Payment Methods in your country

I've always wondered if you guys have payment methods like the ones we have in Brasil, or whether you folks are just rich as fuck.
So, here in Brazil, if you're going to buy something expensive, let's say, a thousando dollars, and can do this divide thing right, and pay 100 bucks for 10 months. It's pretty easy to do, you just have to ask the lady doing check out thing, right?
Can you do this in your cunt? Tell me moar.

Did you just ask if other countries are familiar with the concept of credit..?

No. I... Uhm..
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude, I'm just asking if this is a common thing in your country.
Like, paying for expensive things over a long period of time

Yes, we have structured payment plans and credit.

If I can't afford something, I don't buy it. Only exception is a house.

Yes, You are aware that it isn't 100 dollars, but something like 103 dollars if you pay in installments.

Also Germany is mostly a cash country. We accept cards everywhere, but people like to pay with cash.

Depends on the store. Car dealerships usually offer financing except for the low end used car salesmen. Electronics chain usually offer financing on more expensive items like oven stoves or big TVs, too, but for small things it's very unusual to finance.

Americans are the world leaders in buying things without money and only paying it for them later when the paycheck arrives.

Japan:
For big size payment (over $10,000): remit someone's bank account
For middle size payment ($1,000 - $10,000): Credit card or cash
For small size payment ($0 - $1,000): Cash or IC chip card (you can charge money into the card, so you don't need to be bothered by coins.)

exactly the same thing here except some furniture stores will offer financing too. But that's about it

>tfw grandparents went to buy last car entirely with cash
>tfw no one batted an eye
Feels good being a cash master race country.

Because we are all so poor, you can do this almost everywhere. The supermarket I go to allows you to pay for the stuff you bought over a period of two months if the value of the purchase is above 20 dollars :3

Some businesses will prefer cash, because then it means they don't need to put the entire amount on their tax returns which is probably illegal.

I bought my car with cash because the dealer only took cash or cheque.
Wasn't too big of a deal. I don't have a cheque book and I just needed to go the bank in town and interact with more people.

>The supermarket I go to allows you to pay for the stuff you bought over a period of two months if the value of the purchase is above 20 dollars :3
the grocery store offers financing? What the fuck man? Can't you just use a credit card?

Yes we have financing

For a thousand bucks I would use my debit card some would use their credit card.

Maybe they have a store card, like Target does.

Do they check if you are able to pay it back? Like a credit rating or something?

Are you aware that they don't do this because you are poor, but because you will buy more, keeping you poor?

>We accept cards everywhere
No you don't

>taking over 2 months to pay a 20 dollar transaction

What the fuck Brazil

You must be rich.

Well, it isn't like they only sell groceries. They sell other stuff too. And yes, I can pay with the credit card, but you can divide by two months. Like, in the credit card. You can pay with the credit card and divide by two. Can't you do this?

You people are rich.

They do, but it works with the regular credit card.

No, they don't. At least not if you use the credit card. They're gonna make the money anyways. I think the CC company pays them entirely, and then you pay the CC company.

Well, I like buying stuff.

It isn't as if I don't have 20 bucks. I do, but why should I pay 20 today if I can pay ten today and then pay more ten next month?

Cash or debit card.

>went to buy car with cash at dealership
>have to provide 2 forms of ID and 3 recent household bills
>car dealer still clearly considered me a criminal

I wish I was joking.

Did you tell him that your name is Rasheed only ironically?

I was Rasheed I could have went to the Guardian and complained about muh feelings being hurt.

Cash or debit card.

Pretty much every single store nowadays no matter how small will accept cards.

we pay in kangaroo