Non-Americans, tell us everything you know about the Revolutionary War...

Non-Americans, tell us everything you know about the Revolutionary War, either from history classes or just pop cultural osmosis from American media.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u2xwoFhkVTo
youtube.com/watch?v=t-9pDZMRCpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ikO6LMxF4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevalier_d'Eon
youtube.com/watch?v=mKPmobWNJaU
youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0
youtube.com/watch?v=uZfRaWAtBVg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There was a general with chinese surname. That's all.

Do you mean Howe?

American war of independence*

Loyalists came to Canada after revolutionaries won.

no one gives a shit

Kill yourself.

george washington went to town as a doodle

Lee?
he got fired

Tea and shit. No taxation without representation. Mercantilism. Enlightenment ideas. Anglo-Saxon establishment got fed up and shit. French intervention. Battle of Yorktown

Mel Gibson.

Pretty much.

From what I can remember from my history class...

British were taxing the hell out of you, after giant debt from the seven year war.

Americans were getting pissed, as it was resulting in harassment from British troops and taxing was met with fierce resistance.

Brits started acting like cunts, started shooting rioters. Wanted to conduct a mass raid.

>FUCKING BONGS!
>Let's throw them a tea party.

Results in large economic reprucussions for Brits.

>TAX THESE YANKS EVEN MORE

News gets out, midnight run occurs

>Brits are coming

Americans meet them armed and prepared. War starts.
Washington is a shite tactician, but his charisma is overwhelming and he gains the support of the American people.

>LIBERTY INTENSIFIES

Declaration of Independance is established, there is argument over slave owner ship, but Yanks are all like

>Psshhh, who gives a shit, they provide labour! Gotta keep my cotton fields open!

More battles ensue.

Guerilla tactics are used to fuck up the British.

British leave after a shit load of defeats and lack of resources to back the campaign.

American revolution and civil war are probably one of the most boring historical event here. Everyone ignores any game or movie that is about it since nobody has any idea of anything about this war.
First time I hear "Howe"
Yeah

Murilards got butthurt with the Brits and took over their token troops while the Brits were busy fighting the French or something.
Pls no h8 just what i know m8

they are boring because they were nothing special compared to old world continental wars.
Even china had more interesting wars in the 19th century tbqh

A colony got uppity and through French dickery split from its creator

The funny part is that the colonists were taxed less than the people back in Britain

here's everything I know about your revolutionary war:
Mel Gibson defeated the English and america declared the independence.

that was tea that was untaxed in order to establish a monopoly

Ivan, you should know that General Richard Lee was in the Civil War, not the Revolutionary War.

wrong lee

Charles lee was washington's second

French proxy war to fuck with the brits
You never paid back your debts because "lol we owed that money to the king xd"
Didn't help us 20 years later either

>It'll be at least another 200 years before people stop believing the high taxation/no representation meme

what was so revolutionary about the war?
did you invent any new tactics or firearms?

i know a lot about it, probably as much if not more than your average american but i'm not going to type it all out

we made no treaties with any french republic :^)

Oh jeez, that's embarrassing. My bad.

It wasn't about the tax itself so much as the lack of representation in Parliament.

We invented freedom while you invented IKEA.

this isn't half bad

youtube.com/watch?v=u2xwoFhkVTo

People on this board are always wondering why American posters are so obsessed with the word "cuck." I think I understand why now. It's because France blockaded our east coast and prevented British ships from getting into our harbors to drop off troops and supplies. This was one of the most important factors in the war. We were born out of the cuckholdry of the British. We are of the cuck, rose from the cuck, molded by the cuck.

preddy gud/10

the structure of our new government was pretty unique

The federalists fucked it up.

Educational American Revolution videos time?

youtube.com/watch?v=t-9pDZMRCpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ikO6LMxF4

btw there was a crossdressing french chevalier that wanted to join Lafayette and fight over there but the french king stopped him and had him arrested

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevalier_d'Eon

i'm glad your SJW don't learn about that one desu

>The United States of America wanted to break free from the British Empire
>Something about tea thrown into the sea
>Something about a messenger, "the British are coming!"
>Something about a Freedom Bell
>Fighting and shit
>Independence gained

Not necessarily in the above order.

How much more should I really know?

>Boston MASSACRE
>5 rioters died
Ebin

It was just like the French Revolution, and the Russian revolution, people who were being oppressed revolt, then upon taking power become corrupted and oppressive themselves. This is what government does, the occasional revolution is needed so people think they're free.

>Nigger threw a brick at a Soldier in front of the Hall
>tfw American independence started with a chimpout

this proves america belongs to black people

>flag
But Sven
Sweden belongs to everyone!!!1

except filthy wh*te m*les you mean?

It belongs to all of us.

God I remember these, when there was a substitute teacher back in elementary school we'd turn the lights off, sit on beanbag chairs, and watch these. So comfy.

Neither does Paris
:)

Have a civics lesson to go with your history lesson.

youtube.com/watch?v=mKPmobWNJaU
youtube.com/watch?v=tyeJ55o3El0

"Americans" didn't want to pay tea taxes and weren't being represented in a court of law so they became an independent nation so they could drink tea without being heavily taxed. Also France was there.

ebig banter my friend :DDDDDD

Is this the war where USA betrayed the crown?

>yes
yes

:DDDDDDDDD
good one FROG
XDDXDXDXDXDXD
TOP BANTER TO BE HONEST FAMILIA

Delet this.
It was a war of freedom, as proved by this popular song from the mid 2000s.

youtube.com/watch?v=uZfRaWAtBVg

parody of a popular song, sorry.

From the British perspective, the French and Indian war was fought for the Americans, and so they expected them to help pay for it.

Washington was ten feet tall and weighed a ton.
He saved children, but not the British children.
He had a schnauzer.

WE'RE GONNA FIGHT A WAR, AND THE AMERICANS ARE GONNA PAY FOR IT

dog bless

Thats some good deal, you should take it.

England decides to rape the colony with huge taxes. The immigrants say "fuck you, we don't need your tea" and proceed to cross-dress as Indians for keks. France pitches in which is eventually their undoing. (Note: France learned nothing from this) Washington eventually wins the war by scaring the enemy away by doing pic related. Thank you World Book Encyclopaedia and Mad Magazine.