Hey Sup Forums , why don't you use this OS over any other stock android OS bloat

Hey Sup Forums , why don't you use this OS over any other stock android OS bloat.
>free
>easy to install
>almost doubled my S4 battery life
>bloat free
>updated android for old phones
>works flawlessly

Other urls found in this thread:

rootoreviews.com/root-BLU-Pure-XR-install-twrp-custom-recovery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because my phone isn't supported and has a locked bootloader

This. My phone is fucking aids and I'm too poor to get a new one.

mine's still okay (xperia z1) but there is no official support, and all the unofficial support don't make it clear whether they require an unlocked bootloader or not

Well, basically:

>Buy moto G like Sup Forums said all those years ago
>Decide to tamper with it, so I unlock the bootloader and install cyanogenmod because cyanogenmod this cyanogenmod is the shit cyanogenmod that
>It's ok, I can do a lot of things but now the battery life hasn't exactly gotten better and sometimes it freezes for no reason at all

>Years later, buy stupid phone manufactured in my country
>Surprisingly good support and amount of ROMs, cyanogenmod ends up becoming an offficial choice as well so I try it
>updates eventually break it and force me to flash the previous build, camera is worse, battery life is on par with stock, pretty fast the first day and then it's a fucking nightmare, etc

Now I'm getting a Moto G4 and really, I might just install OTA updates and not fuck with it at all. Isn't this basically cyanogenmod with a different name?

I believe mine has bootloader unlocked and I currently use unofficial release, it still works great! way better over the last update google released for the S4 which was 5.0.1

I'm pretty sure you can somehow unlock any bootloader.

>been looking for different os to see if my phone bootloop problem is software
>look up lineage os
>first video cringey ass electronic music
>brown hand pops up grabbing the phone
>pajeet voice

goddamn this shit

Today anything that involves easy tinkering with computers or phones has a youtube tutorial by some sort of pajeet.

Sony has an official way of unlocking the bootloader but only if your device supports it
mine doesn't and I don't see any other way to do it.
I might still try to install lineage since there's no mention of the bootloader requirements, but god damn if this shit doesn't work I'll have to go through loops and hurdles again just to root it again and update to 5.1

>looking up OS's by watching youshit videos
you only have yourself to blame

I'm using it on my galaxy s4.
I'm on 7.1.1 and it works great.

I've been using CM ever since 2012, on multiple devices. You benefit the most by running it on older, abandoned devices. There isn't really any difference on new devices - you even get some drawbacks, such as a lowered battery life on certain devices, and a shittier camera. It's not really worth it installing on a new device unless you care about freeing it from proprietary software.
>all the unofficial support don't make it clear whether they require an unlocked bootloader or not
It HAS to be unlocked. You can't replace the system files otherwise. Even if you have root access already, you need an unlocked bootloader as well in order to install a new OS.
Agreed. The forums often aren't of much help, either, so you may have to ask both Sup Forums and consult the forums to get everything working.

Apple iPhone 7 Plus doesn't have these problems.

How's the camera quality?

I will never buy a phone that isn't supported by them

>LineageOS
>bloat free
kek

I ditched all the google apps and havent looked back

Also my carrier had a heap of bloat that killed my battery

Ditching Google apps sounds like shit desu

Runs better than any CyanogenMod ROM on my old at&t note 2.
With original battery, it's pulling around 4 hours of SoT.

it's buggy for my nexus5

Well, yeah some cyanogen devs are now working on lineage and it's esentially based on cyanogen 14.0 but it has OTAs and pretty good support, keeping it vanilla-like but with more features, i also has an official rooting system, lean & comfy.

Why?

how do i do this?

and will i lose app functionality. Because kikebook messenger and shit like Uber are a nessecity

Can confirm Faceberg works fine even without Gapps

Because I have ota updates with Nitrogen OS on my nexus 5

Why isn't there a clean, stock android rom on Google's website for everyone to download and install? Why doesn't google force manufacturers to make stock android version available to any phone? This requirement should be a part of license.

There is, but just for Nexii and the Pixel.
>on Sup Forums
>doesn't know how to install a ROM
hmmm

No, you won't really lose any of the app compatibility. .

>Why isn't there a clean, stock android rom on Google's website for everyone to download and install?
Not possible since they need to include phone-specific modifications.

It doesn't have a global dark theme

>all phones
My huawei p6 and xperia u are not supported

Well, missed op

You mean features.

but i am using it you retarded op poster

Been running it on LG G2 without any problems. 0 bloat, faster than stock, Android 7.1, battery is good. The only problem is that it doesn't have rear power button LED working and camera app is subpar.

is lineage good guys or bad guys

as far as i remember official compan was making cyanogenos but they weretoo jewish and free folk forked over cyanogenMOD

which of these is lineage?
how AOSP relates to cyanogenmod?

i run cm13 it works ok, no bugs as of yet, but some design options are ridiculously stupid

>as far as i remember official compan was making cyanogenos but they weretoo jewish and free folk forked over cyanogenMOD
Hell no, what the fuck are you drinking? CyanogenMod was the original, and they got greedy and decided to create CyanogenOS.
LineageOS is a direct descendant of CyanogenMod.

AOSP is pure, vanilla open-source Android. AOSP releases on XDA are based on the original Android source code, with a couple of adjustments to make it run on your device satisfyingly. It doesn't have much extras, which is part of the reason why manufacturers often add their own "tweaks" to make their devices more wanted. Some are close to AOSP, like Sony's. I've never seen anyone complain about their fork of Android as much as people complain about Samsung's, which is a lot heavier. Yes, Samsung devices may have more options and user friendliness, but that also causes them to age badly.
Cyanogenmod/LineageOS are basically AOSP with a couple of /minor/ adjustments in order to make it more comfortable to use - while keeping AOSP's incredible performance (compared to OEM forks).

Brush up your punctuation and your spelling. Don't use that horrendous spacing in your posts and learn more about stuff.

Apple iPhone 7 is a problem

Samsungs skin has gotten much better over the times and some people that were critical if it now praise it. It's much lighter and closer to stock than before. Not that important, just saying.

Sorry, I'm a low quality poster, and was writing that in a hurry. Also keyboard is making me skip some letters.
Are those /minor/ adjustments worth it to use CM over simply AOSP?
By the way I run no gapps at all.

Which Sony do u have?

But I am, user.
I think there's even a new build out today which I'll flash in a few hours.

>works flawlessly
This varies wildly between supported models.

But mah security and battery life!!!!

I have an S4 and literally the only thing keeping me from leaving stock is that I'm on T-Mobile and need wifi calling. I doubt it does, but does Lineage for the S4 support that?

But I do user.

Honestly, on a moto g4 myself, lineage is great on this

By the way is it a bug or a feature that the music and image libraries don't update automatically? I have to reboot every time I transfer new music from my PC for the music player to find it.

I've read some comments that with LOS phone won't get security updates and battery life is much worse...

So how is it, anons? Should I install LOS on my meme chink phone (RN3P)?

Updates are weekly. Battery life on my Moto G is more than a week on mostly idle.

>works flawlessly
No, iirc encryption is broken for my phone (RN3P) and that's a huge dealbreaker.

because I compile my own rom for my phone, based on AICP custom rom

Lineage/Cyanogen is only good because it supports a lot of devices and keeps them updated for a long time, but practically any other custom rom is better

>developed by pajeets
>no security audits
>shitload of bugs
>installation require days of research and trial
>still unusable without google botnet

>unlock your bootloader (optional depending on your phone model)
>flash TWRP recovery
>flash rom and gapps zips using TWRP
>days of research and trial

this
how the fuck does that even happen

but user, I am using Lineage OS

how? It's literally stock-tier stability on my Nexus 5

My current phone is supported but has no bootloader unlock. It's a Verdon s5 with a Toshiba flash chip.

BC I use purenexus

Can't this be solved like drivers for Windows? You have a clean android from Google on your phone and then you download phone-specific software from manufacturers website?

Still on CM13
I can get nougat but from reading the comments on xda, lineageos 14.1 has some issues for my phone so I'm gonna wait a month or so more before I switch over.

I share that same sentiment, user.

>any other custom rom is better
[CITATION NEEDED]

Also all other ROMs are basically just Lineage OS with some minor modifications.

Doesnt work on my phone

i love miui

Moto Z Force doesn't have a unlocked bootloader. If it did, I would.

So glad LineageOS happened. I updated my CM nightly and literally within 12 hours the drama kicked off. It was a buggy af version too.

still did not install it? you collosal fuck!

I don't feel like installing custom ROMs only to find out that they're unusable for daily use anymore

>list of known bugs
>'help nothing works'
>just installed lineage pre-alpha v0.0072 last update 15-3-1969 and now my car won't start up

fuck custom oses

>honor 8
Well i won't ever run lineage OS I guess.

If you know how to install it on a Moto X 2013 in all ears

I wouldn't even touch a phone without LineageOS support.
It's the cure for the shit update support cancer.

I have a galaxy s7 is there any good os for me yet?

The rom it's still shit for my xiaomi redmi note 3 pro

I don't use Android at all.

Figure out your phone model.
Go to XDA, find board for your phone. Most likely a guide there.
Install TWRP recovery. Then install lineagOS. Install open gapps if need be.

I have a BLU Pure XR that can't be rooted yet. Can I install this or do I have to wait until someone busts this thing open?

>BLU Pure XR
rootoreviews.com/root-BLU-Pure-XR-install-twrp-custom-recovery

third result on google, are you even trying?

I already have.

But honestly, I am wanting to be an iShill. Don't ask me why,

If you don't have a Snapdragon version you can use Lineage.

If you do, you're screwed with TouchWiz.

If anyone needs advice installing this on a Verizon HTC 10 I can help. You have to jump through a few hoops because Verizon are fags.

Last I checked my redmeme wasn't supported

I'm still using Cyanogen nightly from last December on my S5 even though it is no longer supported because whenever I try to install lineage and boot the phone does not recognize the SIM card and I cannot make calls, texts, nor use data. I tried troubleshooting and nothing helped me so I went back to my backup of cyanogenmod and the SIM was still showing up missing. I had to flash marshmallow cyanogenmod to get the phone to recognize the SIM.

I know its a longshot but has anyone here heard of or experienced this issue before? If it helps, the S5 variant I have is TMobile.

Have you tried dirty cow exploit

or an auxiliary jack

i installed this last night to see if it would fix nesus 5x bootloop problem.

it was really promising, worked for like 3 hours while i configured shit, was about to tell people "hey my phone is working again"
and then boom, freeze, reset, bootloop, boots only after like 4-5 retries..
Goddammit