Smartphones are ghey

Seriously what is the point of a smartphone if you have a laptop?
> a 2017 smartphone battery won't hold 1 day and a half
>a 2003 nokia holds one week of battery
>a 2017 smartphones got unironically backdoors everywhere and security flaws with proprietary software that is connected to the internet and suscetible to privacy invasions
>a 2003 nokia got a really simple proprietary firmware designed solely to do what it's meant, and can be easily hacked and patched with a DCT cable
>a 2017 smartphone got apps to everything that don't matter and got shitty spyware apps to everything that matters
>a 2003 nokia got unironically only functional and utilitarian accesories built in
>a 2017 smartphone unironically dominates your life to the point of conditioning you to be always open and available to information, news, e-mails and social media and drowning you in a sea of entertainment to the point of disrupting your productive life
>a 2003 nokia got any of those and you actually can have the freedom of doing whatever you want with it
Some people will say
>b-but it doesn't have whatsapp or any kewl apps
Install Android x86 on your laptop and stop being a faggot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vJCzA2FP5to
web.archive.org/web/20110113080326/http://www.fai.org/news_archives/fai/000295.asp
patreon.com/Kuvshinov_Ilya
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>smartphones aren't as good as laptops
>all major points are about Nokia phones

Show me a laptop battery that lasts a whole week on one charge. Hell, show me a laptop with a battery that actually lasts 6 hours under moderate usage.

wow really made me think

More like "what's the point of a laptop if you already have a smartphone?"
For normies full sized computers are completely useless

A laptop doesn't fit in my pocket

>Hell, show me a laptop with a battery that actually lasts 6 hours under moderate usage.
X205TA

wtf i hate smartphones now
gonna sell my iphone, buy a sansa clip, nokia 3310 (2017), T60 (gentoo edtition) and 2 months worth of hot pockets

Well a phone is supposed to be a phone, not a laptop or an internet browsing machine. When you use a laptop you are probably seated in a comfy place with outlets everywhere and there you can work on everything you want. A smartphone unironically disrupts your life, since you have the power of a laptop without the productivity of one. So you mainly browse and shitpost at Sup Forums with it instead of doing something useful, while being disrupted by e-mails, alarms, whatsapp and other shit

normies are sheeple controlled by their jew overlords

>disrupts your life
>disrupted by e-mails
That's your best argument? They literally made a hardware switch for the cases when I don't want to be "disrupted".

Can we cool with those anti-Semitism comments? This is not Sup Forums you know. As a Jewish person I feel it very offensive.

>I feel it very offensive

I use a ten inch tablet from chinkland with a sim card-g battery lasts three days, I use a Bluetooth headset for speaking ( or just hold it closer to my head whatever. ) and I have a Bluetooth keyboard in a bag to type if need be .

luddite lol

Fuck off (((rat)))

>i am sure that you won't be tempted into shitposting at Sup Forums
>he said, shitposting on Sup Forums

go back to your rubyonrails project Rajesh

>nigger meme

I guess I'm lucky I find smartphones and their shitty touchscreens unusable.

Also I'm uninterested in bombarding myself in bullshit 24/7. Unless it's your brand of bullshit Sup Forums

still holding out on buying a smartphone. i know my time is limited before that shit is forced on me though

He's got a perfectly good point that you will try to break down simply because you're a contrarian fucktard.

If you ever go out into the public, you'll see the exact fucking behavior he describes. It's hardly a secret. And you know exactly what I'm talking about. You just choose to ignore it because you're a newcunt who thinks the point of Sup Forums is totes pwning OP XD

>not using your phone to masturbate in bed

Wow is that you in the picture? You look really hot

I seriously tought of doing the same.
>TP T60 (15" 1600x1200 IPS)
>libreboot + gentoo installed
>old nokia 3310 (immortal) or 8110 (matrix banana)

first I'll have to sell my fucking T420, my T420s, and the X220t with broken digitizer. Wish me good luck.

sauce?
need to fap.

How does one even begin to respond to a post like this?

The real questions is: what's the point of a laptop when you have a smartphone?

>can't fit laptop in pocket
>carrying it around is cumbersome
>everything you would do on a laptop you can do on a smartphone

Why would you want to carry around a backdoored tracking machine with proprietary anti-user, anti-privacy firmware software and software in your pocket? Smartphones are a consumer gimmick.
>everything you would do on a laptop you can do on a smartphone
If this is the case, you don't actually do anything to begin with besides gross consumption.

Laptops are essentially obselete to Tablet anyways. You see the Surface Pro 4, Samsung tab pro s and Samsung S3? Infinitely lighter and more portable than a tablet and strong enough to do almost everything.

I bought a spectre hp x360 and returned it within a week cause I had to carry it around in a fucking case all the time, ended up getting a surface pro 4 with i7. Never fucking looked back.

than a laptop*

I can't walk around and look at my laptop. Better question is if desktops are obsolete.

why would you want to walk around and look at your laptop? Do you have that much urge to shitpost?

Towers are pretty much obselete, you can buy a high end laptop/tablet and hook your monitors/peripherals up to it. Only thing desktop has over laptop is probably cheaper and more bang for your buck, especially when custom building.

>Why would you want to carry around a backdoored tracking machine with proprietary anti-user, anti-privacy firmware software and software in your pocket? Smartphones are a consumer gimmick.

That post gave me autism.

>NOT GETTING BITCHES ON TINDER BREH

Anyone who uses logic is autistic.

Honestly I dont even care about the backdoors and "muh botnets", cause no matter how hard you try theres always some bullshit way they can get in to anything that connects to the internet.

What really grinds my gears is battery, if phones didnt develop into mobile computers and stuck on the path of being a calling/texting machine that would at most also send/receive emails then all that R&D could go into batteries. Shit by now we could have phones that would last a full week on a charge. Also whats the point of a mobile computer when cellular data is expensive.

>tfw even tracfones fell into the smartphone b8

Heh... here's the original image. Someone took an drawing of a white girl by a Russian artist and then made her into some brown indian girl.

CULTURE APPROPRIATION!

kys weeb

Brazil is cultural appropriation the country :) We take everything from every country and make it ours

>weeb
come on an anime site, complains about anime and anime users. you're as retarded as troglodytes who go on gay.com/forum/tech and complain about "faggots".

kys

Nothing ever good came out of Brazil. Last gift you gave to the world was ZIKA Virus.

Brazil is loved by everyone!
youtube.com/watch?v=vJCzA2FP5to

I use it as a hub for media and multiple displays in different rooms.

Just buy a blackberry then. They're better at being smartphones anyway. Or that chunk phone with a 10k battery that lasts two weeks. I love having unlimited cell data tho

>brown indian girl
she's literally the exact same color in both images, moron

>Nothing ever good came out of Brazil

1. Airplane
2. Chest photofluorography
3. Radio
4. Rice drainer
5. Balloon
6. Phone Card
7. Calls identifier
8. Walkman
9. Snake antivenom
10. Pion

>Airplane
WE

HOLY SHIT, a fucking delusional Braziltard!

Thanks for a laugh.

Santos Dumont built and flew the first airplane without any sort of impulse.

>Airplane
>Brazil

DAS WRIGHT

Your shitty """"""""""""airplane""""""""""" needed a launcher to fly, just like a stone rofl
14-bis did it on its own so stay mad amerifat.

Wright brothers used a launching rail to propel the airplane, and required strong and steady winds to get their invention off the ground. There’s actually no proof that the “Kitty Hawk” plane was able to take off on its own.

On the other hand, Santos Dumont’s plane, the 14-bis, didn’t require any outside assistance. His aircraft flew for about 61 meters (200ft) completely on its own. Thanks to the flight, the Brazilian won a prize of 1,500 francs from the Aéro-Club de France. According to the Federation Aéronautique International (FAI), the 14-bis was the world’s first-ever airplane.

this nigger was brazillian but was educated in paris and this flight occured france. . . it was a glider being towed 150m down a river by a boat.

im sure we all recognize the wright brothers' accomplisment is much closer to what we today call and airplane

nigger

>conditioning you to be always open and available to information
But user, I want to be always open to information.

>it was a glider being towed 150m down a river by a boat

No, it wasn't. Learn history, dipshit

>According to the Federation Aéronautique International (FAI), the 14-bis was the world’s first-ever airplane.

Sure...

web.archive.org/web/20110113080326/http://www.fai.org/news_archives/fai/000295.asp

When ur parents are cousin

>OP related

Keep saying that, omar. You are from Brazil. Melhor do mundo

we make it better too, see our girls, our diseases, our intelligence (there is no such thing as corruption, that is a social construct), memes, even torture and kill people better than everyone in the world. someone looked weird towards my gang so we made a breakfast with them in prison (yes we have internet in prisons, you amerifats need to step it up). this is a blue board though so look it up on liveleak. :)

>Hopeless

On iPhone. Not all smartphones have them.

Who's the original artist? I can only find reposts on various websites

It's Kuvshinov Ilya.

The picture can be seen on the patreon page.
patreon.com/Kuvshinov_Ilya

Cheers, found him on Deviant Art, it's there as well.

Great style in that one. Some of his newer ones look like they took 15 minutes though. Seems like he was generally putting in more effort before.

>Seriously what is the point of a smartphone if you have a laptop?
1. Whatsapp, most my friends use this to communicate, a smartphone is needed for that, it doesnt work on android x86
2. GPS, using your laptop while walking in the rain trying to find an adress is ridiculous
3. Camera, feature phones have terrible cameras

Find me a feature phone that supports whatsapp and has gps and I will buy it immidiately

> a 2017 smartphone battery won't hold 1 day and a half
>a 2003 nokia holds one week of battery
Airplane mode and keeping your screen dim and off as much as the nokia is would help. I can stretch my dong for as long as 12 days if i use it exactly like a nokia.

> Install Android x86 on your laptop
lolwut.

/thread
Don't look like a nonce on the bus when you weng your smartphone out

why r u even here?

All of them have a vol- button

>>a 2017 smartphone unironically dominates your life to the point of conditioning you to be always open and available to information, news, e-mails and social media and drowning you in a sea of entertainment to the point of disrupting your productive life
doesn't a windows desktop PC dominate your life a lot more then a smartphone?

This.
Wtf ap?

>Radio
Popov invented radio,dude!

Anybody who uses the word unironiclly can't be taken seriously. It instantly gives away your millenial status.

Your using windows or linux developed by nsa

Nice copypasta fgt

amazing art!

... nevermind, it's gone now

>> a 2017 smartphone battery won't hold 1 day and a half
my 2013 smartphone last longer with my usage
>a 2017 smartphones got unironically backdoors everywhere and security flaws with proprietary software that is connected to the internet and suscetible to privacy invasions
not a lot that can be done about that
>a 2017 smartphone got apps to everything that don't matter and got shitty spyware apps to everything that matters
f-droid has everything i need
>a 2017 smartphone unironically dominates your life to the point of conditioning you to be always open and available to information, news, e-mails and social media and drowning you in a sea of entertainment to the point of disrupting your productive life
it allows it, but it doesn't force any of it. the only information i get on my phone is work email. i don't have any social media accounts

i'm not going to use a laptop for a flashlight, camera, or checklist while getting groceries