>underclocked 7700k

Lmao

>and its still consuming more power
wew

>not even the normal 1700
>tested underclocked delidlake but not underclocked Ryzen

Bah

Relevant.

"Based on AMD's technology briefings, we know it has more granular control over clock rate. And it's notable that the 95W Ryzen 7 1700X we're reviewing today uses less power under our stress test than Intel's 91W Core i7-7700k. It takes a significant underclock to put the Kaby Lake flagship in the first place."

You can't make this shit up

AMD learned a lot about cpu power efficiency by trying to compete with intel in low end laptops with bulldozer i just wish and hope that AMD can repeat this vega and make nvidia look like the housefire again

While Intel tries to get CannonYields out of the door AMD will already release Pinnacle Ridge with a mostly fixed platform and obvious bugs fixed.

cannonlake will also just be another 14nm skylake optimization/refresh

Cannonlake is 10nm, but it's Skylake again, most you could expect is lower power from it.
And mobile first, so no 4 cores until well the middle of 2018.

oh no, its getting made on 14nm, intel cant get their 10nm process to work, if cannonlake is 10 nm its still a few years off

I know they had issues with the process and have delayed it plenty of times already, but I still hear the mobile parts are coming while desktop and server parts are a bust.

mITX build when?

>underclocked 4c8t i7 7700k barely matching the 8c16t R7 1700x/1800x in power efficiency.

Intel has fucked up severely and attained the title of [SPACE HEATER].

Really though, a shitty showing by Intel. Ryzen's additional boost from increased RAM speed is just icing on the fucking cake for AMD, they closed the gap by so fucking much in so little time.

noice

Thing is they dont have much to loose with mobile vs amd, they stand to loose a shitton with server and desktop

When vendors stop sucking dick and get their head of their ass(looking at you ASUS), so probably next gen, it takes more time to build a good mITX board.

Wut? If anything Vega+Zen APUs would clean Intel's clock in laptops, that's a more profitable market than regular desktop.

truly pentium 4 tier, just wait when intel looses that single core lead with pinnacle ridge

the last major arch intel had was p6, they tried to move away from p6 with netburst and that was a failure. Then intel went back to p6 with core 2 duo, then with the core i series intel combined the best of both p6 and netburst and they have been on a incredibly optimized p6 with netburst hyperthreading ever since.

Intel has to ditch p6 to get a lead on amd, which is going to be a very costly undertakeing by intel.

that combined with intels utterly shit management in the last 5 years, and heavy competition from qualcomm, nvidia, ibm, samsung and amd could and failing on all fronts (possibly) lead to intel collapsing under its own weight within the next 10 years if something doesnt change now

maybe, that shit is very dependent on oem contracts which intel has always played dirty with

Intel hasn't been very kind to OEMs in recent years, I have no doubt we'll see Raven Ridge in premium ultrabooks and high performance laptops when it releases.

I still expect to see some classic Intel sheenie magic with those OEMs

However with that being said if Raven ridge makes its way to the T or P series ThinkPads then I'm sold.

God I hope I can finally get a good CPU strapped on to a good integrated GPU that has actual horsepower and 3D drivers.
Intel's GPUs are fucking atrocious for anything that's not 2D

RR(+?) is gonna be glorious once they strap on a HBM stack on it

Ultraboners by definition have to be Intel chips. They're an Intel brand.

Marketing aside, they can call it airbooks or powerbooks or lightbooks.

Or just regular fucking thin and light laptops.