Hiding tether usage

Hello Sup Forums,

I have a specific data plan which grants me unlimited data during the weekends only ( normally i have 50GB of data / month )

The unlimited data during the weekend is extremely good, although i can't tether / use my phone as a modem with it as it wastes my original data plan.

Are there any free apps which allow me to "hide" the tether usage ?
Or even android tweaks that might fix that issue ?

Other urls found in this thread:

android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/enable-free-wifi-tethering-android-marshmallow-0167832/
szym.net/barnacle/
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi.key
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First thing you'll have to find out how the fuck they realize that you are using your phone as a hotspot and not just browsing through it. Make guesses and then tests.

Say you are following a link to a .jpeg file online directly. Can it really manage to distinguish between you downloading that image from a computer using phone to connect the internet and not directly from phone? If it does, then I think they might be doing the check through the name and the version of the internet client making the request.

You can try changing your browser settings to make itself look like some mobile browser. Old Safari on Windows used to have such a feature with developer tools enabled. I don't know if Chrome out any other browser has it nowadays.

Just the mobile emulation may or may not work. Chrome has mobile emulation under F12 developer tools, but I don't know if it also makes itself look like a true mobile browser to the server as well.

Try using the IPX protocol with a crossover cable.

If they do check everything wouldn't it make more sense to tunnel everything through a vpn and hope they ignore encrypted traffic? No clue if you can distinguish VPN traffic from HTTPS though.

I have no idea how they figure it out, i found this app called "PdaNet+" currently using the 'hide tether" option and it seems to be working, free trial disconnects once in a while but it's not a big deal.

I might even buy the full version if i see that it works well in the long run :)

They probably just monitor high usage and fuck you over some "fair use" clause.

I don't see a why they can find out if you're tethering except through HTTP header info/user agent.

VPN the phone, or just VPN the PC on the tether. They can't determine what you're doing inside the VPN. They could say VPN is tethering, or just have spyware/carrieriq on the phone to determine that you're tethering.

doesn't that lower the internet speed ?

a little bit

If it's an Android phone, everytime you turn on tether mode it checks with your providor's sererver to see if you're allowed to. If not, it doesn't let you, or it will work and they now know you're tethering data. Solution: Custom ROM like Lineage OS.

Iphone works the same way, probably a tweak on Cydia to bypass it, or crack Pdanet.

The mobile radio tells them tethering is turned on you tards

PDANet and other hiders just rough the data via their PID with WiFi or Custom USB drivers so the OS level hotspot isn't turned on, thus the phone wont tell them you are tethered.

I couldn't find a crack for Pdanet that works unfortunately, i'm actually thinking of buying it, unless of course you think you can find a crack that works and share it :) ?

Good to know how it works, and what do you mean by "other hiders" ? are there any free ones without cons ?

I don't use iOS anymore but there's probably a cracked Cydia source you can add that includes it. Can't help beyond that, sorry.

I'm on android but thanks anyways ! :)
If i won't be able to find a crack i'll buy it, worth the 8$ imo.

Oh well if you're on Android, you can do tje following:

android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/enable-free-wifi-tethering-android-marshmallow-0167832/

Requires root, however.

Try x tether on xposed, otherwise just crack PDANet, lookup tether in the play store, most cost money.

Does it just ALLOW me to tether or is it the same little tweak that makes it so the carrier doesn't find out like PDANET ?

Also does it work with USB tethering or just with WIFI tethering ? since USB tethering doesn't rape my battery as much .
I'll try it though thanks alot !

As i said about PDANet crack i couldn't find one that works, does x tether have an option to hide the tethering ?

Just checked and it doesn't work on my kitkat android unfortunately .

With that build.prop edit your carrier will have no idea you're tethering, unless they monitor traffic and I doubt they look that closely.

Drat! Sorry!

X tether stops external verification by the carrier, there's no garentee it will succefuly hide it, try it.

I don't know of any free tethers anymore, clockworls cheaper than PDANet and its USB.

KitKat!? Try Barnical, szym.net/barnacle/

My main issue is actually hiding the fact that i'm tethering, does it do that ? since all i see is that it allows you to tether and that already works on my phone .

I'm so happy i backed up my system before trying it, it actually disabled my usb port from working, needless to say it didn't work .

>PDANet crack i couldn't find one that works,
patch inapp with lucky patcher and buy full version from app (Does it even allow you to?)

I don't understand what you mean, care to elaborate step by step ?

I heard about lucky patcher but i never used it, also what is inapp ?

thanks for the help !

Is the full version bought inside the app or inside the store?

If it's the former, patching with LP will spoof a payment received response from google play every time you buy something inside the app

If it's the latter, you must download an apk, and then, maybe, patch License Verification with LP

I'm not sure, you can buy the serial key ( i think ) either from the site directly or pay for it on the google store ( play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi.key )

I'll try it later, can post the download link of the latest LP version ?