/STD/ - Solus Threads Daily

/STD/ - Solus Threads Daily

IRC: #solus on irc.rizon.net

The thread with the most users of the best Linux distro!

What is Solus?
pastebin.com/nAgSS2aJ

Why use Solus?
pastebin.com/nAgSS2aJ

Why is budgie the best?
pastebin.com/nAgSS2aJ

Everybody who supports any distro besides Solus is a *shill.* Reminder to report all non-Solus posts in this thread in order to keep the anti-Solus shills out. We never shill here, we just state facts.

More Solus links:

Official website for best distro ever made:
solus-project.com

Reddit for best distro ever made:
reddit.com/r/SolusProject/

The Solus blog:
solus-project.com/blog/

Ask Solus website:
asksolus.com/

Budgie website:
budgie-desktop.org/home/

Solus Twitter:
twitter.com/SolusProject

Reminders:

Budgie in its current form is based on GTK, but Budgie 11 is being completely rewritten in Qt and is also being released in Q2 2017.

Sol will be replacing eopkg soon as the package manager.

Solus a stable, up to date, rolling release distro.

Solus is the most optimized and fastest Linux distro.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4DgbUBoxa48
github.com/kevinarefunny/homepage
discord.gg/utguA
discord.gg/D33aZCB
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I tried solus and it was shit. Buggie as fuck Kodi, no clementine, no xfce available, half my linux steam games didn't work, what a joke OS. Shit tier package manager, slowest linux boot I've ever witnessed, complete unoptimized mess. Everything about it feels like a gimped alpha version of yet another ubuntu wannabe, except without the choice ubuntu gives you.

How long ago did you try it? I don't use Kodi so I can't vouch for that, but it is most likely fixed. Clementine is based on a deprecated Qt4, but will be added when the Clementine devs update it to Qt5, which they say will happen in April. And the devs don't see it as a good use of time to bring XFCE, a de that hasn't been updated since 2015, but they are open to the community to port it themselves. And I myself have never had an issue with my Linux Steam games, and in fact they run better on Solus than any other distro. It is not a joke OS. It is also not a shit tier package manager, it is one of the best, and Sol will be *the* best. It's also the fastest boot times so don't lie about that. And it's the most optimized distro ever so why lie on that too when anyone who has actually used it instead of making up a reply to slander solus would know. It is also not a gimped alpha version of "yet another ubuntu wannabe", and it has plenty of choices.

>complete unoptimized mess
That's where you are wrong, kiddo.

>it has plenty of choices
Maybe for your limited taste kevin. Compared to any real distro, this thing is a joke. Keep shilling it as much as you want, anybody who, like me, actually tries it out will see very quickly.

Also, I tried it about a month ago, maybe 2. It booted slower than even windows 7, and that was on SSD.

It is a joke OS, I choose linux because it gives me freedom of choice, solus does not give me that freedom. Is there even ANY other DE besides budgie or mate?

Can we stop these fucking threads? Solus is another shit meme distro.

>STD
Abbreviation is about right, kevin is flaring up again.

Solus Threads Daily.

No, and it's is NOT a shit meme distro, nor is it a shit distro or a meme distro. It's the best distro.

My taste is not limited, I just know I don't need a shit ton of server software on a DESKTOP Linux distro. And Solus is a real distro and it is NOT a joke. Also I'm not shilling Solus.

Solus has always booted extremely fast, even on an HDD, and it boots even faster on an SSD, faster than even Arch did for me, and it certainly boots faster than Windows 8.1 and 10 does. Again, it is NOT a joke OS, and the fact Solus exists is giving you freedom of choice, the choice to use it, and the choice to not use it and use shit instead. So that's where you're wrong kiddo. And Solus has GNOME, i3, and community members can create a community XFCE and KDE version if they want to, it's just not worth the developer's time and energy to, again, port over a DE that hasn't been updated since 2015, and KDE is another project to tackle, but if they do find the time to do it, they said they will, but for the time being it's up to the community to do so. Just like how Kubuntu or Xubuntu isn't directly made by Canonical.

>And I myself have never had an issue with my Linux Steam games
>werks on my machine

kys

>It's also the fastest boot times so don't lie about that. And it's the most optimized distro ever
The fuck are you talking about

What games don't work? If something doesn't work, then report it to the devs, jfc. And yes, I replied with my personal experience of not ever having issues with or on Solus, is that an issue for you?

Maybe try reading it again and then you'll see what I'm talking about, or better yet, install it and try out the gloriousness of Solus.

>Xfce
>No update since 2015
Yes Kevin. You sure know what you are taking about. Glad to have you.

Yes. A real retard. Go on.

Is that stable or unstable?

It doesn't matter. Fact is, it is constantly being developed and you talk out of your ass to make a point that fits your narrative.
It is nice that you like your little distro, but right now you come across like an autistic neckbeard that can't accept other people's choices and preferences.
Just stop with the threads.

It does matter actually, since most users are on stable. Also, yeah, you're right and I was wrong, it still is actively developed. Sorry about that. I should have said it hasn't had a new release since 2015, but yes, it is still actively developed. I still accept people's choices and preferences, it's just when some people also talk out of their ass and lie about Solus is where I start to discuss/argue.

>Just stop with the threads.
No, sorry.

>Also I'm not shilling Solus.
Yes you are. You do it everyday. You lie about it being 'the most """optimized"""' all the time. Optimized for what kevin? Optimized how? What are you talking about? Stop this shilly buzzword nonsense of yours, if not this is just shilling.

>If something doesn't work, then report it to the devs
kek, why not just use ubuntu where everything actually works? I'm not gonna waste my time trying to improve some shitty amateur hour Budgie + Arc theme: The Distro. gtfo.

>a DESKTOP Linux distro
Only has 2 (shitty) DE's available. Kek you can't make this shit up.

Someone who is a shill is a person who is paid to endorse something, or they have stock in it, so they make money off of it. I am not paid, nor do I make any money off promoting and recommending Solus. Also Solus is free. It would be different if it were Windows.

And I don't lie about it being the most optimized, because it is. It has the fastest boot up times, applications are more stable and faster (less to no stutter, compared to other distros) (stable as in they don't crash, when they would on Ubuntu or Arch), and they open up faster.

>why not just use Ubuntu where everything actually works
Lol no it doesn't. That's why there's a help forum and multiple irc channles, not to mention the countless other places people go to to ask for help with a Ubuntu problem.

They are not shitty, and it's not worth the devs time atm to port over something as large as KDE, but they could in the future. Also, it has GNOME.

>It has the fastest boot up times, applications are more stable and faster,
> and they open up faster.
where are the benchmarks for these comparisons?

We need the POSReady thread, right now

>a shill is a person who is paid
No, you're wrong. A shill shills shit, you're shilling solus. Don't be silly, shill.

>And I don't lie about it being the most optimized
Yes you do. You can't just say something is 'optimized' without saying what it is optimized for, and how it is optimized.

> applications are more stable and faster (less to no stutter, compared to other distros) (stable as in they don't crash, when they would on Ubuntu or Arch), and they open up faster.
lmfao, stutter in applications? What mate? Now you're just making up non existent problems on other distros to make it seem as if solus isn't shit.

Not only is solus a joke, so are you kevin.

if I install solus, will you give me the secret to greentexting without green?

I don't have any, but through personal use with Solus and many other distros, I can definitely notice a difference.

I mean if you want to change the definition of shill to fit your narrative, then yes, but otherwise you're wrong and I am not a shill, just an advocate.

If you read the rest of what I write, you will notice that I do go into detail on why I say it's optimized.

I've had applications freeze on me all the time in other distros, but never in Solus. So I am not making up problems, you're just refusing to acknowledge them to push your own agenda.

Solus is NOT a joke, and I am NOT a joke either.

Just press space a few times
>no spaces
>1 space
>2 spaces
>3 spaces
>4 spaces
>etc.

I would still like you to install Solus though to just at least try it.

>test

Nice :)

brb installing solus

Awesome! :)

Gimme that newtab page

Looks pretty fucking dope

youtube.com/watch?v=4DgbUBoxa48

>28 replies
>10 posters
>only 11 replies with Kevin's trip

Really makes you think about samefagging, doesn't it?

>I do go into detail on why I say it's optimized.
No you don't. You make up shit about stuttering programs on other distros. You still can't answer these two very simple questions, what is it optimized for, and how is it optimized?

>Solus is NOT a joke, and I am NOT a joke either.
Yes, you both are.

github.com/kevinarefunny/homepage

Thanks! I'm glad you like it :)

Is this the revival of /STD/?

Stop impersonating Kevin please.

desu I just tried installing it on my mid-2010 Fagbook Pro and it really just werks (so far).

After complete failure with Arch, Antergos and Manjaro, this is a welcome change. I'll use it for a while and if it keeps working without problems, I'll probably get rid of fagOS completely.

Sure you are, Keving.
Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm not.

That's not me.

That's awesome! I'm glad you're liking it! :)

yes, you are.

>I don't have any, but through personal use with Solus and many other distros, I can definitely notice a difference.
you are mentally ill

Anyone here dual-booting Solus and Windows 10?

How well do the two play together? I heard that W10 doesn't like being booted with other OSs.

No, I'm not. Why would I want to impersonate someone?

Pic related.

I set up some dual boots on school laptops with Windows 10 and Solus last semester, and so far there has been no issues.

>Why would I want to impersonate someone?
Post your pic with a time stamp, we all already know what "you" look like anyways

Run some updates dude, you can do it through the terminal with sudo eopkg up, or through the software center. Also be sure to check out third party repositories in the software center. You have have a lot of updates :)

Also glad you're liking it so far :)

I can confirm that is Kevin.

Fuck off retard, nobody believe you except arch imbecile user wannabe.

Prove it!

Software is up to date. Just found out the display brightness can't be adjusted. that sucks.
If I can't find a solution for that it's byebye Solus

I talk to him almost daily in IRC and have done so far before you had even heard of him.

is it systemd free?

No effort into how I looked today since I only had one class. I would have done my hair otherwise.

Thanks Acbn.

SAGE

I HOPE THEY IP BAN YOU KEVIN!

My bad, maybe you should reboot so you're on the newer kernel and also get the other updates enabled.

No. If you want that, then I suggest Gentoo, Void Linux, Funtoo, or Devuan.

kys gingerfaggot
did you name it souls because gingers have no soul? lmao

I'm not a ginger. And it's called Solus, and I didn't name it nor create it. Ikey Doherty did.

Why? He couldn't be more on topic on a technology board.

cringe af desu, I was going to try out solus but now I'm not so sure anymore.

lol whatever homo. Stop using Gnome and calling it a buggie or whatever you fag!

I recently listened to someone involved with Solus get thrashed on Linux unplugged podcast. I forget name. Was that you?

If a user is a deciding factor on why you want to use a distro, then that's your own issue for not wanting to use the best distro.

It's called Budgie, and Budgie 11 is being rewritten in Qt.

No, I've never been on a podcast.

>use the best distro
I already use Ubuntu though lad.

Fucking kill yourself you worthless shit stain.
>>>/reddit/

Repos are too gimped for my taste.

Whoa... I stand corrected

Hahaha. You look exactly like the autistic manchild I envisioned you to be.

>just now knowing what kevin looks like
Lurk moar

>giving a shit about tripfags
kys famalam

Who says I give a shit?

Because you remember how that fuck looks like.

Unlike your autistic ass I remember faces well. Remembering a face does not mean I care about them, lurk moar.

>being proud of remembering the kevin meme

OK.

It's unforgettable and funny when he got doxxed. Sorry I can't forget I guess?

Remembering is one thing, being proud of it is something else completely.

I've tried it out a few days ago and it was great. Fast with a good UI. I disagree on adding multiple desktop environments, even having MATE is too much. As kevin stated there are better things to prioritize and the community can always make a spin/flavor/fork with another DE, as is the case with Ubuntu, Fedora and Manjaro. Even then it's kinda pointless running (for example) KDE on anything other than KDE Neon or maybe openSUSE (Chakra Linux seems acceptible too). So it's not like Solus needs any other DE. This is it's thing and if you need a different DE then use an OS which already integrates it well instead of trying to waste devs time. Also
>I choose linux because it gives me freedom of choice
No, it gives you freedom in general and not a freedom of infinite choices. If you're not given a choice then you're free to make your own. As in, why don't you fork Solus XFCE, for example? That's what you're free to do and that's why there are so many distros available. Some people just need or want different things and are happy to share them with others.

For some reason I thought Gentoo uses systemD. Why don't people recommend PCLinuxOS as a non-systemD distro? I rarely hear people talk about it and it seems very good, especially for beginners or people who don't want to waste time tweaking Gentoo.

>being so fat, insecure, and full of estrogen that you feel the need to print an outdated "computer hardware chart" from 2002 and put it on a wall to impress normies

this guy is the Sup Forums version of Elliot Rodger, calling it now.

>it gives you freedom in general and not a freedom of infinite choices.
Nobody said infinite choices lad. Any distro gives you more choices than solus does.

>make your own
I'm free to do the same with any other distro, doing it for solus is just not worth it, due to the extremely limited repos. If I want to do everything myself I'll build Linux From Scratch. I use a distro for convenience, solus just doesn't offer that. They think pre installing Arc theme is being user friendly. They are, in other words, retarded.

Except for the fact I've had girlfriends.

lmao
not with that amount of fat
not with your ears taking up half of your head
not with your girly eyes
not with your weak jawline and chin

although i admit, even you could fuck some fat girls, american women are crazy after all

Using Solus ATM. Currently getting Ubuntu Budgie because this shit has no good PDF editor.
WTF Kevin I thought you were cool. Thx for the DE tho

He has had girlfriends. He's even posted images of them in IRC and they weren't fat.

Yeah, she weighed 109 pounds.
I'm not trying to sound like that much of a faggot, but there's more to me than that photo and Solus.

Yay for Kevin posting

But what is Kevin's Discord username?

stop posting my wife, starkiddy

Also, pink is gay.
:^)

Pink is not gay Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee and e

>and e
kek

fuck off Kevin.

discord.gg/utguA

Here's one that never expires
discord.gg/D33aZCB

Lol Starkiddy