them.

>Wut? Is it some saying from some japanese game?
Ancient meme
Including Natashas?

Natashas will more likely to seek for your passport and wallet. There are always some enthusiasts though.

youtube.com/c/philochko
This black dude knows Russian pretty well, He is travelling around the country giving english lessons and fucking Natashas

>There are always some enthusiasts though.
As long as there is hope.

Дo cвидaния мoй дpyг

>Дo cвидaния мoй дpyг
You should put comma before "мoй дpyг". Punctuation really matter in russian.

Дo cвидaния, мoй дpyг

Much better.
Дocвидyли.