(Hypothetically) sell me on either 7700k or Ryzen

(Hypothetically) sell me on either 7700k or Ryzen.

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700/3647vs3915
youtube.com/watch?v=RZS2XHcQdqA
forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/amd-zen-thread-inc-am4-apu-discussion.18665505/page-734
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

(literally) read reviews and kys you kissless virgin faggot.

Just wait for the 1600X. It'll have 6 cores and the best single-threaded performance AMD will offer this year.

extremely easy choice

are you a gaymen fag? get an i3 7350k and gtfo will you use you pc for something that will use more than 8 threads? get the ryzen

I have done hours of research boyo, but neither one looks to be objectively better.

So far it seems that 7700k is king in ST, as its IPC is slightly better than that of Ryzen, and it clocks much higher, but it obviously gets stomped by Ryzen in anything thats decently threaded.

Some questions that i have

How much, if anything, will scheduler updates and architectural optimizations improve Ryzen's ST performance? Adding to this, will that 1ghz still matter that much if these points get improved on?

When will Intel release its mainstream 6 core i7? If this happened next year this would make 7700k a corelet and "obsolete" as a high end chip.

Will the 1ghz difference play a bigger role in the future as games get more taxing, or would they start to offload more of the workload on more threads instead of dumping it all on 4 threads max?

All of this remains unanswered, granted a lot of prediction and guessing needs to be made, but they are still important factors to consider

>kys

Y-you too.

just buy the 7700k holy shit

projecting much

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700/3647vs3915

That doesnt translate to performance in gaymes though

Assuming no GPU bottleneck you are looking at a difference of 15-20 FPS, but both will be well above 100 FPS anyway.

who gives a shit, the closer minumum frames are to 144 the better
>hurr 144hz
>durr hurr
>durr

Intelfag like to stare at sky, ground and wall

Anything above 120 FPS is basically the same shit, mr. E-Sports pro gaymurr.

I dont give a shit what its named, as long as it performs the best for what i paid for it

It could be called j!zzMasters cumguzzler xtreme for all i care.

>what is tearing
>what is input lag

I actually use a 1st gen 120hz right now though.

Also, it just looks and feels better the higher hertz you have.

In some games im seeing much bigger differences. Tbh with all the jewing thats going on from both sides i find it hard what to trust and what not to trust in these benchmarks, but so far the 7700k seems to consistently outperform Ryzen in every benchmark, where as Ryzen seems to either slightly fall behind or get completely stomped depending on the benchmark. Im willing to accept the former but the latter will be a dealbreaker.

Like i said here i hope its just an issue with software not being optimized, but im not sure if its a good idea to buy based on ifs and maybes.

That is an RTS which is always going to perform better under a CPU with better single threaded performance.

>Enjoy buying a new motherboard every time you want to upgrade your Jewtel CPU. Meanwhile we will just drop a new processor in and go.

If you want to DUDE 100% GAYM ONLY
without multi-tasking with your 26' Widescreen 1440x2160 monitor then get the i7 7700k.
However if you want to game at slightly lower frame rates with 10fps less(as I've seen) in 90% of the time,
while jacking off with your weeaboo Dragon dildo/fleshlight to your favorite animoos in your desk while working on SonyVegasPro then get Ryzen.

In all seriousness, I've seen some game benchmarks with 3200 RAM reach i7 7700k performance.
They might be fake (this is Sup Forums) but nevertheless Ryzen is more diverse and holds the best value.
Even if falldozer was shit, from which I got an i5 at the time of it.

>gaymen?
i7 7700k
>pretending to actually use all 8 cores
R7 1700

Stop posting this deceiving shit. One shitty single threaded game is not a good example.

Isnt that the point of these benchmarks though? If Ryzen is almost more than two times slower in SC in real world applications then that means its not a good gaming CPU (yes its not made for gaming but many people both game and create content, so its still important). I can understand lagging behind a bit but this is a massive difference.

Mind you im not saying it IS a bad gaming CPU, im just wondering if its a matter of software optimization or an inherent SC shortcoming

Ryzen seems pretty good now. youtube.com/watch?v=RZS2XHcQdqA

That is just a single review, but food for thought.
Probably going to wait until the mobo, ram, and Windows 10 developers have gotten a good grip on things.

I want to multitask as well, which is why im even considering Ryzen. 4c/8t struggles with even streaming, im thinking it probably wouldnt do too well with anything else running in the background

I don't really agree, but I think 120hz is a much better framerate to be aiming for than 144hz.

It's a perfect multiple of 60, 30, and 24, so anything designed to run only at one of those refresh rates runs smoothly on a 120hz monitor.

I can get a Ryzen r1700 for $278.70 in Newegg if you want.
Just if you're interested

If you're only gayming then get a 7600k. You don't need an i7 for games and the money you save is better spent towards a better GPU. If you're going to be streaming or doing any non-gaming task as well then get Ryzen.

I was looking at the 1700x actually. How can you get it that cheap? Newegg employee?

Im interested but im not sure how it would work out with customs, im in Europe so i might end up getting jewed really hard in import taxes.

Would a 7600k really cut it? From the looks of it games will start to use more cores in the very near future

>How much, if anything, will scheduler updates and architectural optimizations improve Ryzen's ST performance?
I think even even AMD engineers couldn't tell you that right now.
And from the consumer standpoint, it could be ranging from spetacular, paradigm shifting stuff, to absolutely nothing.

>tfw [email protected]
>tfw I need something faster for PS3 emulation.

7700K looks very tempting as of right now but I need something even more faster.

>4c/8t
>struggles in streams

Tell me about it, I have a 4690, it cant stream, no ifs ands or buts, it literally just isnt capable of it. Im wondering if my 8350 i have laying around would beat it in streaming.

It depends what you do with your PC.

If you find yourself playing a lot of single threaded CPU bound games (CSGO, LoL, Arma) then I would say go for the 7700K, or even a 7600K if you really don't do any highly threaded work.

If you happen to do any sort of compiling on the daily, rendering videos and/or 3D models, or running VMs pretty much constantly, then I would go for the 1700. In most games, you will be GPU bound. In games where this is less apparent, you should still be seeing enough performance to matter (you will likely still be getting 300+fps in CSGO and LoL anyway).

If you only game but also happen to stream it, go with the 1700 100%.

when you hear people say that it's because they want to jew you out of more money than what makes sense to spend on a processor.
case in point, my build from 2013 features an i7 because people were parroting the same bullshit back then too
i'd be fifty dollars richer if i'd have trusted my gut instead of the dude at microcenter

Only buy Intel if you get a good price on fire extinguishers.

just build a 2nd pc for stream capture. its really not hard

They've already said they are working on a patch to improve performance on ryzen.

>cpu is shit for a given task
>"its okay goyim, just buy a second one to alleviate your performance woes!"

I already have a 2nd PC built, thats what my 8350 is in. I'm just wondering how much a difference is between a 4690 and an 8350 if im streaming gaymse. I understand the 8350 will give less FPS, but that might be balanced out by not shitting the bed as soon as i stream.

Test it and find out.

But csgo uses all of my 4 cores

>I want to multitask as well

Then the discussion is over. A year ago, i was considering building an entirely new config and i was used to read everywhere, here included, that a 6600k was enough for gaming.
Now since Ryzen is out, anything below 7700k is shit because only pure fps at 1080p matters. It's beyond ridiculous. You want any kind of multi-tasking ? Just go for the 1700 and overclock, same price as the 7700k (even lower sometimes), 8c/16t.

If budget isn't an issue, you might want to look at the 1800X, i'm not really sure what's the point of the 1700X yet.

I'm personally still waiting for the ITX Ryzen motherboard though

itx is autism tier

> point of the 1700X yet.

To make the 1700 look better value and the 1800x worse value. The only real point of both the 1700x and 1800x is the chance (and its certain for the 1800x) of hitting 4ghz - not all 1700 chips will currently break that barrier.

flabby or flat, decide for yourself

>muh 2133 mhz memory

If you want a cpu primarily for gaming, and if you are posting on Sup Forums you most likely do, you can save money and just get a 1600x if the simulated benchmarks are anything to go by.

Sup Forums is an AMD board dude, you're only gonna get Ryzen shills no point asking here

MSI B350 Tomahawk $80, decent OC'er
1600x $250

will have this performance due to 6 4.0Ghz zen cores.

>king in ST
kekeroni

>doesn't understand how screen tearing works
Sounds like an intelfag to me

forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/amd-zen-thread-inc-am4-apu-discussion.18665505/page-734
>X370 won't overheat like the B350s

>if i push 3.7+ with anything above 1.35v+ start seeing high 80's + 90's this was similar results of the asus b350 prime board too
>Like you 4ghz at 1.4v was sending VRM over 125C. MSI Tomahawk B350.
>Gigabyte AB350m Gaming 3, thankfully I had an old Antec Spot Cool laying around and fitted that, under stress now, the VRM's dont go over 80oC, only reason ive not pushed beyond 3.9ghz, is I cant get a straight answer out of how much voltage is going to my chip, my bios says 1.225v and AIDA64 says 1.36v, you dont want to know what hardware info says, and CPU-z just doesnt work because im running RAID.
>Most I've seen was 116c on my ab350 gaming 3, as reported by easytune software. 3.9ghz 1.46v encoding video for around 45 mins or so, if it had run longer the temp might get higher still. But this is with all my case fans at full blast though so it sounds like a plane taking off.

what are you on about

>>Like you 4ghz at 1.4v was sending VRM over 125C
>1.4v
duh, the heck is he using though? 1800x 1700?

I need a small case for transportation. Still trying to find what's the point of bigger size if you don't SLI.

What's the point of making the 1800x look worse value ? Isn't it supposed the flagship ?

theory is there is not many 1800x compared to worse binned 1700/1700x
someone buys it - good, no, better sales for other parts
they make huge margins on these either way

The flagships are always worst value, because some cucks spend whatever it takes to get to refer to their purchases as "flagship". See 6950K, 1080Ti, Titan X, R9 Fury, fucking anything thats "flagship". no matter how ridiculous it is, "flagship" always comes with a huge premium.

Not worth it at all with import and shipping.

It's not 278$, but Amazon.fr is selling the 1700x for 350€ for EU. Perfect if you were going to use a non-stock cooler anyway

just gaymen?
i5 7600k 5GHz.

real work + gaymen?
r7 1700

here is the argument for both cpus.

>7700k out of the box has higher performance in games without tinkering.
>dont need 3000mhz+ ram for it to compete.
>ITX mobos are really fucking great at the moment.

>1700 has 8 fukin cores
>with some overclocking surpasses the [email protected] in almost all games and most non game related work.

The downside to the cpus.
>7700k is hot as hell
>1700 requires good ram so its more expensive, but worth it imo.
>am4 is still a new platform so expect weekly bios updates (which bring massive performance boosts.

and recent reviews shows it beating the 7700k and we might see better performance the coming months.

/thread

Intel is CIA

can't see more than 4 cores anyways, there's no reason to buy more

better cooling; more funs to blow fun through the case, and more fun in the case to start with

>ram
>more expensive
yea, like $10 to the cheapest 16GB kit.

You should buy the R5 1500X, it's 4C8T just like the i7 7700K, which is also a 4C8T for less money!!!

It's not just that, you need a good quality Samsung made memory for it to reach 3200+ in AMD mobos at the moment.

Not all 3200 will be able to reach that speed in Ryzen mobos without tweaking to their latencies.

So AMD got fucked in the ass the past 10 or so years.
How did they suddenly manage to catch up? Industrial espionage?

7700K is a literal fucking scam. Save your money and get 6700K/Z170 instead over it. Don't get jewed, IPC gains are literally zero (and they still will be with Coffee Lake).

may as well get 1700 then, 6700~=1700 on stock

>How did they suddenly manage to catch up? Industrial espionage?
Combination of good management and good engineers. Also actual engineers in management.

Intel has been pretty stationary since sandy bridge.

No risk = little reward = incremental refinements
Additionally they have had simply no need to constantly bring the latest and greatest every week since they owned it all.
I am very sure Intel has a superior architecture in the pipeline, and they are standing by to see if they genuinely need it or not.

>I am very sure Intel has a superior architecture in the pipeline
Eh, no. They just started hiring engineers, so expect new arch in 2020 at very best.

They just hired VERY valuable validation staff two month before ryzen. It's another itanium in 2021.

f!=h

im looking at the prices in Norway, i for one would only purchase Samsung B-Die 4266mhz. seeing as how well the cpus scale from 2133 to 3200, i can imagine the performance will increase another 15-20% running 4266mhz.

but even here there B-die samsung sticks are like $50++ more than the normal 2133mhz

G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 4266MHz CL19 8GB 383$
G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4 2666MHz CL15 8GB 71$

still worth it imo. the 1700 overclocked to 4.1 with 4266 (if any mobo can even handle that) would crush the 7700k IPC and gaming.

and it would decimate the 6900k and probably be close to the 6950k in very threaded applications.

Intel CEO == male
AMD CEO == female

>Intel CEO == incompetent bean counter
>AMD CEO == actual fucking engineer

Simple,
If your case has a window, get the Kaby Leek for 122 fps pro gayman.
If you have a mature computing area instead of a "battlestation" get the raisin 1700 and a more refined resolution

prove me wrong

3200 is the highest strap so far, zen+ might fx the issue anyways

A 7700K is within 65-70% of the 1800X in MT workloads.
50% more cores would bring it above the 1800X.

50% more cores will turn it into gigantic housefire.

it won't because the issue doesn't comes from the cpu

the ccx interconnect problem currently requiring the fast ram for performance.

>50% more cores means 50% more performance
Where have I heard this line of logic?

>probably be close to the 6950k
Already is
Hell, this is at stock clocks with 3200MHz RAM

that's better, memory controller is easier to improve than whole core

>383+383 ram = 766
>766+ 329 for 1700 = 1092 dollars

Might as well get the 6900k in then

Intel is really fucked up at this moment solely because shills simply ignore every intel cpu below 7700k while comparing to Ryzen. Their BOTTOM LINE for benchmarks is 7700k. Other than that 6850k 6900k etc. So they simply killed off i5 and i3 themselves completely. If intel suddenly decides to release i7s as 6c/12t CPUs, this will completely kill skylake and kaby lake. They are simply fucked up either way.

Buy Intel and you support Israel.

nice benchmark poojeet

>Where have I heard this line of logic?
Not from Gene Amdahl, that's for sure.

Why? the 1700 overclocked is superior.

1080p
nothing hitting over 65 fps
all my what

It's simple. If you're a srs gaymer and ruyn hundreds mods on games like skyrim, play arma etc. get a 7700k. Otherwise 1700 all the way.

very high preset got msaa x4
funny part: 7700K sucks in all games when you get msaa to more than x2