I am looking into tech details of Guccifer 2.0 metadata documents

I am looking into tech details of Guccifer 2.0 metadata documents.

Lately two researchers posted some analysis that show that currently most accepted narrative is probably wrong. Or at least that many metadata evidence, that points fingers at Russians (APT29, FSB or APT28, GRU) was not examined and interpreted thoroughly enough.

Looks like all metadata in #.doc documents Guccifer2.0 released, was carefully planted there for journalist, to found it and to assert conclusion that Guccifer 2.0 is Russian Kremlin sponsored hacker pretending to be Romanian lone wolf.

Metadata suggests that Guccifer 2.0 might be someone pretending to be Russian, with intention to either harm DNC or help them blame the Russians.

If you are interested read those 2 (4) articles and post your opinion. Try to keep it technical. I am not here to talk about politics.

g-2.space/index.html
g-2.space/falseflag.html
medium.com/@nyetnyetnyet/russia-and-wikileaks-the-case-of-the-gilded-guccifer-f2288521cdee#.tn2zn0wak
medium.com/@nyetnyetnyet/this-fancy-bears-house-is-made-of-cards-russian-fools-or-russian-frame-up-59a714243b91#.mc7xsyy60

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@jeffreycarr/the-dnc-breach-and-the-hijacking-of-common-sense-20e89dacfc2b#.q7dcludrm
theintercept.com/2016/12/14/heres-the-public-evidence-russia-hacked-the-dnc-its-not-enough/
theintercept.com/2017/01/04/the-u-s-government-thinks-thousands-of-russian-hackers-are-reading-my-blog-they-arent/
reddit.com/r/WikiLeaks/comments/59ud4b/someone_has_your_password/d9be3do/
youtube.com/watch?v=T--zOjA7WiA
nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html
theguardian.com/technology/2011/mar/17/us-spy-operation-social-networks
youtube.com/watch?v=Dvj0v0W6yjk
f-secure.com/documents/996508/1030745/dukes_whitepaper.pdf
www2.fireeye.com/rs/fireye/images/rpt-apt28.pdf
fancybear.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe this is why a certain group of shitposts are spamming about a dozen "find a flaw xD" threads an hour right now

Positive, Sir.

Note that recent Vault 7 leaks have other similar CIA Niggers approaches as NOT to use MM-DD-YY as date format.

Nicely ignored thread, now head to:

chink shit general

battlestation thread

facebook

twitter

bumps

I've only managed to read your fourth link so far. Very interesting stuff indeed. To be fair, I never believed the "Russians did it" story. From the beginning it seemed a little too easy to attribute:
>Moscow working times 9-5
>Cyrillic characters in metadata
>Hackergroup known for being an FSB/GRU sponsored operation

you could tell by how easy the news articles were to read about the topic that something was wrong about the official story. If your grandmother could understand that Russia did something bad with computers to Clinton - the story was too convenietly simple.

On the other hand I don't doubt that there are incompetent Russian hackers who could leave such obvious traces, but then they probably are not tightly connected to the intelligence services.

On a sidenote, my friend from Russia said this about the topic: "Here in Russia we think 'we have the best hackers in the world' when accusations like those pop up".

I completely agree. From the get go all found Russian fingerprints seem a bit to obvious.

I mean, fucking kids on discord know they have to fake timestamps when they leak screenshots so leaker cant be identified.
And any decent anonymous hacker knows that only secure way to sanitize documents is to post only txt files.

Here are two older articles of people who also doubted in whole story:

Jeffrey Carr Jun 20, 2016 The DNC Breach and the Hijacking of Common Sense
medium.com/@jeffreycarr/the-dnc-breach-and-the-hijacking-of-common-sense-20e89dacfc2b#.q7dcludrm

December 14 2016 Sam Biddle Here’s the Public Evidence Russia Hacked the DNC — It’s Not Enough
theintercept.com/2016/12/14/heres-the-public-evidence-russia-hacked-the-dnc-its-not-enough/

And official government stamped reports arent any better:
Pic related: theintercept.com/2017/01/04/the-u-s-government-thinks-thousands-of-russian-hackers-are-reading-my-blog-they-arent/

This was the first time I thought, "This is too easy to be true"

> Note the o's in 'someone' and 'password' aren't really o's.

> 0xD0 0xBE, U+d0be. UTF-8 code, cyrillic small 'o'.

> cyrillic small 'o'

srs?

Source: reddit.com/r/WikiLeaks/comments/59ud4b/someone_has_your_password/d9be3do/

Some quite popular and respected but not always exactly unbiased IT researchers were pointing out date format details on TheShadowBrokers screenshots from Jan 2017.

But any moron who sets up VM know that is you want to look like Chinese, you need to check Chinese regional settings windows during installation.

And I am pretty sure that TheShadowBrokers knows how to crop screenshots before he posts them, if he wants to do that.

couldn't give less shits about ameriturd elections but have a bump anyways OP

This scared the fuck out of me. My cursor was over it and I was away from my PC and the 4chanx image hover on catalog had it expanded and I thought it was some CIA Nigger shit.

this right there is such a silly thing. As if a Russian hacker would randomly switch the keyboard layout between latin and cyrillic keys while typing the word "password".

Most likely that was done to fool a spam filter.

Damn Donald, you're this worried about clearing your masters name?

youtube.com/watch?v=T--zOjA7WiA

>. To be fair, I never believed the "Russians did it" story.

Daily reminder that a couple or weeks before this media elections russian hackers circus, Sup Forums was flooded 24/7 for apparently no reason at all with a bunch of threads like "omg why are russians so good at hacking? they steal a lot of credit cards and stuff they are such good hackers!!", if you dont believe me check the archives.

Those threads were psychologically made for mass manipulation, so a month later when you heard about this election thing you'd go like "oh yea, i've heard about the russians, yea they probably did it"

Same thing happened with the new iphone and the lack of 3.5 headphones jack, for like 6 months there were daily threads "reminder that phones are thick and shitty because they need to have a 3.5 jack".

Whenever you see a certain pattern amongst Sup Forums threads unrelated to outsideworld, just an ideea spammed over and over, then theres clearly CIA niggers or marketing people from a top 5 company promoting some important change\strategy and they want to ease you into accepting it.

I dont suspect you'll last very long being that smart, user

>Sup Forums was flooded 24/7 for apparently no reason at all with a bunch of threads like "omg why are russians so good at hacking? they steal a lot of credit cards and stuff they are such good hackers!!"
Well, russian elites actually pay hackers, and the government doesn't give a shit if you smoke pot as long as you get your shit done.
I actually wish the US had treated hackers similarly over the last three decades or so, minus the "when you're no longer useful, you vanish" sort of thing.

You can have romantic thoughts about the morality of hackers, fighting against the system or whatever but most people, hackers included, are just fucks who want to be able to eat and support whatever vices they happen to have, with a modicum of stability.

The New York Times JUNE 2, 2015 ADRIAN CHEN The Agency; From a nondescript office building in St. Petersburg, Russia,
an army of well-paid “trolls” has to wreak havoc all around the Internet
nytimes.com/2015/06/07/magazine/the-agency.html

The Guardian 17 March 2011 Ian Cobain Revealed: US spy operation that manipulates social media
theguardian.com/technology/2011/mar/17/us-spy-operation-social-networks

> There is no such thing as friendly Intelligence agency.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dvj0v0W6yjk

McAfee does not believe that Russians were behind the hacks on the Democratic National Committee (DNC), John Podesta’s emails, and the Hillary Clinton presidential campaign. As he told RT,
> “if it looks like the Russians did it, then I can guarantee you it was not the Russians.”

It's all CIA.

Yeah UMBRAGE. But that doesnt prove anything. It just shows that CIA would be able and is trained to fake it.
So could probably China, Mossad and any other decent bigger country Intelligence agency.
And probably many hackers and experts on informational security too.

If you read security company reports about APTs like:

f-secure.com/documents/996508/1030745/dukes_whitepaper.pdf
www2.fireeye.com/rs/fireye/images/rpt-apt28.pdf

You pretty much know all you need to know to impersonate those groups.

They know very well they need to conceal authors of tools.
They specifically talk about changing timestamps so they point outside of US timezone.

Do you think Russians and other malware coders dont do that?

But I need to add. This does not exclude possibility that DNC was hacked by Russians.

Maybe they just hired really sloppy hackers.
Or maybe they are playing double bluff, and they though that people will think it werent Russians because it looks like it somebody pretending to be Russian.

At same time there were two other "entities" who also appear to be Russian: fancybear.net/ and TheShadowBrokers.
Both of them need to be analyzed separately.

Pic very related, btw Podesta and other DNC tards failed even non-Mossad tier threat
> Basically, you’re either dealing with Mossad or not-Mossad. If your adversary is not-Mossad, then you’ll probably be fine if you pick a good pass word and don’t respond to emails from ChEaPestPAiNPi11s@
virus-basket.biz.ru.

forgot picture

source: This World of Ours James Mickens