My boyfriend and I are looking to build a nice streaming setup. We already have a NAS

My boyfriend and I are looking to build a nice streaming setup. We already have a NAS.

Are any of the streaming boxes like the Roku or Chromecast actually good? Or are we still better off building an HTPC.

Also, any software out there that's better than Plex for grabbing meta data and streaming video?

post tits

>streaming anime
>being in a 3D relationship
Get the fuck out

No really, post titst or gtfo

I have none, I am a boy

I get dick every night what do you get?

You have posted best girl, so question gets answered.

HTPC is going to be better then any pre-built solution hands down assuming you know enough to be able to build it from parts and install+configure an OS.

Post boipussy then

Asa is that you?

Getting dick is easy as fuck, faggot.

Is there a definitive best OS for HTPCs? Our desktops run Windows 7 because gay men but I'd imagine Windows is pretty meh for an HTPC.

I can run Plex off Linux, so perhaps Ubuntu would be better.

Linux is going to be better then MS since you only have to install the packages you need.

Hm, sounds like this will work well. Thanks.

Our condo isn't big so running Ethernet from the NAS to the HTPC should be easy.

Also it has a great selection of filesystems, all of which are notably better than NTFS.

I've had a good run with both XFS (great large file performance) and JFS (low CPU usage).

Slut

IMHO, better off building an HTPC. I use plex and then teamviewer for remote access. It you go this route, make sure the cpu scores at least a 2000 for each stream you intend to have at the same time.

I know at least 5 lesbian/bisexual women, and not even a single gay man

He's one of those retards that thinks sex is easy for women, he just added an extra layer of autism by thinking this applies to gay men too.

Ignore the NEETs in this thread.

Chromecast is fucking amazing. Honestly. Get the $75.00 (up to 4k) one for future proofing.

Make sure you have an AC router too.

OP is a fag

Gay men will fuck anything.

Source: a faggot once said he wanted to fuck me.

Okay, user.

Don't worry user I wouldn't fuck you.

Granted I've always being really girly about dating, I probably have some kind of hormone problem. I wouldn't ever hookup just for the sake of sex or for looks. It's gotta be more romantic than that.

It doesn't count if he's blind.

>a faggot once said he wanted to fuck me.

don't worry, you'll die a virgin

Maybe you should have said yes since nobody else wants to fuck you

You can probably write a webserver in python pretty easily that'd grab all the video files in a directory and serve them and process their metadata. Moviepy + Multithreading makes for a decent avi-to-webm converter.

>tfw you will never have a qt anime programmer bf
lucky

Gay

You are a fag, OP.

Also, define "better". An HTPC will be cheaper and maybe perform better, but it will take up more space and consume more power. It will also probably look really ugly next to your TV unless you pick one of those ultra small console-size cases.