YOU HAVE 23 SECONDS TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU'RE NOT USING FREEBSD RIGHT NOW

YOU HAVE 23 SECONDS TO EXPLAIN WHY YOU'RE NOT USING FREEBSD RIGHT NOW
>GO

Because I actually need to get shit done.

>that license
Why would I use software whose developer doesn't care about everyone's freedoms?

Probably I would have in 1995.

But I am.

virtualization, software support, emerge.
FreeBSD jails are nice though.

>i don't program but i care about what license my program uses even if it's free software
Sup Forums, everybody

is virtualbox not enough for you user?
you can run linux programs in freebsd, wine is available and it has a big ports tree. what more do you need user?

Richard Stallman is pretty insistent that the concept of free software is important for users too, though. It's not just about being able to edit the source, it's about being able to copy the program itself, (along with its source,) from person to person without any legal restrictions.

because I don't want to do extra work to basically install all the necessary Linux kernel shims and modules to attain the same thing I get by just fucking using GNU/Linux directly.

fuck off cuck license apologist.

I really like the *BSD projects.
Especially NetBSD is really nice, it has a great package management system (pkgsrc). And it runs on almost everything.

Because I'm using OpenBSD.

GPL is communism

and that's what the BSD licenses allows you to do, are you daft?

Because I actually use my computer for something other than masturbation.

It's not GNU

MUH KVM.
The linux compat layer is outdated and quite useless.
portmaster isn't as comfy as portage.

FreeBSD is a great OS, it's just not the most convenient option with my setup.

not anymore, the linux compatibility layer got improved to 4.10 and there's a driver compatibility layer, poudriere replaced portmaster and we have pkg for binaries.

Everything just werks on windows and I'm a C# developer so I need to be able to use proper .NET Framework and Visual Studio from time to time.

bhyve is a thing

I prefer using OS X and OpenBSD

The beauty of the BSD licenses is that they properly respect everyone's freedums, even those who want to restrict yours.

because i installed gentoo

because my GPU drivers don't work

>freeBSD
>ever

The beauty of the BSD licenses is that they properly respect everyone's freedums, even those who want to restrict yours.

So you are like the generic masochistic anime hero that does not care if you hurt him, but gets mad if you hurt anybody else

A faggot

It offers no significant benefits to me over openSUSE.

Because I'm not a hobbyist.

I use PC-BSD, close enough.

How is it?

Because I'm already using trisquel GNU/Linux.

I'm not gay

>muh software compatibility
>muh gayemz

Blizzard games.