Are you ready for the "bezel-less" meme to invade every brand of phone on earth and with it say goodbye to hardware...

Are you ready for the "bezel-less" meme to invade every brand of phone on earth and with it say goodbye to hardware buttons?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_concentration
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WALL

Are you upset about something?

The only phones I care about run BB10OS and BlackBerry's not doing that anymore so by all means, bring on more shitty phones.

>blackberry is not reselling chink phones
AYYYYY

What?

AYYYYY

Yes, I read your post the first time. Now would you mind explaining what the fuck you're talking about?

You asking me if I'm ready for better looking phones? Because I am

It's like they don't know what structural integrity is.

>implying they don't
The faster you break it the faster you buy another.

Yes, and I have been for a long ass time. Hardware buttons in this day and age are pointless... apart from volume buttons. Don't take away those.

AYYYYY

So are you going to try explaining your post or are you just going to continually spam it?

No I am not.

Physical buttons on the front are awful and even worse are those fucking capacitive touch buttons Samshit is so fond of. Glad to see this garbage go away. Buttons on the side are also terrible, LG had it right with the G3 - king of phones. Nothing worth buying has superseded it imo

The round corner screens supposedly offer some sort of strength bonus because it doesn't focus strain on the corners (wtf am I reading?). But I don't think it's super aesthetic..

>being against physical buttons
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Physical buttons are fine but have no place on the front or side of the device.

Until Android moves to a gesture based interface or finds some other way to not need those three buttons, yes they do.

Your dash looks fastasleep. Sshhh, dont wake it now!

And hello to endless cracked screens.

>wanting gigantic bezels
Umm wow. Just....wow.

That's stupid. You can't even hold the damn thing, and when you do manage to grip it you accidentally trigger those stupid edge display apps. What the hell? I guess I'll be sticking with my s5 since there are literally no better alternatives. I just want an SD slot, removable battery, wireless charging, Lineage OS support, and enough of a bezel that I can hold it comfortably. There are no phones on the market right now that are newer than the s5 and have all of that.

Why do you type like you're twelve?

What's the deal with phones with no side bezels but huge top and bottom ones? Why can't they just have slim bezels all around?

>The round corner screens supposedly offer some sort of strength bonus because it doesn't focus strain on the corners (wtf am I reading?)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stress_concentration
>Geometric discontinuities cause an object to experience a local increase in the intensity of a stress field. Examples of shapes that cause these concentrations are cracks, sharp corners, holes, and changes in the cross-sectional area of the object.

>taking the bait

>implying there aren't people who legitimately type like that

>bezelless
>put on cover

I gave up long ago. Nothing has physical buttons other than volume and power these days.

Same with physical keyboards I just accepted that if I want a non shitty phone it won't have a keyboard.

BlackBerry's got your back

Sorta... They stopped making hardware though.

So what? The phones they have made are still about as far away from shitty as possible.

>implying they aren't reselling rebranded alcatel phones

>implying I'm talking about the ones that are rebrands
You're dumb.

Those big bezels are triggering me.

Aside from that, it's the curved edge screen that is the shitties meme that needs to die.

My dad got an ordinary smartphone and he's already holding it by the edges of the screen.

If you gave him this edge meme phone he literally couldn't use it. A missed customer.

>big bezels
What? They're like an eighth of an inch on the top and bottom and practically nonexistent on the sides

AYYYYY

I think it's amazing

I have literally never seen a screen breakout from the corner though so I suspect this while it does offer a theoretical advantage is just being used to force a new aspect ratio with rounded corners. Mostly they break from being dropped and landing flat on the screen or by having something crush the screen by being dropped onto the device or being pressed between things

Basically reminds me of ancient crt TV's which had round corners and a shitty picture, lol. Also content doesn't have round corners and nor should it, seems fucking dumb to me. At best they will wind up cropping a few pixels of the corners at worst they will essentially have massive borders based on the size of the biggest rectangle inside the radius of the corners. lmfao at this junk