Are you ready for 8k gaming in 3 years time?

Are you ready for 8k gaming in 3 years time?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vj_2iGNu5JE

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/11220/dells-32-inch-8k-up3218k-display-now-for-sale
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ASUS and the other gaymen monitor companies will have 8k monitors with in 2 years if they want to be relevant.

The question is who will offer non huge monitors first. A 24" 4320p OLED with gsync screen is end game territory.

anandtech.com/show/11220/dells-32-inch-8k-up3218k-display-now-for-sale

I'm ready for 8K

I don't think you have any idea how slowly VESA and scaler/t-con manufacturers move even when panels are available.

DP 1.5 or whatever to 8k over single cables non-shit is years away on paper, 1 year more than that for GPU support, and 1+ years beyond that for actual shipping monitors.

>Dell’s 32-inch 8K UP3218K
All of my fucking money. Take it.

This is a case were manufactures and consumers are ready and willing to move faster. Much like the early 1080p over VGA days.

I've been waiting for 8k and 12k standards since the late 90s/2000s when they were first written about in the VGA standards. The panel tech I've wanted has changed over the years but I still want those end game resolutions. A handful of people are in the same shoes. Rather or not the average consumer gives a shit I don't know but they'll buy any marketing hype so I don't see why not.

I've been waiting so long for UHD@120/144 Hz, so I'm not gonna consider 8k until DSC is good enough to make 120 Hz the baseline and also not look like crap.

There will be a biological limit where there is no point of increasing the resolution. Dunno if it will be 8k, 16k or perhaps even 32k. But i hope it will come in a few years...

The human eye can't perceive more than 23.976 pixels.

>gsync
""""""""'''no"""""""""""

unless you are using projector
I don't think you can see the difference between 8k and 4k on a small monitor

k

4K hasn't even become the standard yet and 8K is almost out? Fuck that honestly... 1080p is fine for me, 1440 might be nice but I wouldn't go higher then that.

Literally nothing wrong with gsync.

How to spot underage the post

>4K hasn't even become the standard yet and 8K is almost out? Fuck that honestly... 1080p is fine for me, 1440 might be nice but I wouldn't go higher then that.

Spot on. It's like DVD vs Bluray all over again. Sure, Bluray is better in quality, but it isn't fucking replace-absolutely-every-DVD-with-Bluray-better. DVD was such a massive jump in not only quality but convenience compared to VHS which it replaced. Bluray was marginal by comparison. It's the same here. Who cares about 4K or even 8K? It's another 3D-TV. I knew 3DTV would crash as it was a gimmick marketed to morons. Lo-and-behold, it sunk. Same with 4K and 8K - marketed to the plebs of society like who just love wasting their social security checks on bullshit. I bet you buy a new phone every year.

>who just love wasting their social security checks on bullshit. I bet you buy a new phone every year.

Ya 300+ dpi is real bullshit, kid. And I mean that. You are obviously underage.

Hey moron, I have a 9001 dpi phone for ya. I'm sure you spend every moment counting the pixels you can't see holding your screen to your greasy face with your less than 20/20 vision.

1080p has visible pixels. 1440p has visible pixels. 2160p has vidible pxels. I'm sorry you have terrible vision.

4320p and 6480p have no visible pixels.

You dumb kids are just that and this is nothing new.

Oh, I can see the pixels when I actually look for them but keeping the monitor at a reasonable distance and not in my fucking face is the solution to that.

The only dumb kid here seems to be you who likes to spend money on crap marketed to morons. Advertising does work this way though, so tough luck, sub-90 IQ guy.

It's also quite telling that you call me a kid, yet you can waste money on inconsequential garbage that is incrementally "better" than what came before it. Again, see DVD vs Bluray. You were probably just born when DVD came around so I don't blame you for sounding naive.

Some people have more important things to be concerned about, like, y'know, suppling for their family, paying the mortgage etc. while having a monitor/computer/TV that is good enough and not the bleeding edge just because some marketing dick said so. Don't worry, when you grow up, you'll get some perspective on life.

>Oh, I can see the pixels when I actually look for them but keeping the monitor at a reasonable distance and not in my fucking face is the solution to that.

Anyone with decent vision can see pixels from about 3-4ft away with the resolutions I mentioned. The ppi is far too low. You're an ignorant retard. Thinks he's smart because he read the back of the box.

You people are so fucking stupid. Artists aren't going to move to 8k resolutions just for your e-peen competition. Do any of you have any idea how long it takes to digitally paint a god damn skybox texture? And don't give me that photo-sampled horseshit as a rebuttal. We've been taking ridiculous resolution photos for longer than you were alive, fucking shilldren.

>Anyone with decent vision can see pixels from about 3-4ft away
Wow, could you not spew absolute bullshit?
You forgot to mention the importance of screen size faggot.

We are talking about monitors here, child. I'm talking with in the topic of discussion. Dumb phone posters/

>We are talking about monitors
>suddenly monitors don't vary in size
Okay kiddo, keep projecting and making up bullshit

Can we just have a discussion without being like "UH, HEY FUCKHEAD"

Or are you retards too stupid for that because youre children with underdeveloped prefrontal cortecies

Average consumer here, what's the advantages to silly resolutions over 1440p? Or even better a 1440p-equivalent 16:10

>Can we just have a discussion without being like "UH, HEY FUCKHEAD"

This is not Reddit.

There is a range of sizes generally 22" to 27".
No need for AA at all. Zero "pixelation".

Fuck you fuckhead

I dont give a shit about that, it just wastes time and data for us to create a standard unoriginal forgettable insult which adds nothing to discussion.

>DVD was such a massive jump in not only quality but convenience compared to VHS which it replaced. Bluray was marginal by comparison

You must make your ophthalmologist rich.

For normal people who just to watch a movie most of the time DVD is "good enough" the same can be said for CD quality audio of 44.1khz.

quake3 8k when?